• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 7: The Dark Thirst Rises

Status
Not open for further replies.
first I wanted to be pale king and you swooped in and took it away

then I wanted to be emo and you swooped in again

what's next

Just wait until you see the fucking rad-ass game I'm going to make

It's too much effort don't worry that won't happen

I am not sure but there might be a connection between these two things.

I mean it's not like I don't know why I've been single forever :p

I've gone out with noone

Ever

I have been single my entire life

I've only ever asked someone out once and they misunderstood what I meant

You cannot take this away from me

but what's worse.. never gotten the chance to be with someone or being rejected by everyone you've been with (and even the ones you haven't really been with) ;(
let's just say we're both lonely and you can't really compare this.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
The trick is to ask out everyone you like until someone says yes

I love you guys btw

Jobbs

Banned
"Ghost Song by Robert Ninja Hornets"

:(

but what's worse.. never gotten the chance to be with someone or being rejected by everyone you've been with (and even the ones you haven't really been with) ;(
let's just say we're both lonely and you can't really compare this.

What happened to me recently was uniquely rough and I don't have past experiences to directly compare it to.

In any case I know some of those feelings and it hurts so good.

solidarity.jpg

The trick is to ask out everyone you like until someone says yes

I love you guys btw

tumblr_mloi87XJCt1rs9uu6o2_500.gif

Jobbs

Banned
True. More than 99% of the people I see I wouldn't go out with. But that still leaves a huge amount of people I would go out with. (If I wasn't married of course)

That seems insanely selective to have 99% of people ruled out at the outset.

If you showed me a random selection of 100 eligibly aged women from my area it seems quite likely more than 1 would be attractive to me

At the hospital literally 5 out of 7 of my nurses were women I found really attractive

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
When you make two threads in gaming in the span of an hour shieeeeettttttt my bad

Misha

Banned

If you showed me a random selection of 100 eligibly aged women from my area it seems quite likely more than 1 would be attractive to me

Sure physically attractive. But then when you factor in personality and other stuff it narrows really quickly. And theres a lot of people that you'd get along with but wouldn't be anything special to you

Chuckie

I meant 99% of all people I see on the streets. If it is 100 eligibly aged women the number would sky rocket :p

At the hospital literally 5 out of 7 of my nurses were women I found really attractive

assuming that your eligible age range is 23–35, and that the average lifespan is 86 years for women, that filters things down to 7% of the population! If only 1/7 are your type, well then there you go! :p

Really no worse than this crap:

n9fwdlgrpbrmlqchchbm.jpg

Adidas-Chicago-Bulls-23-Michael-Jordan-Authentic-Black-Vibe-Men-NBA-Jersey-744.jpg

SolVanderlyn

The co-worker I shared a very mutual dislike with and who made my life hell was an insanely attractive 40 year old who looked like she was 21

Jobbs

Banned
assuming that your eligible age range is 23–35, and that the average lifespan is 86 years for women, that filters things down to 7% of the population! If only 1/7 are your type, well then there you go! :p

why the hell would he include men (since he's straight) and people too old or too young? seems senseless to include that number given the point he was trying to make

That range seems about right and it does seem weird that my dating range goes further down than up. I'd be open to dating someone up to about 10 years younger than myself (though if you get closer to that 10 year mark it starts to become less likely) but dating someone 10 years older sounds extremely unlikely.

Not sure what that says about me

I just want to hang out with my best friend :c

sorry I'm still stuck in the USA :(

why the hell would he include men (since he's straight) and people too old or too young? seems senseless to include that number given the point he was trying to make

That range seems about right and it does seem weird that my dating range goes further down than up. I'd be open to dating someone up to about 10 years younger than myself (though if you get closer to that 10 year mark it starts to become less likely) but dating someone 10 years older sounds extremely unlikely.

Not sure what that says about me
Ageist

10 years younger than me is very illegal. Tbh I think I'd find anything younger or older than a couple of years out from my age weird

SolVanderlyn

10 years younger than me is 17

...I had my first girl I was interested in return interest when I was 17

That feels like yesterday

What the fuck happened to time

jb1234

10 years younger than me is 17

...I had my first girl I was interested in return interest when I was 17

That feels like yesterday

What the fuck happened to time

It kept moving. Sucks, doesn't it?

(I think I might have completed the first draft of this asshole song.)

Chuckie

Well Misha said people are icky. And considering I don't know if she likes guys or gals and what age range I just took a general example. The only point I tried to make is that even if you think most people are unattractive in some form, for whatever reason, there still is a huge amount of people who are attractive...and most importantly never just 'one'.

Misha

Banned
Well Misha said people are icky. And considering I don't know if she likes guys or gals and what age range I just took a general example. The only point I tried to make is that even if you think most people are unattractive in some form, for whatever reason, there still is a huge amount of people who are attractive...and most importantly never just 'one'.

I find both girls and guys attractive. I just have no interest in dating most of them

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future

You should get injured again and hang out at hospitals.

Jobbs

Banned
You should get injured again and hang out at hospitals.

dude...

one of them was legit supermodel status. The others were hot too and one of them hung around talking to me much longer than she needed to. It was a very odd mixture of hot and upsetting/awkward because this one would flirt with me then ask me if I peed and want to see the pee...

other than the one that was flirtatious with me, the others were completely professional and utterly indifferent to seeing my penis, which was kind of deflating/emasculating

I guess the lesson is to get injured, but not in a way that requires the nurses to see your penis or deal with your pee

Tbh I think I'd find anything younger or older than a couple of years out from my age weird

Same. I mean I get it, lots of men want a woman at her peak fertility and lots of women want a man with security and experience, but that's so not me. I've only ever dated guys the same age as me. I want my partner to have the same level of life experience as me, and to enjoy most of the same things.

Jobbs

Banned
I think people start changing less rapidly after about 25 or so. My last girlfriend was six years younger than me and this disparity didn't seem at all evident in how we related to each other or looked together

Misha

Banned
Phone call: success.
Apartment appointment Monday
Might reach my goal of apartment by July.if so that significantly increases the chances of me willing to meet up with the people in this thread (while Pau's still around)
Same. I mean I get it, lots of men want a woman at her peak fertility and lots of women want a man with security and experience, but that's so not me. I've only ever dated guys the same age as me. I want my partner to have the same level of life experience as me, and to enjoy most of the same things.
Not many people feel this way but I also think similarly about height. Its superficial but you can definitely notice it. Lucky that I am average human height

I think people start changing less rapidly after about 25 or so. My last girlfriend was six years younger than me and this disparity didn't seem at all evident in how we related to each other or looked together

And if you both feel that way then that's perfectly fine. I never discouraged your relationship with her nor would I. But it's not something I would want for myself.

I'm well aware that this is me being a little narrow minded. I have a very specific type, and it shows, but I'm fortunate to have found someone who suits my taste.

Phone call: success.
Apartment appointment Monday
Might reach my goal of apartment by July.if so that significantly increases the chances of me willing to meet up with the people in this thread (while Pau's still around)

Not many people feel this way but I also think similarly about height. Its superficial but you can definitely notice it. Lucky that I am average human height

Yay! I'm glad you made the call. When in July would that be? It's coming up pretty soon.

Jobbs

Banned
And if you both feel that way then that's perfectly fine. I never discouraged your relationship with her nor would I. But it's not something I would want for myself.

I'm well aware that this is me being a little narrow minded. I have a very specific type, and it shows, but I'm fortunate to have found someone who suits my taste.

That's 100% legit and I'm glad you found a great guy. :) I was just thinking out loud.

My only additional thought here is I don't personally understand a hard litmus test. I wouldn't be attracted to someone and vibing with them and then rule them out because they didn't fit a predefined age criteria. That would make little sense to me but then I suppose we have very different perspectives

Misha

Banned
Yay! I'm glad you made the call. When in July would that be? It's coming up pretty soon.

July 1st. Unless theres extra things like inspections or w/e, I should be able to move pretty quickly with it.
My sisters actually signed a lease a couple days ago that they only visited a couple days before. They're not moving in till August though because its for school but I have nothing holding me up personally
My only additional thought here is I don't personally understand a hard litmus test. I wouldn't be attracted to someone and vibing with them and then rule them out because they didn't fit a predefined age criteria. That would make little sense to me but then I suppose we have very different perspectives
You're assuming someone is making a statement and choosing to stick to it. Personally when I state an age range hats because that age range is the one I by and large relate the most to.

SolVanderlyn

My plans for this evening:

1. Eat some spinach and goat cheese pizza
  2. Read more of Blood Meridian
  3. Play more Witcher 3
  4. Shitpost in this thread
#partyhard
Blood Meridian is fucked up. I read it for an American Lit class in grad school.

That's 100% legit and I'm glad you found a great guy. :) I was just thinking out loud.

I honestly don't think I've ever vibed with someone outside my own age like that. Maybe because I prematurely exclude them? In any case, it's not a post-vibe filter.

July 1st. Unless theres extra things like inspections or w/e, I should be able to move pretty quickly with it.
My sisters actually signed a lease a couple days ago that they only visited a couple days before. They're not moving in till August though because its for school but I have nothing holding me up personally

Oh, so early July. Cool! Do you have a lot of things to move?

The only time I've ever had to move was to/from college, and it's not like I had a lot of stuff in the dorm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom