• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 3.0: The Thirsty Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Shitwell imo.

Hardwell is ok. Not the best, but his live sets are usually amazing.

Still, my biggest shock with a live DJ was David Guetta. You expect him to be all about his brand of hyper commercial poppy EDM, but his sessions are raw as fux. Fat Boy Slim is also INCREDIBLE live.

28VbhVk.jpg

Wild fucking concert.

AcridMeat

Banned
I guess difference in opinion, I thought his ultra set sucked donkey balls and couldn't sit through all of it. :/ I don't really gel with modern festival house DJs though, every song is them raising their hands around for a few minutes while you hear a single bass get faster until it goes silent and you hear some guy talk about how it's our night and you can't keep us down. I really don't like it.

I thought Gaia's set at ultra was awesome.
Lately? Ummm I enjoyed Jeff and Dan's despair at Akiba's Trip. The Gamescom commentary video is fun just for their Phantom Pain reactions. Oh, and Dan and Drew played The Adventures of Cookie and Cream, which was a lot of fun.

Giant Bomb is in a good space right now. The P.T. video was a lot of scary-ass fun, totally.
Cool, I'll check those out, I caught the gamescom stream live. That metal gear box video was really something haha.

And how have you, the hot/coldman been?

I agree GB is in a good spot. As naive and ignorant as Dan can be, and really incredibly so, he's been a good fit because he takes it all in stride and has entertaining stories to tell.

I really miss Vinny on the podcast though.

Style

Banned
Hardwell is ok. Not the best, but his live sets are usually amazing.

Still, my biggest shock with a live DJ was David Guetta. You expect him to be all about his brand of hyper commercial poppy EDM, but his sessions are raw as fux. Fat Boy Slim is also INCREDIBLE live.

28VbhVk.jpg

Wild fucking concert.

But does he throw cakes at his audience?

Cool, I'll check those out, I caught the gamescom stream live. That metal gear box video was really something haha.

And how have you, the hot/coldman been?

I'm well thanks! Looking forward to next month when I get back to university and I'm not just fucking around on GAF for most of the day (well, at least that won't be the ONLY thing I'm doing).

Currently deciding if I hate myself enough to watch SummerSlam. Early signs point to: gawd no

AcridMeat

Banned
I'm well thanks! Looking forward to next month when I get back to university and I'm not just fucking around on GAF for most of the day (well, at least that won't be the ONLY thing I'm doing).

Currently deciding if I hate myself enough to watch SummerSlam. Early signs point to: gawd no
Good to hear man, but yeah don't watch Summer Slam what's wrong with you. Don't get sucked into the madness. I used to watch some wrestling here and there in elementary (pimary) and middle school, and had a ton of friends who did so I'm pretty familiar with 90's and early 00's wrestlers. Don't do it.

Don't.

(you should do it)

I watched Wrestlemania this year and liked it, and then watched Raw for a month and magically I stopped watching one day, I wonder what happened

Turin

Banned
But P.T.

Survival horror trumps all.

I'll definitely check it out when it releases on blu-ray.

I actually do like Angelina and think she's a fairly good actress. It's just that she seems to enjoy starring in bad movies for the most part which is why I was wary.

Have you seen Changeling? One movie where Angelina got to show her talent and it was a good movie. John Malkovich is in it too but he makes no attempt to take any of her spotlight.

I'm thinking Silent Hills might have potential g.o.a.t-ness. Hideo Kojima doing something not-MGS has me excited and with the aid of Guillermo Del Toro no less.

Katy Perry actually being in the male top 40.

Her breasts their power.

Would be neat if they could do a similar study for listening habits based on sexual orientation. But that would be far more complicated.

Have you seen Changeling? One movie where Angelina got to show her talent and it was a good movie. John Malkovich is in it too but he makes no attempt to take any of her spotlight.

I haven't. But I'll give it a watch soon.

Jake, did you ever check this out?

I'm considering it.

ku-xlarge.jpg

Nope.

-adds to list-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom