• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

F1 2016 |OT| Daniil Kvyat Simulator

Ryne

Agree with all the pad comments. It's really tough with a pad this year. I went ahead and tweaked a few of the settings in the xml files to see if it helps.

Oddly I am doing better without the assists than I am with assists.

Damn. Codemasters, your had one job! Make this terrible for one more year so I could jump in with the big car overhaul in 2017 and not feel like I missed anything. But noooo, had to go and make something decent this year, didn't you?

Oh fine. You're lucky FFXV got delayed so I need an extra month to kill this fall. Let's see how absurdly fast I can make the cars go at the end of this generation of relatively low downforce.

Megasoum

Banned
I just noticed the biggest improvement in F1 2016.... Codemasters FINALLY fixed the 9 years old bug that was present on every single Codemasters game since Dirt 1... You can now Alt-Tab the PC game properly without it switching to windowed mode!

Holy shit! This has bugged me on every single release in the last decade haha

Also, I just qualified 1st and won the Bahrein GP with my Sauber...I guess it's time for me to increased the difficulty setting lol. Oh and believe me, driving a Sauber and seeing two Mercedes cars in your mirrors is fucking terrifying!

Staab

Has anyone got any wheel settings for the pc as my friend has asked. He's having difficulty turning far enough in corners. As for me on pad I'm now finding it twitchy :(
You have to play with the steering sensitivity and the windows settings to reduce the rotation angle from 900 or whatever down to about 200-250

Putty

Attention to detail is nuts! I'm loving the business of the pit lane...so many people/objects etc etc...Safety car at the end....Also crew members hanging over the track with the timing boards that if you look closely (while in the pits) the names on the board are actually correct with the current standings! I'll have to keep an eye out to see if you see them while actually driving past the pits....The flags seems to be very well implemented ad react very quickly to incidents etc etc...Honestly there's so much to praise here...

I'm still playing around with settings/assists/difficulty/ before i settle on something i'm happy with before i venture in to a full career/championship.

Staab

I caved in...
Anyone wanna do an online championship with Hard AI and 50% races (short practice) ? :p
(PC of course!)

Randdalf

Alright I got this after the good reaction. First time since F1 2011, but it was F1 2010 I played a lot more (53 hours according to Steam). I've also been pining for a game with time trials and split timers after watching the Olympics. If only Bradley Wiggins Cycling 2017 was a game...
laugh.gif

Sini

I just noticed the biggest improvement in F1 2016.... Codemasters FINALLY fixed the 9 years old bug that was present on every single Codemasters game since Dirt 1... You can now Alt-Tab the PC game properly without it switching to windowed mode!

WOW!
Finally

sam777

Improved in practice 3 in Australia with a 1.30.00 on the SS in a Renault. I still need to take another second off that however.

Well I caved and I'm liking what I see so far.

However there's one thing that's annoying me, I'm using an Xbox One controller on the PC version and it seems like the car wheels are not centering when I let go off the steering thumbstick upon exiting a corner, is there a setting somewhere that I'm missing because it's making travelling in a straight line very difficult.

Lach

Yep. Best improvement ever. They still loose wheel force feedback when switching out of, and back into the game.

frontieruk

However there's one thing that's annoying me, I'm using an Xbox One controller on the PC version and it seems like the car wheels are not centering when I let go off the steering thumbstick upon exiting a corner, is there a setting somewhere that I'm missing because it's making travelling in a straight line very difficult.

Ease off the throttle then back on, the tyres (mostly the softs i noticed) don't hold traction on the front very well as you come out of corners thus all the comments about tank slappers)

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Wait? This is actually good this year?

Oh. Does it still work with the ancient DFGT? If so I may have to get this for the first time in years. Hello to F1 GAF! I wonder if any of the rest of them who went to the F1 2011 media event and the old league we had are still around.

Loving this. Have F1 2010 to 2015 (skipped on 2014 for some reason) and feel it's the best by far.
Not finding an issue with 360 controller at all.

Risgroo

It's still so weird to play with a controller after using a wheel since 2010, but I'm getting better.
Still had to swallow my pride and turn the difficulty down a notch.
Wait? This is actually good this year?

Oh. Does it still work with the ancient DFGT? If so I may have to get this for the first time in years. Hello to F1 GAF! I wonder if any of the rest of them who went to the F1 2011 media event and the old league we had are still around.

http://blog.codemasters.com/f1/08/f1-2016-supported-wheels/
Seems like it :)

Risgroo

A great little detail I noticed: there's a noticeable drop in radio quality if your engineer talks to you while you're in the Monaco tunnel.

Aiii

So not worth it
Only 1 second off of my teammate after three hours of practicing, they have definitely stepped up their sim game this time. Really struggling to find the exact breaking point and turn in moment. Love it.

Improved in practice 3 in Australia with a 1.30.00 on the SS in a Renault. I still need to take another second off that however.

What's your setup?
My best Renault lap is a 1:28.9 bur I am in the mid 1:29s most of the time consistently and matching my deltas lap after lap. There is not a lot I can do to improve that time with the setup I am using.

I am using this setup btw:

http://f1carsetup.com/index.php?/topic/98147-australian-gran-prix-dry/&do=findComment&comment=107581

Par Score

Also, I just qualified 1st and won the Bahrein GP with my Sauber...I guess it's time for me to increased the difficulty setting lol. Oh and believe me, driving a Sauber and seeing two Mercedes cars in your mirrors is fucking terrifying!

I think there's something about Bahrain that makes the AI really suck there maybe?

I started playing on Hard (I'd heard Medium was way to easy) and a few assists on with Torro Rosso, and while Melbourne and Shanghai were challenging and I finished 5th/6th (still better than expected) in Bahrain I won by almost 10 seconds.

Some settings were posted earlier in the thread that will help with this, you need to massively increase the deadzone and linearity.

sam777

What's your setup?
My best Renault lap is a 1:28.9 bur I am in the mid 1:29s most of the time consistently and matching my deltas lap after lap. There is not a lot I can do to improve that time with the setup I am using.

I am using this setup btw:

http://f1carsetup.com/index.php?/topic/98147-australian-gran-prix-dry/&do=findComment&comment=107581

I was using the setup a few below that from the guy using a Renault, I will test out the other setups in a bit.

Ruruja

lol I hadn't noticed yet, but yeah that was infuriating!

Anyone know where this can be bought cheaply? For PC, obv.

I got it off Green Man Gaming for £29.99 (you have to be a signed-in user to get that price), it was cheaper on CD Keys at £26.99 but the price has gone up to 29.99 now so might as well use the slightly safer option.

Randdalf

I started my career at Manor Racing, with Rio as my team mate. Set it to hard mode, since I remember medium being really easy in 2010. Finished 14th in the race overall (25% laps), but in P2 I apparently set a time that was good enough to qualify 7th. I forgot how exhilarating it is to be in the middle of a flying lap, and then the sort of focused daze you get into during a race going round and round.

Anyone on PC getting no options on the setup screen before a session? I can continue to the game by pressing A but I can't set up the number of laps in quick race, for example.

Apart from that, it looks amazing. Best looking F1 game by a long way. And it runs great, too, averaging 42fps in ultra-high at 1080p on an R9 290.

But this menu bug is annoying.

Zaru

How well does tyre strategy come in to play on a 25% race? At the moment I have the game on 50%.

Does someone have actual info on how race length affects AI lap times, pit stops etc.?

Because I can't imagine anyone driving out an entire extra pitstop worth of time in these short stints.

Ruruja

So unless I'm blind the Vote to skip track option is only on consoles, can't see it on my screen and I heard another person in the lobby say the same.

Randdalf

Finished 3rd as Manor in Bahrain, on Hard. I heard somebody here say that the AI wasn't that good on Bahrain? It was strangely easy, I even overtook Hamilton and Vettel.

legbone

Wow, I am really impressed with codemasters' game this year. So good. One problem I have noticed that has been mentioned before is the steering issue. When you go from lock to lock there is that little hitch right at the middle. It's weird but it hasn't affected me too much.

I'm running on medium difficulty on my first race in the career and I just got 9th place in p2 with a renault. think i might need to up the difficulty a little. anyone know if you can do so mid-career? i tried to but it's greyed out. i wonder if you can between race weekends. if not, i need to start over.

i am loving the training program things (track acclimatization or whatever it's called, tire wear programme, etc). it makes practice sessions interesting.

there is one thing that happened that totally pissed me off. i'm just minding my own business in p1, getting used to the handling etc when all of a sudden here comes alonso hauling ass. i moved over to let him by and the dumbass just plows into me. i had to double check to make sure it wasn't kvyat or hell, i thought maldonado may have made his triumphant return. then i get notified that i get a ten place grid penalty for hitting alonso. i see they have also simulated the f1 politics as well.

Zaru

I'm running on medium difficulty on my first race in the career and I just got 9th place in p2 with a renault. think i might need to up the difficulty a little. anyone know if you can do so mid-career? i tried to but it's greyed out. i wonder if you can between race weekends. if not, i need to start over.

I qualified p10 and barely managed to beat my Renault teammate at p16 in the race, thanks to the tyre strategy. So try the race first.

Par Score

I'm running on medium difficulty on my first race in the career and I just got 9th place in p2 with a renault. think i might need to up the difficulty a little. anyone know if you can do so mid-career? i tried to but it's greyed out. i wonder if you can between race weekends. if not, i need to start over..

You can change the difficulty before every race weekend.

Medium was noted as being pretty easy this year in all the reviews I read, so I started on Hard. After a couple of races I'm now up to one above Hard (Expert? I think.) and that seems to be about right.

legbone

Thanks for the responses. i will wait and see how i do in the race.

I'm also wondering if I should save my resource points until i get offered another ride (i'm trying to start with renault and work my way up to ferrari in my career). do they carry over to the next team, that is am i better off holding onto them until i get with the team i want? i have a bad habit of having skill point indecision in rpgs and such and it has carried over to my new f1 rpg it seems. I say that because this game is the closest i've seen to an f1 rpg. this really is the best f1 game i've played since 13 and the old f1ce on ps3. if this game had the classic circuits (would love to have the old hockenheim for example) and cars like 13 it would probably be the best one i have played. keep in mind i don't have a pc capable of playing the pc f1 games that i hear so much about. if codies keeps the license maybe we will get the classic stuff in next year's title.

Top Bottom