• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2013 Fighting game championship of the World July 12th - 14th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
Predictions?

I think mew2king or PP take it.

I want Wobbles or shroomed (docto mario!!) though. Doubt it'll happen, especially if wobbles goes against king, his spacing is just too good.

Dahbomb

Just woke up.

Killer Kai the only real upset so far or have I missed more?
Yea that's the only match streamed that I would qualify the closest as being an upset. Although it wasn't to some no name player (it was Jeo from Japan) and he wasn't randomed out, straight up out played 3-0 with KK making bad mistakes himself.

Also looks like they are switching streams, KOF is on the main stream now. Melee is finished, they have their top 8.

MELEE TOP 8
Winners
Mew2King
PP
Hungrybox
Wobbles

Losers
Mango
Armada
Ice
Shroomed

SO PUMPED!!

For someone who doesn't follow Melee, can you tell me a little about the notable players?

Is there someone who is favored to win heavily? Are there any unexpected new comers that qualified for Top 8? Anyone using a underused/underpowered character?

Any past rivalries between these players?

Thanks.

TheOGB

Banned
I think I'm in love with this Sagat cosplayer....

L1EJprQ.jpg

That Dudley is awesome (I think this pic was from last years Evo)
Who, Victoria Justice? :p
That Dudley looks like someone I know

Revven

Characters for Melee finals: Sheik, Falco, Jigglypuff, Ice Climbers, Fox/Falco, Peach, Sheik, Dr. Mario

And if M2K loses a match against a spacie, you can be sure he's switching to Marth and CP'ing to FD.

But really impressed!

Now time for some Mahvel, super fitting to have Mahvel right after Melee.

Fidelis Hodie

Infidelis Cras
So this is what they were more or less playing, as far as I remember, though a couple of them have other "mains" for sure. mew2king has a great marth under his belt, for example, Mango has a Jiggly (if I remember) and someone has a Young link to counterpick hungrybox. Or not. I'm frazzled haha.

MELEE TOP 8
Winners
Mew2King || Shiek
PP || Falco
Hungrybox || Jigglypuff
Wobbles || Ice Climbers

Losers
Mango || Fox
Armada || Peach
Ice || ??
Shroomed || Dr. Mario

--- aaaand stolen from smashboards ---

TOP 8 TOMORROW!

DR. PEEPEE VS WOBBLES!
HUNGRYBOX VS MEW2KING!

MANGO VS ICE!
ARMADA VS SHROOMED!

LOSER OF PP/WOBBLES FACE WINNER OF MANGO/ICE!
LOSER OF HUNGRYBOX/MEW2KING FACE WINNER OF ARMADA/SHROOMED!

SF4 and Marvel pools were kinda the same. Few exceptional matches, a lot of solid stuff, generally not a lot of craziness.

Of course the heat gets turned up later.

Pools ain't over yet but AE had way more good matches yesterday than what I've seen so far. From the top of my head: Itabashi/Wolfkrone - Arturo/Choi - Tokido/that good Guile player (forgot his name)

I expected that though since the tournament was way more stacked with internationals and all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom