• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 3.0: The Thirsty Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kater

Banned
Off to make dinner

0TLp5x1.gif

I literally just had Pizza.

Makes me sick, ew. :(

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Say what you want about Swizzy, but she's rocking THE FUCK OUT of her new beatnik look.

iqrhqihbdjnIB.gif

I'm also totally perched for her new album. Shake it Off didn't click at first, but now I'm actually enjoying a lot.

zeemumu

It's like a woman can't express her bitterness, regret, and sorrow over old relationships without being seen as a vindictive and whiny bitch. And it ain't cute.

And thank fuck Ellie dumped that ginger English troll.

Well I mean, what else is new?

But they aren't old relationships. They don't draw attention when they're old, but going through several celebrity relationships with each one being followed by a break up song attracts attention. That's not even specific to her. Wrecking Ball did it too.

I guess it's because we KNOW who those songs are about most of the time instead of it being ambiguous.

Kater

Banned
What's her best song not related to love and is up-beat?
Want to give her a second try but don't know which song to listen to.

I guess it's because we KNOW who those songs are about most of the time instead of it being ambiguous.

The media does love to play that angle about her constantly and I can understand how that can paint people's views.

It's why I try to avoid as much of the gossipy bullshit as possible and focus solely on the music. This doesn't just go for T-Swizz but for any music artist tbh.

But they aren't old relationships. They don't draw attention when they're old, but going through several celebrity relationships with each one being followed by a break up song attracts attention. That's not even specific to her. Wrecking Ball did it too.

Why should the freshness of the relationship matter? The event happens, she vents about it through music, and then records it for the album.

Ed Sheeran just released a song called Don't, and it's about a relationship that happened about a year ago. Everyone knows who it's about, too, but no one is giving him shit about it?

People like singling Taylor out because of the demographic she's pandering too. "Lol these songs are for pre-teen girls and she's just being emotional and whiny about it."

Oh and for the record, she has plenty of songs that aren't about failed romances or lack thereof, people are just too wrapped in their silly preconceived notions to actually do research.

zeemumu

Why should the freshness of the relationship matter? The event happens, she vents about it through music, and then records it for the album.

Ed Sheeran just released a song called Don't, and it's about a relationship that happened about a year ago. Everyone knows who it's about, too, but no one is giving him shit about it?

People like singling Taylor out because of the demographic she's pandering too. "Lol these songs are for pre-teen girls and she's just being emotional and whiny about it."

Oh and for the record, she has plenty of songs that aren't about failed romances or lack thereof, people are just too wrapped in their silly preconceived notions to actually do research.

I know she has plenty of other songs. I think it's less about the demographic and more about the relationships themselves. The main ones are celebrity relationships. The media's going to treat every break up song after one of those relationships as throwing shade at that particular celebrity. And when you make a break up song specific, it seems more bitter than an ambiguous one, which makes little sense but it does for some reason.

Now sis, he didn't ask for her worst songs.

Adios.

I know she has plenty of other songs. I think it's less about the demographic and more about the relationships themselves. The main ones are celebrity relationships. The media's going to treat every break up song after one of those relationships as throwing shade at that particular celebrity. And when you make a break up song specific, it seems more bitter than an ambiguous one, which makes little sense but it does for some reason.

Well then this is the media's problem and not Taylor's.

The only song in which she's actually mentioned a celeb by name is Dear John. The rest is all speculation; to my knowledge, she has never specifically said "this song is about _____". It's the media making assumptions and attempting to fill in blanks. Unless you count that insuination at the VMAs last year.

Also, on another note, who cares? Just let her do her own thing.

Alors On Danse (Ft. Kanye West & Gilbere Forte)

Adios.

Well then this is the media's problem and not Taylor's.

The only song in which she's actually mentioned a celeb by name is Dear John. The rest is all speculation; to my knowledge, she has never specifically said "this song is about _____". It's the media making assumptions and attempting to fill in blanks. Unless you count that insuination at the VMAs last year.

And Dear John is close to being her best song anyway so...

And I just noticed you didn't include Dear John on her best songs list. I am fuming.

zeemumu

I don't care all that much. I'm just stubborn. And on that note.
f9DAvEW.gif

You did not just have an hour long argument about Taylor Swift. The previous posts and GIFs relating to Taylor Swift above are of no importance to you. You will now go on to discuss Game of Thrones.

zeemumu

Update 2: Dust has cleared. We're talking again! Long story short: we both were keeping things from each other, which led to unpleasantness. But I'm just happy I haven't lost my friend.

Just don't press the issue for the time being. Show that you can still be friends without awkwardness. I will mention that seeing a friend that you had feelings for go out with someone else hurts. Bad. Please be prepared for that.

This exact problem was a huge contributor to my depression.

Clydefrog

Just don't press the issue for the time being. Show that you can still be friends without awkwardness. I will mention that seeing a friend that you had feelings for go out with someone else hurts. Bad. Please be prepared for that.

This exact problem was a huge contributor to my depression.

Oh I know. We're already talking right now via messenger, and I'm gonna concentrate on video games or work to fill that hole.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I didn't lie.

And you'll add my name to your long list of traitors who don't understand
And I'll look back in regret how I ignored when they said
Run as fast as you can

and

All the girls that you've run dry have tired lifeless eyes
Cause you've burned them out
But I took your matches
Before fire could catch me
So don’t look now
I’m shining like fireworks
Over your sad, empty town

Say you lied and goodbye.

Damn right they are.

I couldn't go to the Love Parade (biggest regret of my teens), but summer of 98 I was raving my tits off in the Czech Republic's dankest clubs and the scene was simply insane.

Filthy eurotrash techno is best techno. Specially when you are a horny teenager blitzed to all hell.

Mr. X & Mr. Y - New World Order
Westbam Hard Times
Members of Mayday - 10 in 01

Lord, I am getting my life.

Turin

Banned
I think it'd be hypocritical of me to criticize an artist for expressing what has given them angst. A person has to go with what's cathartic for them otherwise the music will be empty.

well my friend who was apparently leading me on found someone else

it wouldn't hurt so bad if she didn't apologize to me after she broke it to me

i told her i didn't know what made me angrier: her breaking my heart or her apologizing for it. this all happened while i was at work, so i couldn't just punch a wall or something.

when i got home i sent her a message asking if she wanted to talk since i calmed down, but she fell asleep. oh boy...

I hope you feel better man. :(

Those GoT macros just slain me.

They're pretty amazing. =D

): ...... O: ...... D:

Definitely yay.

ifN0XE5TEJY16.gif

I want to pet that so bad. O.O

And it isn't with everyone else?

The reason it seems so direct is because people focus in on it with her. They do this because the majority of her fan base is young girls and it "seems" so obvious.

But the reality is that literally EVERY artist sings about love in some form or fashion. Good love, bad love, shitty break ups, whatever. It's not just Taylor and it never has been.

.......Sort of. Every artist sings about their experiences with people but the context varies greatly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom