• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 2.0: The Return of the Thirst

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, me too. It does help to share it though, after a while those feelings start doing serious harm. I'm serious, if you ever want to talk about it shoot me a message.

I will, sestra. <3

Jake, that's awful :(

I lost my maternal granddad to cancer, probably over 10 years ago now. I can't imagine how much worse it would be for someone closer.

*lots of internet hugs*

Yeah, with my grandparents it was different. I mean we just got a call and that was pretty much it. I cried of course. But it was much easier for me to deal with and accept. Even though I was only 11 when my grandfather died.

But with my mom, I actually saw it happen first hand. I was in the room holding her hand while it happened. And I was only 22 at the time. 11 years older but everything else was so much worse. Scary fucking shit. If I did get something positive out of it, it was that it really helped to grow and strengthen me as a person. But it was (and still is to a certain extent) the absolute worst emotional pain I've ever experienced in my entire life. And I think it always will be.

MutFox

Banned
Yeah, with my grandparents it was different. I mean we just got a call and that was pretty much it. I cried of course. But it was much easier for me to deal with and accept. Even though I was only 11 when my grandfather died.

But with my mom, I actually saw it happen first hand. I was in the room holding her hand while it happened. And I was only 22 at the time. 11 years older but everything else was so much worse. Scary fucking shit. If I did get something positive out of it, it was that it really helped to grow and strengthen me as a person. But it was (and still is to a certain extent) the absolute worst emotional pain I've ever experienced in my entire life. And I think it always will be.

:( So sorry dude...
Hugs from Western Canada...

I actually lost my Grandma the other day,
happened on my birthday too... (May 29th)

I haven't told many people,
cause well, I don't know... :/
I've actually been pretty depressed about it.

zeemumu

I'm so sorry, Man, I had no idea that cancer had affected you so much. We'll you've got us if you need to talk.

This whole day has been a rush, but it ended with me feeling weird, like I just now figured out that I can make my own decisions. That said. I'd like to change major. As of now I am a CS major. My first choice was mechanical engineering but at my college it's impacted all day errday, but my second choice was a bio major. I like to help people so it might actually be good for me. I'd also like to stop being so...eh. But to do that I have to get out of the house more often.

AcridMeat

Banned
Was just out kicking my new ball around, what a humbling experience. Awful, sore, humbled. I haven't played soccer/football at all in about 7 years and most of it feels foreign now. So sad.

AcridMeat

Banned
WARNING

Bummer post incoming.

I contributed to the cancer stories thread.

Figured y'all could read it if you want because I've never told anyone here about it. Not even Em knows because I'm weird and don't really like talking and venting about personal stuff. Unless it's sex.

And uh, sorry for never telling you, Em. But the opportunity never really presented itself, and I don't like thinking about it if I can help it.
Posted there, but in retrospect it's not really helpful.

AcridMeat

Banned
Greece has a very boring style and the red card makes them even more boring. Japan aren't effective enough to take advantage.

Just like that they have a golden chance and blow it.

Fun fact, the worn out shirt I'm currently wearing has holes positioned almost perfectly over my nipples.

So I'll make a really handsome one and name him after you.

humping-intensifies-gif.gif

Wazzy

Banned
Lame Japan never capitlized but they still have a chance to progress even if it's very small.

Now for the big games tomorrow! France vs Switzerland and Italy vs Costa Rica.

You're going down Smiley.

MutFox

Banned
I like both France and Switzerland...
Though I think I'll side with France for this one... ;P

Especially since they used to have one of my fave players, Zidane.

Wazzy

Banned
Saw Shatter OST brought up a couple pages ago. Kinetic Harvest is my favourite track from the OST. So gud.

I like both France and Switzerland...
Though I think I'll side with France for this one... ;P

Especially since they used to have one of my fave players, Zidane.

Very good choice.

Windam

Scaley member
Can't be all that bad, Windy. Tomorrow is Friday!!

Failed a calculus test, did (probably) bad on my biology final, and nothing good on Steam. Friday be damned, my weekend is right ruined unless I find someone willing to take me out for cake and Belgian waffles and a shitload of sugar to fill this void in my heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom