• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2015 - The Fighting Game Tournament of the Year - July 17-19th

Status
Not open for further replies.
39k for P4U
goodjob.gif

Lulubop

Justin Wong ‏@JWonggg 1 hHace 1 hora Ver traducción
Lost to ChiRithy.. Missed Ultra after EX Messiah God damn

Justin Wong ‏@JWonggg 47 sHace 48 segundos Ver traducción
Sighs.. Hamad got me in losers. GGs to him. Outplayed. I suck in SF. I should rethink everything about my game.

omg

i could cry. we really got nothing

There's a difference between rooting for your countryman and then being unhype for top 8. We all watch foreign tournaments where there isn't a single American, yet they are still hype because of the level of play.
I wouldn't be unhyped but I'd certainly be less hyped with no Americans in top 8. I'm a casual viewer of SF though, first tourney I watched was CEO 2015.

There are plenty of individual sports where people get hyped about players from their country. Tennis, cycling, auto racing, and golf come to mind

Yeah, but what happens here is so weird after so long:

1) It's usually only American players/commentators who stress the "USA vs the World" thing
2) USA vs the World almost always goes TERRIBLY for the USA.

It kinda comes off as kinda adorably misguided at best. Or actually, it's more like:

299649d427cf133f551cc65a840832bd.jpg

With people on that "USA USA" shit as Ginsberg, and almost everyone else at any tourney like Draper.

Fitts

So wait... SF matches are happening off stream? What the fuck?

EDIT: I turned off the main stage stream because I wasn't feeling Persona at all.

ICKE

Banned
So wait... SF matches are happening off stream? What the fuck?

EDIT: I turned off the main stage stream because I wasn't feeling Persona at all.

90% of the matches happen off stream.There is just too much action for one day. What is more annoying is the lack of information available.

Is Bonchan still in the tournament?

some CPM monster probably recorded Daigo vs AiAi, we'll get the match eventually

But please lets keep shitting on other people's games, I'm sure it will end well for the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom