• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eurovision Song Contest 2017 |OT| Slovenia: "On My Way - to the lowest score"

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
it was the damn jury in Evrovizijska Melodija, I think they just liked him because he's a veteran and his dumb story about "I wrote this years ago and waited to release it because it's such a special song". 3 of the 4 jurors gave him a perfect score and one gave him 10 points, it's crazy.

I hated the BQL song (and I know how you feel about Aleš Vovk) but they got almost three times as many televotes as Omar. I feel like them, Nika Zorjan or maybe Raiven could have gotten to the finals.

Yep, it was the jury that messed the things up this year. Probably they just wanted to end Vovk's era. Seriously, our TV will have to make a decision about competing in the future, because we have to pay 12 € each month for the National TV (if you have electric energy in the house, you are obliged to pay) and people are quite furious about it. Oh and Zorjan song was also made and produced by Vovk...

Good thing is that Raiven is getting a lot of airtime on radio stations, on those not influenced by Vovk and his partners.

RocknRola

Is tonight expected to be any less boring than the first semi-final?

I mean outside of Moldova and Portugal (and the guy spinning his ponytail in the air) i it was just another bland music festival

Ponytail Guy has the potential to join Epic Sax Guy in the coming years! :p

This is the first year in a long time (probably since the rule was established!) where most of the Big 5 actually feel like they deserve to participate in the finals. Italy, France and, I hate to admit, the UK are sending really good entries.

Shame Germany's is bleh and Spain's is just... just terrible. Go away, Spain.

Apzu

This is the first year in a long time (probably since the rule was established!) where most of the Big 5 actually feel like they deserve to participate in the finals. Italy, France and, I hate to admit, the UK are sending really good entries.

Shame Germany's is bleh and Spain's is just... just terrible. Go away, Spain.
Germany is just being Germany, they haven't had a good song in years. They are probably just trying to get 3 last places in a row.

Now Spain is something else, it's not only terrible it's just wrong, Mirela should have won Objetivo Eurovision. I'll never forget this spain, never.

addik

Ugh, I pretty much have a lull-ish shift today at the office, so was hoping I could watch the second Semi Finals while waiting for time to pass. I thought that Eurovision.tv would have it again, but apparently they're just doing the livestream in YouTube, which is blocked on my workstation (even if YouTube is a legitimate source I need for work).

Oh well, i'll be home in time for the announcement though

Vazduh

Tonight's the night...

For my country to embarrass itself once again.

4uIGQmD.gif

Apzu

Ugh, I pretty much have a lull-ish shift today at the office, so was hoping I could watch the second Semi Finals while waiting for time to pass. I thought that Eurovision.tv would have it again, but apparently they're just doing the livestream in YouTube, which is blocked on my workstation (even if YouTube is a legitimate source I need for work).

Oh well, i'll be home in time for the announcement though
You could try some of the national broadcasters streaming links, or are they all blocked?

https://www.svtplay.se/video/135729...on-song-contest-2017-semifinal-2-11-maj-21-00 (Sweden - SVT)
http://www.rte.ie/player/at/live/10/ (Ireland - RTE)

Is he doing a long "chu-chuuuuuuu" as the train passes by? lol
Well, that's what I'll think he's doing from now on.

Eurovision Song Contest 2017 |OT| Ireland: "Dying To Try - Not to win, please, it's expensive."

the shade name for Ireland's song is "Trying To Die", lol

this is just a straight-up bad semi, but there will be some fun songs and some good songs.

VOTE ROMANIA

VOTE HUNGARY

after that I don't really care what happens tbh

need to update the title to reference a song from Semi-final 2

Nah it'll be fine. I might ask a mod for a title change for the final, but I don't think one for semi 2 is necessary.
The only thing that would prompt me to definitely change the title would be if Lithuania goes through.

the shade name for Ireland's song is "Trying To Die", lol

Pfft.
My personal favourite this semi is Norway.

Germany is just being Germany, they haven't had a good song in years. They are probably just trying to get 3 last places in a row.

Now Spain is something else, it's not only terrible it's just wrong, Mirela should have won Objetivo Eurovision. I'll never forget this spain, never.

I actually liked Black Smoke, the one song with 0 points where Germany shared the last place with (host country) Austria with. It was Eurovision history also because this was the first time (and given the new point system also probably the last time) that a host country got 0 points.

Apzu

Black Smoke was an ok song, it dind't deserve null points but it wasn't that great either. The most amazing thing in eurovision 2015 to me is that Austria managed to get 0 points with a burning piano, I mean even going full eurovisiony they still didn't get anything.

oti

Banned
Should I go with YouTube or TV stream? The German commentator can be bad but the hosts are terrible, so might as well endure the lesser of the two evils.

Should I go with YouTube or TV stream? The German commentator can be bad but the hosts are terrible, so might as well endure the lesser of the two evils.

The lesser of two evils would be the YouTube stream because you will have to endure the hosts anyway, it'll just also have some asshole talking over them, the hosts won't blab in between songs, and you also won't have commercials.

There are no commercials in Germany.

Consider yourself lucky then, but my other points still stand.

oti

Banned
The lesser of two evils would be the YouTube stream because you will have to endure the hosts anyway, it'll just also have some asshole talking over them, the hosts won't blab in between songs, and you also won't have commercials.

There are no commercials in Germany.

Here we go!

Spyware

It started out fine but dropped to horrible as soon as thery started singing. You can't seriously say that this intro was anything but a disgrace to some really nice songs D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom