• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 3.0: The Thirsty Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clydefrog

thank god there are no live cameras where i live. i'm going to chow down on leftovers while watching a really dumb movie like [welp]

It's that time again.... Woo!

What do you guys think of this setup, following the mATX advice. Last 2 PC's I had were full towers, PC before that was mATX.... I'm going back to Micro.

Motherboard (don't need 2xPCI-16, not gonna run SLI in an mATX anyway)

240GB SSD

1TB HDD

8GB DDR3-1600

i5 4670K

GTX770

750W PSU

and.....

This case. Maybe I'll change it, but I like it. It's not going in my living room anyway so it doesn't have to look like a dvd player. this would be the first time I'm going without a cd/dvd drive, I won't miss it.

All together would clock in at 1231.- CAD before shipping, which is well within my budget of 1500.- To upgrade, maybe go from 4670K to 4770K? GTX770 to 780? Bigger SSD? Not quite sure if I want/need it.

input is very welcome.

Main concerns (aside from upgrading/optimizing the choice of individual components) is whether it'll all fit into the mATX case (which it should?), whether I'll need extra fans (probably, but I can always buy those extra), whether I'll run into overclocking issues on an mATX motherboard/this specific motherboard (I have no idea, google doesn't help much), stuff like that. :) Thanks guys!

770 is a fine card, although 2GB worries me for future proofing purposes. The 4GB model doesn't seem to benefit that much from it though. I would seriously consider getting a higher end card. If you have to stick Team Green, then you may as well stick with a 770. If you don't mind being a filthy AMD communist heathern, you could try a 290. 780 is a great choice if you're willing to pay the premium for it - but if you're extremely value conscious the 290 is better dollar/perf.

As far as I can tell, that case would be fine. But double check the Building-a-PC thread to be sure. It seems to support long/wide videocards and takes a full ATX PSU. The only other change I might propose is going for a bigger HDD since those are really not that expensive. I guess you could get 16GB ram for relatively modest price increase too, however I honestly don't think it's necessary for gaming.

Turin

Banned
Rain. <3

2925db7861309f85d2459c71aaad8530.gif

guys i'm 300 now

tumblr_n29wa6yTeN1rvnogho2_250.gif

I love Rust. :3

One of my favorites scenes in the show.

Lying in bed listening to the rain. It's relaxing.

Good man.

Being stuck out in it though....
rain_for_all_the_feels_by_egriz-d4qif75.gif

I'LL LET YOU IN ON A DIRTY SECRET
I JUST WANNA BE LOVED

He's not a top tho.

He can't satisfy my urges rn.

I probably could in a parallel universe.

you guys ever fart so much when you pee that you have to give the old backside a little check with toilet paper to be sure?

Thank you for this.

TCRS

Banned
I've been living on my own for two years now I still can't cook. all I eat are sandwiches, chicken nuggets (putting them the oven for 10 mins, done!) and occassionally pasta and of course pizza. I once made rice and chicken curry... the effort. fuck that.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
Well first you tell me how good Destiny is, then you go play Destiny.

zeemumu

It's amazing how busy you can get in such a short amount of time. So I'm trying to make plans to go visit my friend upstate before Fall Quarter of college starts, but in order to do so I have to go talk to whoever does my schedules and ask them to switch my days off to the weekend, and also to switch one of my days off to the 13th of August for my birthday. It's about a 5 hour drive (California is a really big state) but my parents offered to get me a round trip plane ticket. But before all that I have to confirm with my friend which week I'm able to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom