• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 7: The Dark Thirst Rises

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misha

Banned
I'm watching people stream overwatch on twitch and I'm actually better than all of them at lucio. This is a weird feeling.

Jobbs

Banned
Controversial opinion: Pewdie Pie ain't that bad.

I've watched a number of his videos now because my niece loves him. So -- When she's here she often watches him (kids really do just sit around watching youtube now, conventional TV is pretty irrelevant to them) and sometimes she'll send me links to his videos and tell me to watch them.

He's a good physical comedian. He makes me laugh sometimes. He's good at being just plain old silly, and his videos are very well edited and produced (at this point). It's overly reductive to say that in PDP's case it's just an asshole yelling at a game -- It's a performance, and I can respect it and all the work that goes into it.

Misha

Banned

I've watched a number of his videos now because my niece loves him. So -- When she's here she often watches him (kids really do just sit around watching youtube now, conventional TV is pretty irrelevant to them) and sometimes she'll send me links to his videos and tell me to watch them.

He's a good physical comedian. He makes me laugh sometimes. He's good at being just plain old silly, and his videos are very well edited and produced (at this point). It's overly reductive to say that in PDP's case it's just an asshole yelling at a game -- It's a performance, and I can respect it and all the work that goes into it.

He's very hit or miss which makes sense for a high volume creator. His miss is very miss tho

Chuckie

My nephew also watches all those Youtube video's. I don't get them. First time ever I actually feel old as shit and out of the loop.

jb1234

hannibal-hungry.gif

This might get to part 10 within a year.

TURIN! How've you been, man?

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

I think this would be less controversial than you think. There's a lot of people that enjoy hating on him just because he's the biggest target. He puts a lot of effort into his videos though, and he really cares about them. I'm not a fan, but I respect the guy.

Also it's pretty interesting to see all of the things that kids are growing up with now. Pretty neat that YouTube has replaced conventional TV for youngsters.

FUME5

And we come back around to the whole "If I have the time to watch a Youtuber, I have the time to play videogames".

Still, from what I've seen of him, I think the guys a dickhead anyway.

I have no idea what you are talking about. What is GS? General store? What is or isn't delayed?

Game Stop, No Mans Sky.

Xiao Hu

hello what is this

Yo, I dreamed that you got killed in Russia
_________

So I spent a nice afternoon with the Japanese girl today and somehow.....it didn't click. I mean we are just friends but despite me being physically attracted to her I don't see any ground for a romantic bond to be forged in this relationship. I wish I had a taste that wouldn't make things so difficult for me.

Jobbs

Banned
A least you have something to do before you got to sleep :p

we have a weird routine where, often, by the time I get to bed she's already been asleep for hours, and women don't tend to want to be sleep molested if what they actually want to do is sleep. she's a nurse who works long hours

And we come back around to the whole "If I have the time to watch a Youtuber, I have the time to play videogames".

Still, from what I've seen of him, I think the guys a dickhead anyway.

Game Stop, No Mans Sky.

No Man's Sky is something I've been skeptical of from the start. It looks nice, sure, but the way it's pitched by the pitchman dude of the company -- hello games -- just constantly smacks of peter molyneeuixuiewx.

That and what's their pedigree? What else have they done? "Danger Joe" for mobile? I'm definitely pumped

No Man's Sky is something I've been skeptical of from the start. It looks nice, sure, but the way it's pitched by the pitchman dude of the company -- hello games -- just constantly smacks of peter molyneeuixuiewx.

That and what's their pedigree? What else have they done? "Danger Joe" for mobile? I'm definitely pumped

_88689274_seannew1_.jpg

Sean Murray's a qt π tho.

So you know, day 1, full price, etc. (Real talk, I probably won't get it day one or at full price.)

FUME5

we have a weird routine where, often, by the time I get to bed she's already been asleep for hours, and women don't tend to want to be sleep molested if what they actually want to do is sleep. she's a nurse who works long hours

I've been intrigued since the initial announcement, and it seems like something that will occupy it's own space / set a genre precedent. Have I bought into the bullshit? No.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Last time I heard they (Hello Games) received quite substantial backup from several Sony internal studios just to finish the project, but looks like they did not succeed....

I would really like to see another proper X game, like it was X3: Reunion (or how DrM nearly failed a year in college because of it). Probably the biggest time sink since Quake 2 MP

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
New thread already? wtf

FUME5

Dude you can't just say that and then not tell the whole story D:
Tonight I had the most disturbing dream in a while. I dreamed that Bufbaf was a soldier and got killed in some Russian city after a drunken stupor alongside other comrades. Then trab would call his family to console them and everyone turned their avatars into grey coloured ones. I woke up with the shittiest mood ever.

Chuckie

So I spent a nice afternoon with the Japanese girl today and somehow.....it didn't click. I mean we are just friends but despite me being physically attracted to her I don't see any ground for a romantic bond to be forged in this relationship. I wish I had a taste that wouldn't make things so difficult for me.

What is difficult about your taste? Or is your taste 'Japanese girls' and those aren't around a lot where you live?

Jobbs

Banned
People in my shop: "FTWD is really cool, I like it a lot."

Me: "......same"

What I'd say is it's awful but I like it anyway

Which is true

I mean, it's not totally awful. It's beautifully shot and the last episode in particular had some really interesting shots and editing.

The problem is the fucking moronic writing

Risgroo

No Man's Sky looks less interesting every time I see it tbh. The shooting looks pretty stiff (not the focus of the game, I know, I know), and I suspect that the planets will start to feel very similar once you visit your, like, fifth one. I'll happily buy it
on sale
if I'm wrong, but for now I'll stick to my AAA bro shooters and racing games hah.
I'm not sure. I think the SB ones are exclusive but they are usually/always just alternate versions of existing ones (which makes them collectible -- incidentally, in every month so far if I ebayed the two funkopop figures I'd have turned a profit + gotten the tshirt and other swag on top.. One time I got a sweet c3p0 coffee mug, too)
Oh ok. Those boxes sound like too much hassle for a ton of stuff I'll never use, so I'll just see if I can find them elsewhere. Maybe I'll get just the black series IG-88 instead :eek:

New thread already? wtf

image.php

what the hell is this

Blah nightmare , paranormal murder investigation with jump scares = stupid shit
Now I'll be awake for a bit
At least someone bought an eBay item

No mans sky is a mess, is it still being developed by one guy? Does he refuse help from Sony to make the team a little bigger to help make the release date?

I've got no ill feelings towards pew die pie, guy is making bank on playing games and commentating , don't hate the player hate the game, keep making that money bro

Turin

Banned
TURIN! How've you been, man?

Hey, jb. :)

My dad's home. The rehab center decided to cease physical therapy and he hated the place so intensely that he was likely considering the pros and cons of lobotomy so I pulled him out of there. Decided to take a leave of absence from work until we can get some kind of regular nursing assistance. Of course, school starts next week so who knows how that's going to play out.

So how are you? lol

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
I'm a bit bummed we'll probably never run into each other's shit in No Man's Sky.

Technically, if we all make it to the center, we should have a way easier way to meet up and shit.

also whoops double post

Help

Where am I

I'm lost

Honestly, I'm not a fan of his style of comedy at all, but he used to be waaaay worse (like rape jokes all the time and shit), so I'll give him props for realising how gross that was and improving, especially given how most of his fans are kids. A lot of other people would've just doubled down on the rape jokes if they got called out on them

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I have conflicting feelings about goat cheese and spinach, but Domino's Spain introduced a pulled beef + chimichurri one that is surprisingly nice.

jb1234

Hey, jb. :)

My dad's home. The rehab center decided to cease physical therapy and he hated the place so intensely that he was likely considering the pros and cons of lobotomy so I pulled him out of there. Decided to take a leave of absence from work until we can get some kind of regular nursing assistance. Of course, school starts next week so who knows how that's going to play out.

So how are you? lol

Yeah, I think there's nothing quite like being home. I know that I get really anxious and antsy after a long stay in a hospital setting. I hope your dad is doing okay. Are you excited for school?

I had a really bad spell of depression earlier in the week, almost committed myself. Calling friends, crying, suicidal, the whole shebang. Fortunately, it cleared up after a med adjustment. Aside from that drama, I've been working on a song for a singer friend of mine, trying to get this dude I slept with off my back (he got super clingy) and really trying to justify buying DOOM even though I don't have the money.

Arkansas: "Who won the Civil War?" Yikes. I know history education throughout the US is bad but it's been completely rewritten in the deep south. Hence why Confederates continue to be regarded as "patriots and heroes" instead of racist traitors.

Xiao Hu

What is difficult about your taste? Or is your taste 'Japanese girls' and those aren't around a lot where you live?

I live a 2 hours flight away from Japan plus there is a huge mass of Japanese studying at Fudan University.

No, that's definitely not the problem. I have realized that 1. I somehow can't hook up with people I don't have any feelings for anymore and 2. that pretty much prefer the non-girly women over the common type mentality wise. Now what makes the situation for me even worse is that if I ever run into somebody who fits my preferences she's usually taken or isn't interested; and I'm certainly not going to steal somebody else's woman or act like some desperate fool clinging to her.

And I also don't want to date guys while my mother is in close proximity.

Thats darker than I imagined! I'm alright, you can feel better now :)

Buuuuut you had beautiful dark hair in my dream so I'm still kinda sad considering...

Arkansas: "Who won the Civil War?" Yikes. I know history education throughout the US is bad but it's been completely rewritten in the deep south. Hence why Confederates continue to be regarded as "patriots and heroes" instead of racist traitors.

At least your is self-contained within your country, the amount of revisionism around the British Empire is fucking gross

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Off I go into tattoo land. Wish me luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom