• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 7: The Dark Thirst Rises

Status
Not open for further replies.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
When you are ready to crow with a slice of humble pie.

doxfjvun4eoxdcoexgb4.jpg

I mean, the movie still feels like a mistake, but at least they got that right.

Jobbs

Banned
When you are ready to crow with a slice of humble pie.

doxfjvun4eoxdcoexgb4.jpg

I mean, the movie still feels like a mistake, but at least they got that right.

I don't have any great affinity for Ghost in the Shell, the author already ruined it by turning it into little more than jerk off books for little boys. I'd be embarrassed to have the latter one on my shelf.

I'll probably watch this just out of curiosity.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
I never watched or read anything Ghost in the Shell before >_>

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
I had an Appleseed book as a teen and adored the artstyle. The design of the robot guy is still one of the coolest things I've ever seen, in terms of character design.

Jobbs

Banned
I had an Appleseed book as a teen and adored the artstyle. The design of the robot guy is still one of the coolest things I've ever seen, in terms of character design.

Appleseed and especially Battle Angel Alita were hugely influential on me as I developed my art skills and art style. I used to draw comics/graphic novels.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Appleseed and especially Battle Angel Alita were hugely influential on me as I developed my art skills and art style. I used to draw comics/graphic novels.

I can totally see that in some of your artwork :) Sadly I made way too many pauses and now all I can draw is shitty webcomics, which I would totally continue but I'm struggling with ideas for over a year now ;_;

Misha

Banned
I can totally see that in some of your artwork :) Sadly I made way too many pauses and now all I can draw is shitty webcomics, which I would totally continue but I'm struggling with ideas for over a year now ;_;
Did you draw your avatar?

Jobbs

Banned

if you're really bored and want to look at something shitty, this is a sci fi comic pitch I created in 2008. The pacing was a bit rushed because I had to format the pitch to a specific orientation and number of pages + I wanted to cover a certain amount of story ground.

it sounded like something was going to happen with it, but the publisher (which was a subsidiary of DC comics) folded suddenly. DC shut it down.

I lifted several of the characters and put them in Ghost Song as NPCs

edit: some of it's kinda shit, haha, I was an even worse writer in 2008, apparently

if you're really bored and want to look at something shitty, this is a sci fi comic pitch I created in 2008. The pacing was a bit rushed because I had to format the pitch to a specific orientation and number of pages + I wanted to cover a certain amount of story ground.

it sounded like something was going to happen with it, but the publisher (which was a subsidiary of DC comics) folded suddenly. DC shut it down.

I lifted several of the characters and put them in Ghost Song as NPCs

edit: some of it's kinda shit, haha, I was an even worse writer in 2008, apparently

I detached the clipboard and read it in portrait mode just for you jobbs

A bit expositioney but I mean there's much worse writing in comics

Jobbs

Banned
I detached the clipboard and read it in portrait mode just for you jobbs

A bit expositioney but I mean there's much worse writing in comics

yeah. :)

some of that was because it was purpose made as a pitch formatted to this specific publisher, and I wanted to get these ideas across quickly.

had I really made the comic it would have been spaced out more. What happened over 8 pages would probably happen over 20+.

it also echoes many of the tendencies I have in my stories. e.g., female characters who aren't overly sexualized by the comic and most the male characters are either aliens, robots, or cripples

lol

Misha

Banned
I wrote a script for a cartoon pitch a few years ago. Haven't bothered to story board it but maybe I should if just for the experience

yeah. :)

some of that was because it was purpose made as a pitch formatted to this specific publisher, and I wanted to get these ideas across quickly.

had I really made the comic it would have been spaced out more. What happened over 8 pages would probably happen over 20+.

it also echoes many of the tendencies I have in my stories. e.g., female characters who aren't overly sexualized by the comic and most the male characters are either aliens, robots, or cripples

lol

The robot reminds me of too human, where the enemies were the self replicating robot army of a society that died out in the war they built them for. Which is also an idea I incorporated into my own internal design document I'll never bother writing down or acting on.

Jobbs

Banned
The robot reminds me of too human, where the enemies were the self replicating robot army of a society that died out in the war they built them for. Which is also an idea I incorporated into my own internal design document I'll never bother writing down or acting on.

I was really interested in the idea of having this tall, strange looking, fucked up robot sort of be surrogate father to a little child. An idea I'd like to look into more sometime.

I wrote a script for a cartoon pitch a few years ago. Haven't bothered to story board it but maybe I should if just for the experience

#justdoit I got where I am, for whatever that's worth, by just doing things without necessarily knowing how

god I slept until 4pm.

hi trabble rock =D

Misha

Banned
#justdoit I got where I am, for whatever that's worth, by just doing things without necessarily knowing how
I might need to rewrite it a bit cause it might be a bit on the "lolrandom" side. It's basically about a detective who's halfway between Sherlock Holmes and don Quixote with a serious sugar addiction. Very much a kid friendly concept and a good excuse to write real whodunnits and parody different mystery and crime tropes
holy shit I just read a comment that said my presentation was "on point"
is this opposite day?
I've learned that what I consider to be a good presentation and what the audience considers good don't seem to usually be a good thing. After failing a bunch of speeches in high school for whatever reason I started doing things in a way that made my college teacher say seemed "confident"

So yeah sounds like you did well. Gratz

Jobbs

Banned
I might need to rewrite it a bit cause it might be a bit on the "lolrandom" side. It's basically about a detective who's halfway between Sherlock Holmes and don Quixote with a serious sugar addiction. Very much a kid friendly concept and a good excuse to write real whodunnits and parody different mystery and crime tropes

could be good (tbh most things COULD be good). would it be a cartoony/kiddie art style?

there are two options.

1) it's sarcasm

2) it wasn't nearly the disaster you think it was and that was in your mind bro

my money's on 2

Nah, you're just that good <3

I've learned that what I consider to be a good presentation and what the audience considers good don't seem to usually be a good thing. After failing a bunch of speeches in high school for whatever reason I started doing things in a way that made my college teacher say seemed "confident"

So yeah sounds like you did well. Gratz

<33

also I wanna see that cartoon

Misha

Banned
could be good (tbh most things COULD be good). would it be a cartoony/kiddie art style?
A bit similar to professor Layton overall but the styles of each character is a bit different, often dependent on what they're parodying (ex. Phoenix wright) and every background character has a generic smiley face. The background does what some kids shows do and is sorta watercolory and fades to white when it's beyond the focus of the scene (which is partially dependent on where the main character's attention is)

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
A bit similar to professor Layton overall but the styles of each character is a bit different, often dependent on what they're parodying (ex. Phoenix wright) and every background character has a generic smiley face. The background does what some kids shows do and is sorta watercolory and fades to white when it's beyond the focus of the scene (which is partially dependent on where the main character's attention is)

2009-09-15-beartato-catcomic.gif

tCF48qT.gif

:: proposing intensifies ::

I'm not fucking kidding. I'd go buy a ring

this is sharp knees but I never understood barbed wire tattoos. also that thing in her nose disgraces one of the most beautiful organs human beings have.
apart from that cute though.

Jobbs

Banned
I found her online for you Hobbs.

http://i.imgur.com/rjJA7uo.png

this is sharp knees but I never understood barbed wire tattoos. also that thing in her nose disgraces one of the most beautiful organs human beings have.
apart from that cute though.

I already know who she is. She's a tattoo artist named Grace Neutral.

Part of her appeal is what an individual she is, so I accept her modifications/accessories/tats as they are. She's a great person

Try not to fall in love

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
What trab is saying is that this girl is cute and every decision this girl has ever made concerning her body is wrong.

Jobbs

Banned
no. I just brought up two little things that I personally don't find appealing. read again. I'm not a square like you other people.

I'm less square than you. I'm proposing to a woman who removed her belly button for a tattoo and had her ears changed into pointy ears

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
no. I just brought up two little things that I personally don't find appealing. read again. I'm not a square like you other people.

People will understand my humour someday. And square!? I'll have you know I painted my nails once. Only once though because it was really painful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom