• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 7: The Dark Thirst Rises

Status
Not open for further replies.

jb1234

Taking off in a bit. Five hour drive home. And unfortunately, my pain level has increased so this is going to be a very long five hours. Just need to pace myself and hope for the best.

Misha

Banned
I can never go back to that game. Hits too close to home and I really don't want any reminders. Also it's the type of thing you do once and never play again because there's no reason to.
Why wouldn't there be a reason to? (Besides too close to home) I don't see how it would be different than a movie or book

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
On GAF, opinion is fact

Sigh.

I got new running shoes and they destroyed my feet. I have huge blisters on my toes now and I have to hobble everywhere because of them. Looks like I have to use the bike today, and possibly for the next few days, instead. I hate the bike.

Jobbs

Banned
I'm trying to remember an anime movie and I can't figure out what it is.. I remember almost no details, just a vague feeling. Early in the movie people in spacesuits are exploring something, then shit gets weird. That's the best way I can put it because all the specifics are escaping me, but I remember the feelings of it.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Planetes?

b83b9a58bca4fda475c1df396474b606.jpg

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
But I don't want a tattoo :C

You should check out Brighton, it's only a couple of hours from Portsmouth and is way better >_>

I've only been to Portsmouth once for Southsea Fest and had to stay outside in the cold until like 3AM because I was a dumb idiot >_>

I dont go there by choice, lol. There is a US Navy detachment there.

MutFox

Banned
I take exception to people claiming that RE6 was a good game.

No it was fucking not.

I skipped the thread just looking at the title.
So many spots were so unpolished, I can't believe it made it into a supposed AAA game.

Some of those QTE's, the car scene, the dock scene... OMG, so bad.
Even the co-op didn't make it that fun.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Planetes is one of the best Anime shows I've ever seen, literally. Like goddamn fuck it's good.

zeemumu

Why wouldn't there be a reason to? (Besides too close to home) I don't see how it would be different than a movie or book

There are movies and books that you can go through once and never feel the need to go through again. The story's fairly standard. It's not bad, but it's not really bringing anything new to the table, either. Plus the gameplay isn't exactly challenging or fun so the story is all that it has going for it. A lot of story-driven games are like that, but a lot of them have branching paths in the story to warrant multiple playthroughs.

Jobbs

Banned
Planetes?

No it wasn't Planetes, but that's a good guess.

It was more surreal. I seem to remember space suit people exploring some weird place and it ends up just being weird or something. Like some surreal movie. It may have even been a short film.

I know that's shit all to go on, but I thought it was worth a shot

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Well...I'd certainly tolerate it more than what they're showing today. Especially given the old hand painted cel style doesn't hurt my eyes.
Saber J style changed in J to X pretty much because the show was being made when the shift on artstyles was going on. Not much of a fan of J to X style but still serviceable and the animation is still neat for most of the part.

They either bribed a hell of a lot of people for that or I'm missing something. I know it's not the actors because these are all great actors. The genre says comedy but it's played so straight that none of it is funny.

#2art4u #orsotheauteurwouldlikeutobelieve

I'm deadass intrigued tho.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
My mom's cat had to be put down today. She's crying and generally miserable.

1CgcGd0.jpg

His name was Mushu. 11 years old. Had cancer. :/

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
No it wasn't Planetes, but that's a good guess.

It was more surreal. I seem to remember space suit people exploring some weird place and it ends up just being weird or something. Like some surreal movie. It may have even been a short film.

I know that's shit all to go on, but I thought it was worth a shot

Once upon a time.. space? No idea if that run in the US, but it's literally the first thing that comes to mind when you say space suits and weird lol

Best old space anime is still this shit though

harlock_9309.jpg

Wait wasn't there some remake stuff announced a year ago or so?

edit yes god fuck yeah imma have to watch this now

edit2 aw man Sol, bummer. All the best, it's always shit when this happens.

Vazra

As for Tattoos I want this

I need to get a full pic of the god of destruction from the game but the tats would be similar poses on each arm but giving a lighter darker vibes.

Also I want this but with all the characters from The House in Fata Morgana around her.

I want a bonfire and character silhouette from Dark Souls but I would have to design that shit myself.

Nerdkiller

Membeur
Saber J style changed in J to X pretty much because the show was being made when the shift on artstyles was going on. Not much of a fan of J to X style but still serviceable and the animation is still neat for most of the part.
I'm pretty much out of my league when it comes to discussing anything anime related. It's been well over a decade since I've last seen anything related to it. Apparently, I got out at the right time, too.

Vazra

I'm pretty much out of my league when it comes to discussing anything anime related. It's been well over a decade since I've last seen anything related to it. Apparently, I got out at the right time, too.

I would say anime went very basic in the 2000s

Vazra

Call me one of the weirdos that went numb on One Punch Man after 4 episodes. Its not bad but I dont see it as the best thing many people seem to call it. At least is no Attack on Titan or Sword Art Online mediocre and overrated shows.

Misha

Banned
Call me one of the weirdos that went numb on One Punch Man after 4 episodes. Its not bad but I dont see it as the best thing many people seem to call it. At least is no Attack on Titan or Sword Art Online mediocre and overrated shows.
I'll never understand the craze behind those two

Well I guess the first few episodes of Sao were pretty good but it really really doesn't last

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom