• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 7: The Dark Thirst Rises

Status
Not open for further replies.

FUME5

There's a certain type of sleeping enemy found later in the game which also appear ominously in one specific room early in the game (which that user ran into).

https://gfycat.com/EnchantingThickCaecilian

They are asleep and not collidable until such time that you wake them up by going near them while having a certain property/status.

that's throw away art by someone else that I never planned to use for anything FYI :p I didn't make it

Fair enough.

Have any promo art of your own that you intend to use?

Jobbs

Banned
Scanlines on #2?

Yea. That piece kinda sucks honestly. Sometimes I lose steam on a piece and give up on it.

This is one of the units I'm more proud of, even though it's not especially impressive from the user perspective. It has several modes, one of them is this ball it folds into. It then spins and rolls and bounces around in full physics mode.

https://gfycat.com/TediousFakeAiredale

not pictured it can also crawl around and shoot projectiles.

To make the ball mode work required so many of my dumbass tricks and it's a miracle it appears as seamless as it does. For example just turning the sprite looked stupid because it's 2d and the shadow/lighting on the artwork looked conspicuous as it rotated, so when he turns into a ball I use alternate art without any shading on it then spawn a separate shadow layer that keeps the shadow at the bottom as it spins.

zeemumu

Yea. That piece kinda sucks honestly. Sometimes I lose steam on a piece and give up on it.

They're better than any of the ones that I've ever made. I might be able to make something on that tier of skill by hand but it would take days, and there's no way I'd be able to do that using drawing software with just a mouse and my current drawing program.

That seems like the response to outrage over offensive material that I'd expect from Daniel Tosh.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Pfft. Got another 4 hours til I can escape. I have being a supervisor. Longish hours and everyone comes to me with their issues ;__;
But you are the boss

marrec

Banned
Pfft. Got another 4 hours til I can escape. I have being a supervisor. Longish hours and everyone comes to me with their issues ;__;

Fuckin' tell me about it, I told my boss I was taking off early today after a 9 hour shift :(

And on Friday I get to lay off union guys for a few weeks, the WORST part of my job tbh

Salary seems great until you actually get it lol

I'll pray for the rest of your shift

zeemumu

Fuckin' tell me about it, I told my boss I was taking off early today after a 9 hour shift :(

And on Friday I get to lay off union guys for a few weeks, the WORST part of my job tbh

Salary seems great until you actually get it lol

I'll pray for the rest of your shift

The worst I had was my old boss scheduling me to close and then open the following day. When I said that I'd be available anytime I thought they'd factor in not leaving at midnight and coming back a few hours later.

marrec

Banned
Dem's been sitting in on the House floor since this morning and I fucking love it.

Glad they over the day they finally learned to use Periscope.

marrec

Banned
What? 3-4 mass shootings every 2 days?

The US is currently averaging between 1 and 2 mass shootings per day. It's mostly domestic violence where a man with a gun tries to kill multiple members of his family, situations that don't get a lot of coverage from the media.

Again, the deaths per day does NOT counting gang violence. Over 90 people per day are killed with guns overall, counting gang violence, suicides, homicides, and mass shootings.

According to FBI statistics:

Breaking it down further, three people are killed by a gun per hour and almost seven people are shot every 60 minutes.

marrec

Banned
I knew it was bad, but holy shit.

The worst part is that we haven't had real, proper numbers on this since 1996, because the CDC stopped tracking gun violence internally then because THE NRA forced Congress to threaten to defund the CDC.

A lobbying group representing gun owners got the US congress to threaten defunding of the CDC over simply collecting facts on gun violence.

So now they have to rely on outside sources, mostly media and reports from individual police districts.

So for all we know the numbers could be much higher than we know, scientifically we have no idea.

FUME5

The worst part is that we haven't had real, proper numbers on this since 1996, because the CDC stopped tracking gun violence internally then because THE NRA forced Congress to threaten to defund the CDC.

A lobbying group representing gun owners got the US congress to threaten defunding of the CDC over simply collecting facts on gun violence.

So now they have to rely on outside sources, mostly media and reports from individual police districts.

So for all we know the numbers could be much higher than we know, scientifically we have no idea.

The NRA must be the most powerful lobby group on the planet.

zeemumu

I like a mix of stuff yo. Never been to a rave though.

To be fair there seems to be a lot more that goes into a rave aside from the music. The environment actually looks pretty fun, but I don't think I'm social enough to handle it. I'd just implode and panic and either bail or double down and see how fast I can party myself to death.

European raves seems like secret death traps.

FUME5

To be fair there seems to be a lot more that goes into a rave aside from the music. The environment actually looks pretty fun, but I don't think I'm social enough to handle it. I'd just implode and panic and either bail or double down and see how fast I can party myself to death.

European raves seems like secret death traps.

I MC'd at one or two jungle raves back in the day, which I much prefer from being on drugs and in the crowd, I don't really do dancing.

Almost knocked a guy out when he shoved a kermit the frog hand puppet in my face until I realised it was coated in medic. I don't get lovey dovey on ecstasy.

zeemumu

Dancing is so much fun. I don't get the "I don't do dancing" thing. Somebody explain it to me like I'm five.

Okay

It's one of those things that becomes less fun if you don't do it well, and it's hard for a lot of people to not worry about it and just go do it. And sometimes the dance floor can be a sweaty crowded mess.

FUME5

Dancing is so much fun. I don't get the "I don't do dancing" thing. Somebody explain it to me like I'm five.

It's not how I react to music, I can't explain something so....basic to my nature?

I've played instruments, have an audio engineering degree and I freestyle. I don't dance, well, I will, but it's not a natural expression.

zeemumu

I feel like learning to waltz and attending a masquerade would be cool. And then I interrupt the masquerade dressed as a large skeleton and force them to perform my handwritten opera or I'll drop the chandelier

I hope people get that reference.

think about how you don't get "I don't do dancing"

now apply that same lack of understanding to dancing

Oh, cool, now I get it. Thus everybody should learn to love dancing! :D

that's how it works, right?

It's not how I react to music, I can't explain something so....basic to my nature?

I've played instruments, have an audio engineering degree and I freestyle. I don't dance, well, I will, but it's not a natural expression.
That's interesting. So, like, when music starts playing you don't even want to start tapping your feet or drumming your fingers or anything?

Okay

It's one of those things that becomes less fun if you don't do it well, and it's hard for a lot of people to not worry about it and just go do it. And sometimes the dance floor can be a sweaty crowded mess.
Don't you dare use Highschool Musical against me :mad:

You have to dance with friends and get lost in the music. The sweat and the crowds are the draw in this case because it's less likely people are focusing on you, so you can just let loose.

I feel like learning to waltz and attending a masquerade would be cool. And then I interrupt the masquerade dressed as a large skeleton and force them to perform my handwritten opera or I'll drop the chandelier

I hope people get that reference.

That's on a whole other level and also fun.

But sorry the reference escapes me at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom