• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F1 2016 |OT| Daniil Kvyat Simulator

legbone

Really want to jump in but I also want to wait for any pad player tweaks they come out with first.

it's really not that bad. i play with a pad, and while it is not perfect (see my remarks above about the weird hesitation) it is totally playable and a hell of a lot of fun. i wouldn't let that stop me from getting the game if you are an f1 fan. and just think, you could be having fun like the rest of us and then when they fix it (if they do) it will be even better. my times are shit because i'm not really that good at the game but to give you an idea, i'm running around 1:34 on melbourne in a pos renault, which is two seconds off of pole position (remember, i'm shit). you just have to remember to make very subtle moves with it. it's kind of like dirt rally in that regard.

edit: holy shit. i really do suck at this game. i just noticed some of the melbourne times above me in a renault. i'm going to go hang my head in shame now. do i even deserve to play the game?

Staab

I was all pumped up and started in Expert but I couldn't even get within 1sec of the asked qualifying pace ;_;
On hard now and it seems a lot easier, will see how the first race goes, lol.
I'd love to do a MP championship tonight if anyone is up (on PC) !

edit: holy shit. i really do suck at this game. i just noticed some of the melbourne times above me in a renault. i'm going to go hang my head in shame now. do i even deserve to play the game?

Don't worry about it. Melbourne just happens to be my favorite track that I know better than my way to work. lol
Finished my first race ove 50% distance 10th on Expert in that Renault lemon and even that was with a lot of luck because Kimi and Rosberg were out of the race.
Sepang for example is a complete shitshow and I'll be lucky not finishing last.

Putty

I've settled on Hard. Have full practice and quali times. FP1 and 2 done, now onto FP3 before qualifying...

DD

That feel when you have the game but can't play it yet, while everybody is having fun with it. :c

Is it just me or has everyone always hated Sepang and Shanghai?
I usually hate Austin and Monaco. My last F1 game was the 2013 iteration, so I don't know the recently added tracks like Mexico and Sochi, for example, to have an opinion about them.

Embraze

Neo Member
I was all pumped up and started in Expert but I couldn't even get within 1sec of the asked qualifying pace ;_;
On hard now and it seems a lot easier, will see how the first race goes, lol.
I'd love to do a MP championship tonight if anyone is up (on PC) !

I have this same problem too, I'm playing on expert but I'm having a real hard time beating the times required for the qualifying run and the tire wear run in free practice but I have no problem qualifying well above what they want.

My last F1 game was 2012 from a steam sale. I got this one for free. And oh boy how hard this is even with full assist... Maybe hundreds hours of Driveclub and Forza Horizon have made me into a scrub.

Hasney

So because I never had a wheel for the older ones, I've locked in the difficulty wrong. Had a quick race, thought medium was fine as i finished 17th in a manor and went into career.

Qualified pole and won the race in Australia. Whoops.

Love the practice goals though. Feel like I'm learning to look after the tyres and all that.

Nyx

Started on medium driver AI as I'm new to the series, but I was competing with Räikkönen for winning the Bahrein GP in a Renault.

So decided to set it to Hard and now I'm seconds off number 21 in qualifying lol.

Should probably stop playing for now anyway, spent a lot of time racing today. :)

Risgroo

So because I never had a wheel for the older ones, I've locked in the difficulty wrong. Had a quick race, thought medium was fine as i finished 17th in a manor and went into career.

Qualified pole and won the race in Australia. Whoops.

Love the practice goals though. Feel like I'm learning to look after the tyres and all that.

You can change the difficulty between race weekends.

mxgt

Banned
Finished 3rd as Manor in Bahrain, on Hard. I heard somebody here say that the AI wasn't that good on Bahrain? It was strangely easy, I even overtook Hamilton and Vettel.

Yeah Bahrain AI are really slow. Won the race by a huge distance as Renault on Hard.

FuturusX

I've got a DFGT, posting impressions in a few hours.

Why thank you sir. Look forward to it. I have a pristine wheel, that I bought for GT on PS3 but never really used and if support is good, I'll get this on PC.

My rig is a hackintosh ( 3770K 32GB 980Ti ), so just trying to figure out if I can be arsed to throw windows on and get a Steam account.

Jibbed

Also, Sepang is dope. China is ok, probably one of the worst tracks.

Tempted to rank the circuits now but that's a rabbit hole I don't think anyone wants to go down.

Spa = G.O.A.T.

Hasney

You can change the difficulty between race weekends.

I actually can't due to a weird bug on PC. The game locks up when loading those menus and I have to hit B to skip it and advance, but I can't change any of the settings.

Anyone else getting that? So annoying.

sam777

There is a couple of really shitty corners in Bahrain. Mainly the long breaking hairpin style corner right before the DRS zone.

Embraze

Neo Member
I actually can't due to a weird bug on PC. The game locks up when loading those menus and I have to hit B to skip it and advance, but I can't change any of the settings.

Anyone else getting that? So annoying.

If you change the vsync interval to 2 in the graphics options that will fix it.

Zaru

That Bahrain AI drop is real. Went from barely making P16 in Australia to winning the race and lapping my teammate in the second race.

dakun

i love the game but have a huge issue with the AI difference between Expert and Legend. I'm driving a McLaren and i'm easily among the top 3 in pace on Expert, change to Legend and I'm a backmarker.
I don't feel like i can make up the 1-2 seconds i would need to make things perfect..

They need an AI slider BAD.. the career only works if you are at exactly the 5-6 skill levels they chose. Otherwise the experience of having a realistic career just doesn't work. The difference between the upper skill levels is just too high.

Top Bottom