• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2013 Fighting game championship of the World July 12th - 14th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infinite

Unless you're playing an educational game there is hardly any value that comes from video games. Knowing the term triforce doesn't do shit for you unless you're interviewing with Nintendo.
You essentially side stepped every good point she raised and proceeded to make a strawman. Basically there's a lot of value that comes from playing and she noted all of them

Don't know why everyone makes all this hubbub about ChrisG. There's only one true favourite for Marvel.

DIOSX_june-227x300.jpg

Pelican? Is the faux beef with Champ still going?

Kikujiro

ChrisG is being such a diva, just play the game, you winning is not gonna kill Marvel, because you're not the center of the universe. Daigo got booed because he used Yun, it happens to every player, you're not a special case. It seems like he's already looking for excuses.

brettreyu

ChrisG is being such a diva, just play the game, you winning is not gonna kill Marvel, because you're not the center of the universe. Daigo got booed because he used Yun, it happens to every player, you're not a special case. It seems like he's already looking for excuses.

Its really annoying. "I don't want to play because if I lose or win it sucks for me." Its supposed to be fun.

You essentially side stepped every good point she raised and proceeded to make a strawman. Basically there's a lot of value that comes from playing and she noted all of them

What she referred to are simulators and not "video games". There's a difference between those two. The others are educational which I already agreed to.

El Sloth

Banned
Weeaboos are so 2008. Being a Koreaboo is the new hotness.

Heil Girls Generation. Heil Korean dramas. Heil Korean anime sweatshops.

Praise be to Infiltration

its a shame Morri/Doom gets so much hate just because its based on zoning. Some of the confirms and combos that ChrisG does with Morrigan are truly awesome. The casual mentality still triumphs that a good zoning game is nothing more than "spam" and Morri/Doom gets blasted for this. Meanwhile, look at Marn's team Zero, Vergil, and Strider are all characters that can kill your whole team on 3-6 mix-ups. Talk about a brain dead team (not a knock on Marn he is just playing smart) any one of those characters can get one touch kills on an incoming character (Strider needing a lot more resources than the others).

I really have enjoyed watching ChrisG progress, in all games, and will be disappointed if he doesn't play. However, I will not be disappointed if he loses. The success he has had over the past year has set up an old Lebron like burden where no matter how much success he has, people will rail on him for not winning Evo. Its not really fair either when you are talking about a game which is filled with TOD combos, infinites, unblockables, and often just having to guess which way to block when your character comes in. Also, i will say a lot of the pressure is likely created internally from not accepting defeat and always having an excuse.

I have similar feelings about F.Champ where his past success, and mouth, will leave him being bashed if he does anything but win EVO.

Marvel is just too crazy and random of a game to realistically expect to win with this large of a playing field. That is also why it is my most anticipated finals.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
What she referred to are simulators and not "video games". There's a difference between those two. The others are educational which I already agreed to.

Simulations are considered video games. That's why they are classified as video games. PC have simulations, mobiles have simulations, etc. Are you saying Flight Simulator for PC isn't a video game? Who the hell are you to say it isn't when it's classified by MS and millions of other people that it is? Get out of here with that bs.

Simulations are considered video games. That's why they are classified as video games. PC have simulations, mobiles have simulations, etc. Are you saying Flight Simulator for PC isn't a video game? Who the hell are you to say it isn't when it's classified by MS and millions of other people that it is? Get out of here with that bs.

So you're saying Flight Simulator helps pilots, SimCity helps mayors, The Sims helps people in their daily lives? What you're referring to are the video game simulators that are on the shelf at your local Wal-Mart. I assure you that none of these products are you used to train the likes of the services you previously mentioned. This is my last post about this and I'll "get out of here with that bs".

Yes, tho I admit him beating Infiltration or Daigo is highly unlikely...The chances of Chris G getting top 8 in SF4 are pretty high IMO. Im telling you, Chris G has really become one of the best SF4 players this year in USA. His Sakura super leveled up.

Truth. ChrisG has outperformed Justin at AE majors recently.

If ChrisG doesn't want to be a heel he can stop blaming all his losses on his stick, the monitors, the TOs, the rings of Saturn, and stop using slurs on twitter.

Truth. He really is the Lebron of the FGC. The best and constantly calling for a foul. On Twitter he's post "The Decision" James.

????

Might as well use this combo breaker.

Can someone link me to the Noel Brown incident.

I seen it being mentioned but have no idea what happened.

Noel was arrested in Florida for domestic violence / battery after CEO. Supposedly he caught another player with his girlfriend, punched that player, and when his girlfriend tried to break up the fight she got hit as well (possibly by accident) and then called the cops.

Dahbomb

tumblr_mpncooKlKb1sxf17xo1_400.jpg

In the smoke right above Chris's head at the very top edge of the pic,, there's a very obvious shape of Magneto's iconic helmet.

Don't make me bust out my shitty MS paint skills.

Horseress

tumblr_mpncooKlKb1sxf17xo1_400.jpg

In the smoke right above Chris's head at the very top edge of the pic,, there's a very obvious shape of Magneto's iconic helmet.

Don't make me bust out my shitty MS paint skills.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaybe, but I don't even think Chris G was playing Magneto when that picture came up

Noel was arrested in Florida for domestic violence / battery after CEO. Supposedly he caught another player with his girlfriend, punched that player, and when his girlfriend tried to break up the fight she got hit as well (possibly by accident) and then called the cops.

Holy shit.

Is anyone making sweeping claims of the FGC on this?

Every mayor sports has shitty people, doesn't reflect on the whole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom