• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2015 - The Fighting Game Tournament of the Year - July 17-19th

Status
Not open for further replies.
The first streamed EVO had JWong switch to the USA themes Balrog character against Daigo in grand finals while the crowd chanted.

If you think no ones cares or it's not entertaining then you're either wrong or ignorant.

Yeah, but what happens here is so weird after so long:

1) It's usually only American players/commentators who stress the "USA vs the World" thing
2) USA vs the World almost always goes TERRIBLY for the USA.

It almost always comes off as kinda adorably misguided. Or actually, it's more like:

299649d427cf133f551cc65a840832bd.jpg

With people on that "USA USA" shit as Ginsberg, and almost everyone else at any tourney like Draper.

Interesting drama you have playing out in your head

..it's actually just people being hype and rooting for their country on their home turf. It's not like quiet politeness is the "correct" way. People will be hype if the matches are hype. Just not quite as hype.

Can we stop with the USA bashing? If people want to root for Americans or don't get as hyped for international players who cares? Just enjoy what you like and don't worry so much about other people's tastes. I'm having a great time watching EVO.

Yeah, but what happens here is so weird after so long:

1) It's usually only American players/commentators who stress the "USA vs the World" thing
2) USA vs the World almost always goes TERRIBLY for the USA.

It kinda comes off as kinda adorably misguided at best. Or actually, it's more like:

299649d427cf133f551cc65a840832bd.jpg

With people on that "USA USA" shit as Ginsberg, and almost everyone else at any tourney like Draper.

It's true. I can't stand the fucking chants and it seriously feels like everyone gets the fuck out when USA isn't in the run anymore. It's annoying.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
it keeps dropping? what

Jett and Capcom-only fighters not knowing what hype is.

Meanwhile DAMN at that Marge comeback. Bye-bye Teddie. Finals will be between (hopefully) the Shota and Velvet Room attendant.

They had 2 streams for all the shit matches. Then when the killers got grouped they went to one. Oh well. Better luck next year.

And does no one know if Strider is still in the mix?

Lulubop

Can we stop with the USA bashing? If people want to root for Americans or don't get as hyped for international players who cares? Just enjoy what you like and don't worry so much about other people's tastes. I'm having a great time watching EVO.

all I root for is US players. Im disappointed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom