• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eurovision Song Contest 2017 |OT| Slovenia: "On My Way - to the lowest score"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have noticed they are killing performers mics almost the instant they finish they song. I guess they dont want people shouting personal messages

oti

Banned
German commentator saying Germany's chances increased because she's popular in Ukraine.

Pfffffff.

Based on the live performances this runthrough only, I would give the 10 finalist spots to: Georgia, Albania, Finland, Azerbaijan, Portugal, Poland, Moldova, Iceland, Armenia and Latvia.
I know that won't happen but it would be justice.

But will Israel do a weird performance?

They're sending a traveling agency ad for Tel Aviv.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Serbian song's melody is a total ripoff of Katy Perry's Firework... It's shamefully obvious.

So far everything I've heard from this year is irredeemable trash. Even songs from UK and Australia which you'd guess would have some decent songwriters in English, sound dumb and uninspired :\

NewDust

So my guesses for going through:

Armenia
Azerbaijan
Epic sax guy 2.0
Georgia
Poland by virtue of it being sung by the contestant with the best voice
Sweden by virtue of it being Sweden
Australia by virtue of it being Australia
Greece by virrue of it being the most Eurovision song
Portugal... Let's hope
Monetegro... Who knows?!(JK, Albania will takes this spot.)

Armenia bringin' the Gerudo.

you say this when I KNOW you saw Sofi Marinova a few years ago

tumblr_m4pl66fZfN1rpq6ago1_400.gif

Joni

She's a timid 17 year old girl.

The only time we won was with a kid. We have been really trying to match that. Loic Nottet was 18, Laura Tesoro 19. Iris and Roberto Bellarosa were young as well. The only thing stopping us are those dastardly age rules.

How will the votes be counted? Will it be like last year finals?

Yeah, it will be a split vote between the jury (who voted yesterday) and the televote. The semis don't announce the points until after the contest is over however in order not to affect the finals.
It's basically the same as in the finals, except it's only the respective semi-finalists and 3 out of the automatic qualifiers who get to vote (the other 3 vote in semi 2).

Cant wait for 2nd semi

Russia in town

???
You do know Russia withdrew, yes?

NewDust

How will the votes be counted? Will it be like last year finals?

Only coutries competing in this semi can vote. 50/50 split jury and public I believe. Winners will be announced in a random order, vote will be made public after the finals

I just realized this event is happening during Victory Day for Ukraine - which has resulted in many clashes in recent years. Hopefully no nonsense kicks of with large crowds leaving the event.

Apzu

Yeah, it will be a split vote between the jury (who voted yesterday) and the televote. The semis don't announce the points until after the contest is over however in order not to affect the finals.
It's basically the same as in the finals, except it's only the semi-finalists and 3 out of the automatic qualifiers who get to vote (the other 3 vote in semi 2).
Oh right, there's that

Hellraider

Last year's winner feels a lot like the ballad that gets in the top three and that's it. I still think it is decent, but definitely didn't want it to win.

MrPanic

Meh semi-final. Here the songs that stood out to me:

Belgium - Nice song, poor performance
Azerbaijan - Weird, but nice enough
Portugal - Clearly the winner of this semi-final
Greece - To me the most catchy of the generic euro lady singing songs
Moldova - Not enough meme, but please have fun songs in the finale
Cyprus - Very ripoff, but catchy nonetheless
Armenia - Most impressive singing imo

Only those 7 stand out to me as probable finalist. Special shoutout to Montenegro, keep whipping that ponytail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom