• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2013 Fighting game championship of the World July 12th - 14th

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Shots fired at the Chris G interview ahhaahaha

"We just cut out all the moments we couldn't comprehend and it was like 45 seconds"

:lol

Yeah I don't remember the numbers...but I remember plenty of "LOL Marvel can't even beat KOF LOL" type comments. I thought the peak was right at the end of KOF...when marvel was scheduled to start.
nope.jpg

It beat SFIV and most other games easily, but Mahvel was top draw by far.

Checked my post history...
Okay then...

UMvC3: 98k
KOF XIII: 92k
Mortal Kombat: 66k
SFxT: Sub 50k?
SCV:50k

The highest counts on the viewers as far as I know. It was a pretty fucken' successful EVO from that standpoint. KOF has literally experienced the Cinderella story. It's some fucking Disney shit, kids.
I was thrown off by the reception to SFxT. Mahvel and KOF ate up all the hype.

RC

Banned
Th ST tournament of legends was my favourite part of EVO last year. Was hoping for more old school love this year.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
swptcHq.jpg

nope.jpg

It beat SFIV and most other games easily, but Mahvel was top draw by far.

Thanks, you are right.

Strangely detailed stream numbers:

http://beastnote.blogspot.com.au/2012/07/evolution-2012-day-3-summary.html

18:13 [Grand Final 2] Mad Kof 3-1 Bala *peak 90500 viewers, average 83000

21:42 [Grand Final 2] F.Champ 3-2 Infrit *98100 viewers *Infrit missed a big opportunity when he couldn't close the 2nd game.

23:33 [Grand Final] GamerBee (Ado) 0-3 Infiltration (Aku) *77700 viewers
0-2
1-2
0-2

It did take a while for marvel to take over kof's numbers, so that is where my confusion would have come from.

Busaiku

Gamerbee is seriously the most "underrated" player ever.

He was 2nd last year.
He won SEAM.

He's just not at as many events.

Are those times Pacific timezone? SF4 suffered greatly by the delay. The numbers at EVO 2012 was better when it peaked at 85k with Marvel 2nd at 70-something.

Not sure how American timezones work...but yeah it was very late.

Even for me, where the whole thing takes place on a Monday during the day, it was a super long day. I was pretty over it by the time AE finally rolled around.

Thanks, you are right.

Strangely detailed stream numbers:

http://beastnote.blogspot.com.au/2012/07/evolution-2012-day-3-summary.html

It did take a while for marvel to take over kof's numbers, so that is where my confusion would have come from.
Creepily accurate numbers.
Marvel should be the main game based on those numbers. #MakeMarvelLast.
Capcom probably prefers SFIV as the last game.
Speechless. Was this on IRC?
I'm hoping this is just a troll.

jbug617

Banned
Just remember that the stream had to go down after Marvel so that could help explain the lower viewer count. Also Infiltration bodied everyone.

barrbarr

And it was pretty late by the time Street Fighter started.

Yea, I'm here in the UK. I started watching the stream at the start of the day, by the time AE was starting it was about 6 AM or there about. Not really surprising why the numbers went down. Does anyone know how much KoF delayed the last two games?

Edit: Just bought my online ticket! Can't wait to catch some of this live, and the rest on archive.

Just remember that the stream had to go down after Marvel so that could help explain the lower viewer count. Also Infiltration bodied everyone.

And it was pretty late by the time Street Fighter started.

Correct. The stream was down for a couple of minutes and lost a shit load of viewers. Because of that, the hype that was transferring from game to game didn't make it to SF4. I was looking forward to SF4 the most, and even I wasn't feeling it anymore.

It also seemed to be going fast, due to the contrast between best of 3 format compared to the best of 5 Marvel format.

Correct. The stream was down for a couple of minutes and lost a shit load of viewers. Because of that, the hype that was transferring from game to game didn't make it to SF4. I was looking forward to SF4 the most, and even I wasn't feeling it anymore.

It also seemed to be going fast, due to the contrast between best of 3 format compared to the best of 5 Marvel format.

It flew by.

The shame was SF4 on the Friday (semi-finals) was incredible hype, probably the best matches I saw all weekend.

I think every game went over their allotted time in 2012 with KOF finals being 3 hours long. Even if everything goes right this year, AE is still going to start at 10pm EST which might not sound too bad till you remember that top 8 is going to be 3/5 for all matches.

They are smart to do the Capcom special presentation after Marvel finals which will probably have the highest amount of viewers.

Clawww

I think every game went over their allotted time in 2012 with KOF finals being 3 hours long. Even if everything goes right this year, AE is still going to start at 10pm EST which might not sound too bad till you remember that top 8 is going to be 3/5 for all matches.

They are smart to do the Capcom special presentation after Marvel finals which will probably have the highest amount of viewers.

hmm

if the special presentation is actually exciting, it will prolly boost hype and keep people watching

if it's a stinker people may be less inclined to stick around for finals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom