• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Evolution 2016 IOT2I Final day Final game - SFV Top 8 live on ESPN2

No James

Daigo about to call emergency top Japanese player meeting.

Daigo: We had one fucking job, get Tokido to Top 8 so he could stop Infiltration. You think I wanted to lose? Of course not but I did so Tokido could advance. But you(Yukadon) and you(Eita) just had to fuck things up.

Primus

Great EVO all around, all of the finals were pretty fantastic from my viewpoint.

Had fun in the GAF Twitch chat with the other folks there (I was Siderealist), even if I was time travelling and ahead of most everyone due to watching the JP stream on TopangaTV. Lot of fun.

That ESPN coverage was so good. Still can't believe I just watched this on TV, haha. Amazing top 8, and congrats to Infiltration! Kind've wished they had shown the others getting their awards too though.

elfinke

"I figured you out"

He downloaded his file. He knows his game.

"Download Complete" is when someone completely analyzes someone's play-style/strategy & counters their every move, trick, & gimmick. Basically, if you used tricks that worked before on someone won't work anymore once said person "downloads" you.

he owns him completely, file on his hard drive, every bit known, nothing fuudo can do that he won't have an answer for

it's a way of saying total domination

Thanks! I thought it may have been that literal, but wasn't sure I had missed missed something else, given Gootecks (and everyone else) reactions!

Seth just explained it bro.

When you "download" your opponent it means you found out their strategy during the set and can now predict their moves.

No ESPN2 here in the office in Australia :( Busy 'at work' streaming on twitch instead!

Neoxon

don't worry. Capcom will just reveal it in some random tourney instead.
Again, what could they have shown? We already know the ins-&-outs of Juri & Urien thanks to the Cinematic Story Mode & PC modders. Hell, the one surprise they could have had with Urien (him burning off his clothes via his Critical Art) was already spoiled by dataminers.

It was amazing on ESPN. I really really hope that it did good enough so that ESPN will decide to bring it back next year. I hope it did good enough that they'll decide to broadcast Capcom Cup as well later this year.

Top Bottom