• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 7: The Dark Thirst Rises

Status
Not open for further replies.

FloatOn

I think being hit in the nuts in earnest would probably be some of the worst pain a man could feel.

it's pretty bad but personally the worst pain I ever felt was when my kidneys shut down.

I felt like I was dying on the inside and that's probably because I was!

my back and shoulders especially had the most intense stabbing pain I've ever experienced.

I very rarely get period cramps. For the longest while I thought people were just exaggerating. But yeah, not fun.

I feel like leading with "That's not emo" isn't really the best plan :p

...but then what do I know?

It seems like your description of emo is in exact opposition to being available for a relationship. In a relationship, strange as this may seem, you need to relate to people. Part of that is explaining where you're at and what you're going through.

So if you can't relate your emotional experience to anyone, you can't be in a relationship.

zeemumu

latest

I read it first as "The Girl With All The Gits" and was like, they're making a movie about Dragonz's life?

Be like "pft, 'emo' ya okay sure scene-kid" that'll be sure to sweep her off her feet.

Good advice, noted

And I forget git is an insult sometimes. Means something completely different as a developer

It seems like your description of emo is in exact opposition to being available for a relationship. In a relationship, strange as this may seem, you need to relate to people. Part of that is explaining where you're at and what you're going through.

So if you can't relate your emotional experience to anyone, you can't be in a relationship.

Oh I just mean she's said bands like Coheed and Cambria and Fightstar as emo and not, say, Mineral or The Hotelier >_>

Misha

Banned
Daw, she's lovely and so are you

*end facebookesque comment*

Where're you eating, looks like a mexican food place, if so I'm jelly :(

Fall Out Boy's "From Under the Cork Tree" really is the best Emo album of all time all things considered.

Infinity on High> FUtCT

Misha

Banned
We're the new face of failure
Prettier and younger but not any better off
Bullet proof loneliness
At best, at best

i mean who can't relate?

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Fall out boy are terrible. You are arguing which piece of shit smells better, the shit with peanuts or the shit with corn.

Go listen to some Sunny Day Real Estate or Embrace.

Jobbs

Banned
I mean I'm not saying they can't like that stuff, or that I'll think less of them for liking it or anything like that

But it's not emo

I wouldn't generally call Fallout Boy emo, no, but they might have some of those tendencies sometimes. I haven't listened enough to have an opinion, never cared for them

Misha

Banned
*breaks kayfabe to vomit everywhere*

I listened to simple plan a bit back then and i knew their stuff wasn't that good but i thought they were sorta fun (like bowling for soup or ok go). but when that song came out i was embarrassed to have listened to them at all. pure trash

IHaveIce

Banned
I stubbed my big toe in some weird way in college when running up some steps and the pain was the most intense pain I've ever felt for about 10 min straight. It was worse than childbirth or any period cramp. My nail turned black and fell off, then grew in wrong multiple times and kept falling out. It took 2 years before I had a normal nail again.

Had to remove my own toe nail out because I hit it against a wall and it was kinda stuck in the sides of the toe and bleeding like crazy, I did this on my own just with my hands. When it was growing back it also came out at the weirdest angles.. decided maybe I should see a doctor. Now I'm fine though.

I hate toenails

Misha

Banned
Had to remove my own toe nail out because I hit it against a wall and it was kinda stuck in the sides of the toe and bleeding like crazy, I did this on my own just with my hands. When it was growing back it also came out at the weirdest angles.. decided maybe I should see a doctor. Now I'm fine though.

I hate toenails

I got an ingrown toenail once and went to a doctor to have minor surgery on it. ended up happening again right after it healed. figured i'd fix it myself since the doctor couldn't and i haven't had a problem since

somehow my family has a lot of toe problems. my dad and one sister have issues with ingrown toenails and my mom constantly has black toenails on her small toes. i get both apparently

IHaveIce

Banned
I got an ingrown toenail once and went to a doctor to have minor surgery on it. ended up happening again right after it healed. figured i'd fix it myself since the doctor couldn't and i haven't had a problem since

somehow my family has a lot of toe problems. my dad and one sister have issues with ingrown toenails and my mom constantly has black toenails on her small toes. i get both apparently

yeah I also had a ingrown toenails once on the other foot, the rate of happening again after a doctor does a surgery really seems a lot higher than doing it on your own. :/ Cause I also had one and they had to cut some flesh on the sides, still happened again.

My thoughts are with you :(

FloatOn

I remember liking emo when the get up kids were cool

also let me overshare by showing you guys my 250 word essay to hopefully score a $500 scholarship. Question posed was: how do you intend to use your degree to serve the community and inspire others.

The educational experience that I have acquired at PBA has already made me a more effective employee with my company and I suspect that when I finish my degree I will be more effective in my local community as well. Once I acquire my degree in Organizational Management I intend to leverage that knowledge with what I already know of business from the company I work for to pursue work in non-profit organizations. Either by partnering with one that is already established or starting my own. I have a passion for connecting people and specifically those interested in the arts. Orlando has recently started a cultural shift where the city is wanting to be known for not only being an attractive vacation destination but also a place where people can live and thrive as artists.

With the knowledge that I have acquired from PBA and my real world experience of working within a logistics company I believe that I will have a uniquely developed skillset after graduation to inspire others to be the people they intend to be. Often what holds artists back is not a lack of ability but a lack of connection to people that can help equip them to achieve their vision. I would like to partner with or create a venue that allows for artists to come together and create and connect with others in the community. This venue would provide resources for artists to get their start in a less stressful environment and connect new artists to mentors that can aid their development.

if it sucks it's only $500 I'm missing out on so no big deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom