• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2013 Fighting game championship of the World July 12th - 14th

Status
Not open for further replies.

sephi22

In 10 hours I take the flight to Vegas.
Any last minute tips for a first time EVO visitor?

I've checked money and deodorants.

Tik-Tok

It doesn't work that way. And when did I say it was on? I don't want Canadian money. Canadian money is worthless to me. I want that rich Middle Eastern oil money.

WWWWOOOOOOOOOWWWW

So you ARE scared? I thought 100 was pennies to you Miss Warbucks.

@MUWANdo

Banned
Kinda surprised by the number of Japanese players signed up for Injustice... Abegen, Mamespider, a few names I don't recognise, must be 6-8 JP players all up. Think I saw MADKOF on there, too.

El Sloth

Banned
so i just subscribed to twitchtv.com to look at some stuff before evo. Go to an SSBB forum. First thing i see is this:

rambo_allday: xdecker likes to *** his cousin....and hiis mom his sister even his brother

The fighting game community ay?
That sounds like the stream chat you could find for any game on twitch. A little unfair to to the Smash community, don't you think?

so i just subscribed to twitchtv.com to look at some stuff before evo. Go to an SSBB forum. First thing i see is this:

rambo_allday: xdecker likes to *** his cousin....and hiis mom his sister even his brother

That sounds pretty tame.

There was/(is?) a time in which when ricky ortiz played... the stream monsters took filth to a whole new level.

kick51

Banned
I guess you can start to build a Chris G statue then

because he's gonna get mindfucked and lose to his own nerves, got it

wow, you're in for a rough weekend if that was a problem.

Horseress

Just...don't read stream chats man, people are jerks, not just FGC, EVERY stream has this kind of people

Nyoro SF

Have you played any online multiplayer game in the past decade

xdecker really like to fuck, hein? keep your back against the wall, lol.

Horseress

Do we know already if the panels will be streamed like last year? I'm dying to see the Capcom panel's and Combofiend announcing Ultimate Super Street Fighter IV

We'll cop melee for the sake of this weekend, but don't be blaming fighting games for SSBB.

BadWolf

Not completely sure but from their facebook it sounds like CafeID's Lacid couldn't make it.

A pity, he is Korea's second best after MADkof I think.

Is PC the only option in terms of streaming? We'd like to run the streams on a big screen at my friend's house, but his computer is nowhere near the TV.

Wasn't Marvel originally announced as the last game of EVO. Why did they switch back to AE

That was never the case ever since SF4 came to the scene.

Personally I dont mind. They always run late and I don't want to miss Marvel.

Is PC the only option in terms of streaming? We'd like to run the streams on a big screen at my friend's house, but his computer is nowhere near the TV.

If you have an IOS device you can stream to apple TV using the twitch app. Or use HDMI out with the adapter.
Same with android if the device supports HDMI out.

Beckx

I do, didn't think of that. Figured they'd have a dedicated app for EVO. I assume I'll be able to access the subscription content and all from XbL?

If you have a laptop with HDMI out you are better off bringing that over and just connecting it up. Even if you somehow get a quality stream out of the XBL app it won't compare to being able to have multiple pop outs on screen and maximizing different ones as you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom