• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2013 Fighting game championship of the World July 12th - 14th

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrDogg

I know characters have unique auto-doubles/manuals, Sabrewulf=Mash the same button & Jago=Around the world (Don't know what direction or starting strength?)

Can you clarify the manuals?

Under Sabrewulf:
Light > Medium > Heavy
Medium > Heavy

Does this mean you can manual, Light to Medium to Heavy (as a 3hit I assume) or Medium to Heavy (as a 2hit)?

Also, how would you break that?

I listed Jago's around the world and Sabrewulf's mash thing as manuals (since they don't really fall under any other category at the moment).

For the manuals in question, yes... Light > Medium > Heavy means you can manual from a Light attack to a Medium attack to a Heavy attack. Same for Medium to Heavy.

The break would be related to the input, but the window to break is much tighter than an auto-double. If you want to break the Light, you would press LP+LK, but it has to be broken during the ~4-6 frames you're in hit stun from the Light attack. If you miss that window, you'll get locked out.

KOF and Marvel peak didn't have that big of a difference.

Yeah I don't remember the numbers...but I remember plenty of "LOL Marvel can't even beat KOF LOL" type comments. I thought the peak was right at the end of KOF...when marvel was scheduled to start.

Either way, having GF steadily over 100K will be a good goal. I wonder how much of a bump melee and its apparently huge popularity will give to numbers.

Wasn't that high, around 100K towards the end of KOF and start of marvel. Hopefully they get there this time.

It never hit 100k. A ton of Marvel and SF guys showed up early in preparation to watch their game, which is why KOF got so many viewers(90-96k I think). It went up tiny bit when Marvel was on(98k was the most I saw). Then took a big dive to the 75-80k range when SF4 came on because it was 2AM in the morning we probably lost the entire East coast of America and plenty of minions dropped out to I bet.

If everything stays on schedule, I think it will break 100+ this year. But Nico will take away most of the Japanese audience so we'll have to combine the two to get the real numbers for EVO this year.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Chris G still doesn't want to play Marvel at EVO according to Slasher. Says he has everything to lose but nothing to win.

Still considering not playing.

DO IT FOR SMEDWICKS

Crazy prediction if everything goes on time

Friday and Saturday will average around 50k during the morning/afternoon (pacific time)

After 5, there will be around 75k

Sunday morning will average around 75k

Sunday afternoon will be around 100k

Grand Finals for Marvel and Street Fighter will be around 150k

Busaiku

Gootecks seriously thinks people will hate on Chris G more if he loses in Grand Finals, than if he doesn't play at all?
Really?

It never hit 100k. A ton of Marvel and SF guys showed up early in preparation to watch their game, which is why KOF got so many viewers(90-96k I think). It went up tiny bit when Marvel was on(98k was the most I saw). Then took a big dive to the 75-80k range when SF4 came on because it was 2AM in the morning we probably lost the entire East coast of America and plenty of minions dropped out to I bet.

I think it's a little rude to attribute the viewer difference with KOF to scheduling.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
Gods, I fucking hate listening Gootecks talk about the FGC.

"IT'S JUST NOT ENOUGH MONEY GUYS. TOO MUCH PRESSURE + NOT ENOUGH $$$comewatchmespinsomerecords"

Spacebar

Friday and Saturday will average around 50k during the morning/afternoon (pacific time)

I have a hard time staying up late on Sunday night. I hope they can wrap it up by 1 am eastern.

TheChits

150k would be huge. I really hope they can reach that

LordJim

What exactly does he have to lose?
Save for extra pressure/fatigue from juggling games(he has Injustice and Xtekken too), what can possible be bad about participating?

Frantic

The question is if ChrisG doesn't play, will Champ sandbag himself out of the tournament for EVO 2014 when ChrisG does play?

They're both going to choke, I can feel it.

Ferrio

Banned
Really sad KOF finals are first in line. I was under the impression that it was one of the most popular finals last year.

Dahbomb

I think this evo will be the the height of UMvC3 popularity so if ChrisG doesn't enter he will probably regret it.
Pretty much yea.. game is going to go down in terms of popularity after this year's EVO. It will still be at EVO next year but quite a few players will have quit or moved on. A patch can extend the game's life and interest an additional year but beyond that it will probably get put down by a new Marvel game.

Speaking of which I wonder which games make it into EVO next year. Quite a few games will fall out after this EVO. My guesses:

AE 2013, UMVC3 (or whatever patch it will be on), BBCP, Killer Instinct, GG Xrd, Injustice, Smash Wii U (if it's released until then) and a charity game.

Maybe they can get in Skullgirls if the game picks up momentum. Maybe that Chinese KoF game. Probably no SFxT and MK9 next year unless SFxT is super hype. KOF, TTT2 and P4 are less likely too although if Namco has no game by then TTT2 might see a return.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I definitely only watched the last 3/4 of KoF GF because Marvel was up next, I feel a lot of others are in that camp too. And that shit took forever too, pretty sure it bled into Marvel time.

It was okay, maybe I missed the whole "story" of it all w/Bala, and MadKoF was getting to adapting which was kinda cool to watch. Was definitely entertaining.

I definitely only watched the last 3/4 of KoF GF because Marvel was up next, I feel a lot of others are in that camp too. And that shit took forever too, pretty sure it bled into Marvel time.

It was okay, maybe I missed the whole "story" of it all w/Bala, and MadKoF was getting to adapting which was kinda cool to watch. Was definitely entertaining.

Did you turn off the stream when AE was on because it was too late?

I missed most of Top 8 of SF4 last year because I had a flight to get the next morning at like 8 am so I had to stop watching at around 11 something. It sucked :(

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Did you turn off the stream when AE was on because it was too late?
Nope, but I sorta wish I did by the end of it. Rewatching it in the past few days affirmed my belief it was as bad as it is. It's a shame because the year before SF was so incredibly hype, I can't even choose whether it was more hype than Marvel or not.

EDIT: No Thursday event this year confirmed by Mr. Wizard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom