• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2013 Fighting game championship of the World July 12th - 14th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dahbomb

The only reason I have my doubt on ChrisG is that he is not 100% motivated to win it.

In any case I have to wondee what the choke of the tournament is going to be. Last year was the Viscant Phoenix assist call.

Horseress

The only reason I have my doubt on ChrisG is that he is not 100% motivated to win it.

In any case I have to wondee what the choke of the tournament is going to be. Last year was the Viscant Phoenix assist call.

Chris G raw tag into Doom against F.Champ was way worst

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Yeah. From what several players are saying it seems he's not really into it. That could be his downfall. Between him and Champ, they both have problems. Champ doesn't look so healthy lately. Guy doesn't eat or sleep good the last week or so. Training 24/7 is a good thing but you have to take care of yourself first.

Just wanted to mention that my plane is about to leave for Vegas and hopefully I'll get to see some of you there.

Unless the hotel has free wifi I dont think you'll see me much here until next week.

Chris G raw tag into Doom against F.Champ was way worst
While these were both bad, Viscant's was worse. ChrisG tried to do new tech and failed, and I can respect that. Viscant was just doing a bnb. Plus losing Dark Phoenix is far more depressing than losing a character that has like 20% health left (IIRC).

Just wanted to mention that my plane is about to leave for Vegas and hopefully I'll get to see some of you there.

Unless the hotel has free wifi I dont think you'll see me much here until next week.
Motel 6 has free wifi, and I only paid $50 to stay there. Any hotel that doesn't offer it is pure garbage.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Every GAFer should show up to Smedwicks' pools and charge a spirit bomb before his first match. We must start charging tonight.

Every GAFer should show up to Smedwicks' pools and charge a spirit bomb before his first match. We must start charging tonight.

If my matches with FSLink last night are any indication, y'all should've started charging when CEO ended, lol.

I didn't do *too* bad.

And I really hope my match ends up on stream so y'all can point and laugh at my mid tier team.

Haha, remind me what his pool is and I'll try to

Pool K13, 2 pm on Saturday, good sir.

Shouta

Those are just funny ones. They were meant to be funny. Can't really talk about the others. :)

Uh-huh.

Anyway, don't post pictures of folks without asking them. Even if I'm on stream, doesn't mean you get to post it willy-nilly. You wouldn't want folks to post your picture without permission, right?

Also damn airport internet. At least it's time to board my flight to Vegas.

ak1976

Neo Member
A buddy of mine (Larry) should have a booth at EVO this weekend. Be sure to check it out:
Hungry Human Clothing.

He's been a member of the FGC since the 90's and is a cool cat.

Good luck to everyone!

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Uh-huh.

Anyway, don't post pictures of folks without asking them. Even if I'm on stream, doesn't mean you get to post it willy-nilly. You wouldn't want folks to post your picture without permission, right?

No. Of course not. That's fine by me. Sorry. :p

Beckx

Good luck!

It would be the greatest thing ever if the GAFers in attendence were able to assemble behind Smedwicks and cheer him on and heckle ChrisG. On stream.

What you did by posting Sherry's personal business was pretty low.

I wasn't trying to blow up sherry. I actually like her. Somebody asked about it and I just linked it in email tag. Yeah I made a mistake, i'll own that up. I took it down pretty quick once I realize how stupid it was for me to do it.

People make mistakes.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
All I know is that some many people are angry about the Noel incident with various reasonings. Some are saying he has trashy friends who aren't true friends because they aren't doing anything to help him get out. Others are saying his incident is putting the FGC in a light it shouldn't be in. Etc, etc, etc.

Infinite

Xie uploaded some pre evo persona 4 arena matches with the Japanese players to XiePlus, his channel.

Interviews with the Japanese attendees can be fond there also

RocBase

Yeah. From what several players are saying it seems he's not really into it. That could be his downfall.

Is there a particular story to this? Why would the guy who looks to have the highest chance of taking the biggest Marvel tournament there is not be really into it?

Is there a particular story to this? Why would the guy who looks to have the highest chance of taking the biggest Marvel tournament there is not be really into it?

He sees it that he has nothing to gain. To him if he loses, he gets blown up. If he wins, he was expected to win.

So the risk/reward to him isn't worth it.

If he crashes out of EVO everyone will celebrate and call him a fraud despite how he has done nothing to deserve his hate, if he wins no one will give him the respect he deserves and accuse him of killing UMvC3. He's not FChamp, he obviously doesn't enjoy playing the heel.

Dahbomb

He doesn't like being the heel of the Marvel community.

He is not too fond of the payout of EVO.

He doesn't like people blowing up his losses yet ignoring all his wins because it's "expected".

He feels the game will "die out" if he wins EVO because of his team and playstyle. He thinks people don't like that sort of stuff and it will put off people from the game resulting in less people competing and less money in the pot.

And finally he does not feel having an EVO title is that big of a deal.

in vegas now

saw ketis at the airport catching a taxi

no idea what to do for the rest of the day

Just wander up and down the Strip, check out the major hotel lobbies, etc. There are some pretty amazing sights to see.

If it's too hot out there, maybe check out Hitbox Arcade early?

soakrates

I'll be arriving at my hotel some time around 5:30 today. I am down to hang out, grab food, drinks and whatever, so shoot me a PM if you want. I'll be on the hunt for a casuals room later tonight, most likely.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
It's a shame Chris G thinks that way. People with talent should never take it for granted. Always go for broke. There are people who can never be as good as he is with a lifetime of playing.

It's a shame Chris G thinks that way. People with talent should never take it for granted. Always go for broke. There are people who can never be as good as he is with a lifetime of playing.

Being good in video games is a lot less valuable of a talent than you think......

JeTmAn81

He doesn't like people blowing up his losses yet ignoring all his wins because it's "expected".

He feels the game will "die out" if he wins EVO because of his team and playstyle. He thinks people don't like that sort of stuff and it will put off people from the game resulting in less people competing and less money in the pot.

I can respect this, actually. Chris really doesn't have anything to prove.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I disagree. Video games can help you with perception, reflexes, ability to process information in a fast paced environment and various other things. A lot of people learn many things from video games. Many people admit to learning vocabulary from playing games.

RocBase

If he crashes out of EVO everyone will celebrate and call him a fraud despite how he has done nothing to deserve his hate, if he wins no one will give him the respect he deserves and accuse him of killing UMvC3. He's not FChamp, he obviously doesn't enjoy playing the heel.

He sees it that he has nothing to gain. To him if he loses, he gets blown up. If he wins, he was expected to win.

So the risk/reward to him isn't worth it.

I see. Cheers.

ScOULaris

Wow. This whole Chris G business is a totally cop-out. People expect for him to win? Yeah, thanks to his performance all year. It's what happens when you achieve greatness at something. Slinking away from the biggest chance to cement your dominance is just grossly disappointing, I think.

If he doesn't compete in EVO, whoever wins will have to deal with, "Well, they wouldn't have won if Chris G had been there." That's a bunch of bullshit. He competes in all of these local (national) tournaments and cleans house, but he doesn't want to test his skills in the biggest international tournament around? It's cowardice, plain and simple.

This decision will make him seem like a bigger heel than simply winning (or losing) ever could. What an asshole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom