• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2015 - The Fighting Game Tournament of the Year - July 17-19th

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinMaruku

lol americans are so behind in sf4. Dieminion said this when he went to France. Rog and Jwong have said this when they went to Japan.

I would be very surprised if an american makes it into top8 in winners
Yup. I will never give a chance to a top that has such a weak base. We need to level up our average players.

Nah, America always does okay. Just never wins. This might be the worst year.
I find this ok too. It shows where the US really is.

Haitani's thoughts must have been something like this "Rufus/Sim is a 6-4 for Rufus, hmm. Fuck that, I'm picking Mak. Lets 8-2 this bitch"
I respect the man. If I have a choice I do that too. I mean in DOA if I'm fighting a Christie Ayane is still a good point but I say fuck it and pick Momiji and watch her side step into Momiji's foot. :p

Yeah, I root for players as well. I find it especially ignorant when people start chanting "USA!" when a local player wins.
I don't see the issue supporting players from your country, it's no different to me than supporting a particular region or state in the local scene. I'll always root for an American player because I feel like I have more in common with them and the fact that we're usually underdogs in anything outside of Marvel.

ICKE

Banned
No it's not, it's about the quality of play not what nationality the players are.

You can say that but there will be absolutely no crowd hype if it's Fuudo, Kazunoko and the others playing a methodical top 8 as Japanese players always do.

What is the point of even tuning in, you can watch the same stuff from Topanga league every other week or month. I am a bit salty but I hope other countries can add some variety and hopefully we will see one American player as well.

crash-14

Kayane ‏@Kayane 6 sHace 7 segundos Ver traducción
Oh non ... @MD_Louffy est out de l'EVO 2015 :'(((( #EVOFR2015 #EVO2K15

salty.gif
salty.gif
salty.gif
salty.gif
salty.gif
salty.gif
salty.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.