• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2015 - The Fighting Game Tournament of the Year - July 17-19th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Red Bull salty suites tonight. Should be really entertaining.

Sp00ky and Persia would make a great couple. I said it.

I think they said they might have something to announce for Gamescom.

They did. They said they have news for both EVO and Gamescom. EVO news was Shadow Jago is a real boy and merchandise. KI has been very successful with millions of downloads and KLobb said it has been the number one most dloaded game on XBO basically since launch. So Id imagine they would want to continue that into Season 3.

Plus with the PC release the community will grow even more so might as well give them even more incentive to buy it with S3 growing cast.

So regarding Smash 4, I heard from everyone before Evo saying this was the only year that they were going to allow customs. But I really didn't get the vibe that there was any reason for them to NOT be allowed this year now that the tourney came and went.

What's the consensus regarding custom moves for Smash 4? Are they/should they stay?

KAOS

Congrats to Rico!!! Enjoyed the entertaining KI Finals! Can't wait for the yt vids. For the person who was asking I believe Rico is Puerto Rican btw!

So does anyone know what the current narrative on customs for Smash 4 is now that its EVO tournament is over? My local tournaments, which were previously customs, are now banning them post-EVO and I feel like I'm missing part of the story.

Obligatory KI Finals was hype as hell.

So regarding Smash 4, I heard from everyone before Evo saying this was the only year that they were going to allow customs. But I really didn't get the vibe that there was any reason for them to NOT be allowed this year now that the tourney came and went.

What's the consensus regarding custom moves for Smash 4? Are they/should they stay?

The big issues with custom moves going forward are

1) They're hard to unlock meaning they're hard for people to practice against

2) The DLC characters don't have them giving them less options

3) They take longer to set up because of the way Smash WiiU handles them making the play time last longer see Smash WiiU getting a double block for it's finals (that it didn't need but that's a separate discussion)

At the end of the day they made more characters viable and helped the actual matches go faster so they should stay IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom