• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 7: The Dark Thirst Rises

Status
Not open for further replies.
gCb3yUI.png

kElJY1P.png

I don't wanna hear it

Dryk

I was all prepared to be like "114? What is that in C? 16? Pfft in Australia we <etc>" and then I saw that it's 44 degrees and yeah that's actually awful.

Exactly. Don't forget male.

It's just most videogame writers are straight white men, you know? And it's literally impossible for a writer to write outside of their own experiences because I'm pretty sure that's how writing works and has always worked and no writer in history has written anything about any character who wasn't a straight white man.
I play a straight, white man in real life and it's really boring. Dunno why they keep putting them in games.

FloatOn

Oh, yay! How's your sister holding up with everything? Has it kind of died down some?

We talked about it a little bit... She says things are extremely busy and those injured have a long road to full recovery (she works in the emergency department so she is kind of ground zero for all this). She also says there has been a noticeable increase in teamwork and that while it's nice it is also kind of sad that it takes something like this to bring if out in people.

She works Sunday night through Wednesday morning so she was only able to hang out for a little bit. She wants to put together another family gathering soon so I can meet her bf. My parents have only met him briefly.

Thanks for checking in.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I love it when people post "I'm not sexist/bigoted, BUT women/gay being in video games is only because there is money in it".

Um, asshole, think about WHY there is money in it.

People love to bitch and scream that inclusion is part of an agenda.

What the fuck is that agenda, quite frankly?

I 100% am sure that if you actually prod someone on that, it will boil down to "women think they can do things".

Also if it bothers them so much to see LGBT characters there are plenty of games with heterosexual characters to play with or characters that simply have no sexuality except you can guess I suppose. Its dumb behavior and the whole how can I identify argument its bullshit when how will you identify with a character that kills thousands of enemies when all they do is sit on their asses play videogames and work? Its seriously stupid reasoning and playing with an LGBT character wont change your sexual orientation and it doesnt mean there will be sex or romance in the game just because the character is game. That also doesn't mean the character will be a living stereotype of the gay man so you can tell the character is gay. Its pretty much people overexaggerating at things and more when they have plenty of options to play anyway.

Going back to Mighty No. 9 talk I hope people stop shitting on Inti Creates cause they have done some good games before and Bloodstained looks good from what I've seen.

ZycnyeW.png

Matt I see that unedited 88° down there you liar

We talked about it a little bit... She says things are extremely busy and those injured have a long road to full recovery (she works in the emergency department so she is kind of ground zero for all this). She also says there has been a noticeable increase in teamwork and that while it's nice it is also kind of sad that it takes something like this to bring if out in people.

She works Sunday night through Wednesday morning so she was only able to hang out for a little bit. She wants to put together another family gathering soon so I can meet her bf. My parents have only met him briefly.

Thanks for checking in.

Yeah. It sucks that it takes tragedy to bring people together sometimes. We've got all sorts of bad priorities.

In any case, I'm glad it went well for you.

FUME5

I was all prepared to be like "114? What is that in C? 16? Pfft in Australia we <etc>" and then I saw that it's 44 degrees and yeah that's actually awful.

I play a straight, white man in real life and it's really boring. Dunno why they keep putting them in games.

Have you tried fucking around with the sliders a bit?

NICE IS THE WEATHER IM HAVING ITS VERY NICE TYVM

LET US CONTINUE TO MAKE ACCEPTABLE SMALL TALK LIKE THE SOCIALLY ADJUSTED INDIVIDUALS WE ARE. WE'RE TOTALLY NOT ALIENS.

Also if it bothers them so much to see LGBT characters there are plenty of games with heterosexual characters to play with or characters that simply have no sexuality except you can guess I suppose. Its dumb behavior and the whole how can I identify argument its bullshit when how will you identify with a character that kills thousands of enemies when all they do is sit on their asses play videogames and work? Its seriously stupid reasoning and playing with an LGBT character wont change your sexual orientation and it doesnt mean there will be sex or romance in the game just because the character is game. That also doesn't mean the character will be a living stereotype of the gay man so you can tell the character is gay. Its pretty much people overexaggerating at things and more when they have plenty of options to play anyway

Press X to kiss dude.

*Outrage*

Also if it bothers them so much to see LGBT characters there are plenty of games with heterosexual characters to play with or characters that simply have no sexuality except you can guess I suppose. Its dumb behavior and the whole how can I identify argument its bullshit when how will you identify with a character that kills thousands of enemies when all they do is sit on their asses play videogames and work? Its seriously stupid reasoning and playing with an LGBT character wont change your sexual orientation and it doesnt mean there will be sex or romance in the game just because the character is game. That also doesn't mean the character will be a living stereotype of the gay man so you can tell the character is gay. Its pretty much people overexaggerating at things and more when they have plenty of options to play anyway.

Going back to Mighty No. 9 talk I hope people stop shitting on Inti Creates cause they have done some good games before and Bloodstained looks good from what I've seen.

It's all fun and games until someone mentions they are gay.

FUME5

It's about 14 °C, drizzling with rain forecast for most of the week.

Fine by me, I've got no field work this week and we need the rain.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Where the real eyes at

13445542_1088895924504784_2416927642424568658_n.jpg

HBO Now isn't working for a huge swath of people, myself included. I don't understand how they can charge so many people so much money and still have the shittiest web player this side of IGN.

If I go to a FakeGaf meetup, am I expected to pay for everyone because I'm the only real man?

Yes. Or else I'll call you Danny boy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom