• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2015 IOT2I - The GODS have fallen - Final day July 19th

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I am incredibly embarrassed I don't know competitive fighting game terminology.

wut.
It's cool dude, they were just poking fun. Don't think there was any ill intent.

If melee is at Evo next year, they outta put top 8 on Saturday and schedule 3 hours for it

Yes, I am incredibly embarrassed I don't know competitive fighting game terminology.

wut.

There's nothing wrong with being new, your problem is that your throwing out terms without knowledge of what they mean and then trying to be snarky when people correct you. It's all in good fun though.

Dahbomb

wut.
If you don't know the terminology then why did you use it?

In addition, footsies are a fundamental part of every fighting games so if you actually don't like footsies then you shouldn't be watching fighting games to begin with.

Mumei

wut.

Well, you said that you like watching other fighting games when you talked to me earlier, right? Every fighting game (that I'm aware of) features footsies as one of the most fundamental parts of competitive play. And that match in particular featured a lot of high-level footsies. So, saying it was good because it lacked footsies doesn't make much sense.

It's fine to make a mistake or think that a word means something different than it does, but once you've made a mistake there's no reason to keep digging.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom