• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EverQuest Next Landmark Alpha |OT| Settle in, Trailblazin' is afoot.

mnannola

Closed beta is supposed to come out no later than March 31. It may be sooner, as Alpha was supposed to come no later than February 28, and we're already in Alpha.

Maybe they have way more already working behind the scenes, but that seems almost impossible to accomplish all of that in 2 months. Hope you are right.

Vesper73

I took a little bit for the game to click on me, but I'm a certified addict at this point.

There is so much potential here. So excited to see where this all goes!

See you guys/gals in game! Kickin it on Courage - Basin - as "Vesper"

/edit NDA gone!! I need to get some pics up!

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Smedley teasing... what else is new "Catapults. Siege warfare. Dragons knocking down walls. Ahh the future is good"

Trouble

Banned
so it's going to stack? lol. nice. gotta collect them all (shouldn't really care since it'll all get wiped eventually ;P)

Extras don't really help you in any way. Except maybe an extra trailblazer flag (not claim flag).

I lost my flag, it disappeared when I was trying to place it. :p

Extras don't really help you in any way. Except maybe an extra trailblazer flag (not claim flag).

I lost my flag, it disappeared when I was trying to place it. :p

i had the resource rings x2 and equipped them both. got 2 of the crafting rings too. so that helps a bit.

Cragvis

I took a little bit for the game to click on me, but I'm a certified addict at this point.

There is so much potential here. So excited to see where this all goes!

See you guys/gals in game! Kickin it on Courage - Basin - as "Vesper"

/edit NDA gone!! I need to get some pics up!

Totally, with what you can do in the game, turning that into a major mmo like they are with EQN....

i cant even put into words how big that will be. looks amazing, you can interact with anything, and the AI they talked about at their event...all that combined is going to be THE mmo.

Incase anyone isn't checking the alpha forums too often, Terry just posted some tips for taking screenshots. ALT +F10 to hide the UI, CTRL + F12 to take a screenshot; screens are stored in /Users/<username>/pictures/EQNext

YuShtink

Bought the $60 pack withot realizing the servers were down. Oh well. Even with that hour or so delay they should be back up soon now. Very excited to get started!

Vilam

Maxis Redwood
Bought the $60 pack withot realizing the servers were down. Oh well. Even with that hour or so delay they should be back up soon now. Very excited to get started!

Don't sweat it. Honestly I'm surprised (and impressed) their servers lasted as long as they did on launch day for a game that's very clearly still quite early.

YuShtink

Don't sweat it. Honestly I'm surprised (and impressed) their servers lasted as long as they did on launch day for a game that's very clearly still quite early.

Yea no worries I'm a seasoned alpha/beta veteran so I've come to expect the frequent inconveniences.

spirity

It begins

yepp_zpsa5120a24.jpg

GOT WOOD?

ZiZ

I caved in and got it yesterday.
all I can say is, this has got me very hyped for EQN.

I'm not really into building, but the crafting and mining aspect is very interesting.

Yeah really.

They said most of the devs are off today to get some rest so hopefully the servers cooperate today too :)

Edit: Oh they're still down, poor devs :(

Arkaerial

Unconfirmed Member
Any news on the servers? I just tried to login and got "Your account is not authorized to access the game at this time"

Have to say what little I have actually got to play the game I've had fun.

Edit: disregard question on servers.

Perkel

Banned
Holy shit games looks amazing for MMO. That Planetside 2 engine is amazing. Especially this long distance view....

acksman

Holy shit games looks amazing for MMO. That Planetside 2 engine is amazing. Especially this long distance view....

Yes, I find it interesting that the map sizes are the same size as Planetside 2. I wonder of they are running up against some barrier to make them larger.

Damnit GAF, why did you make me click on this thread. Now I'm $100 poorer.

As soon as I reached the 'build a house' part of the video, I was all in. Downloading now.

Maybe I'm just blind but is there place where you can see if the servers are up without launching the game (similar to how Planetside 2 has the server status on it's forum homepage)??

Top Bottom