• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2015 - The Fighting Game Tournament of the Year - July 17-19th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malleavel

I swear Persia's glasses get larger every time I see her on stream.

What's it mean when announcers say "pressing buttons"? Like, that sounds like a jab at someone, sort of like button masher or something. Or does it mean something like in the context of 'pressing someone's buttons', like annoying them?

"Pressing buttons" means exactly that, just literally pressing buttons on your stick; something you have to do when playing any game. The commentators were trying to understand why he would be getting hit in situations where he shouldn't have been. Either he was attacking (pressing a button) or not blocking at all, both are wrong. Not a jab at the player at all.

rrc1594

Frieza always loses.

11252222_937784149594696_816968959_n.jpg

What's it mean when announcers say "pressing buttons"? Like, that sounds like a jab at someone, sort of like button masher or something. Or does it mean something like in the context of 'pressing someone's buttons', like annoying them?

It could mean a lot of things depending on context. Could mean hitting a button when the opponent doesn't expect you to, or continually hitting buttons so there's no gap in your offense.

NotLiquid

This campy sonic is the worst. Like, I'm getting pissed off watching so I can't even imagine how annoying it would be to play this scrub.

Playing Sonic is equal parts being incredibly patient and incredibly aggressive. Manny has the former but none of the latter unless he's using the HSD.

Sigh, why did 6WX have to be knocked out so early. He makes Sonic so interesting :(

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Just did that and it's glorious:

Really recommend it to anyone who's looking for a ps4/pc/ps3 combo arcade stick. But the prices are rising already, so don't wait to long for it.

What price is that in FREEDOM money?

It's kind of sad that Smash 4 tends to get less interesting as the bracket goes on because the play styles that lead to victory tend to be really uninteresting to watch. I never want to watch another Sonic in Smash Bros., please knock this fool out.

Can't wait for eSam and more Larry Lurr to save this :_L

Gsnap

what an absurd tournament. people cheering for timeouts because of campers attempting to get timeouts. it's hilarious.

emb

As frustrating as these timeout matches can be to watch (mostly for how it influences people's view of the game), they also get super exciting during the last minute. It's crazy how delicate a small percent lead can be.

Reminds me of that time an Hbox Armada game went to time with a 1% difference last second. Watching that kind of thing live is kind of amazing, though I'd never go back and watch it again.

Owensboro

did anyone ever make one of those links where it puts all the streams on one page, and you can watch them all at once? I didn't see that in the OP this year.

FOW is pretty lucky StaticManny took out Dabuz for him, because that matchup would've sucked for him

anyway hope StaticManny and ResidentSleeper Villager get eliminated soon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom