• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 7: The Dark Thirst Rises

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xiao Hu

now mostly steam but I haven't played anything in a while.
there's also such a thing as offline gaming, even if many peepz don't believe it.

Oh I remember you were complaining about Witcher 3 (I regret not taking this one with me to Shanghai honestly) not running properly on your rig. So no consoles/handhels?

jb1234

Oh I remember you were complaining about Witcher 3 (I regret not taking this one with me to Shanghai honestly) not running properly on your rig. So no consoles/handhels?

Forgot to mention your pic with the cat was cute. I'd make out with you for sure.

*goes there*

Aww, I was kinda hoping it was something.

Liar, offline gaming died in 2010 I went to the funeral.

you can play GOG games offline.
and I still like some older games. ps2 never dies. finding a partner to spend nights playing Champions of Norrath together is a life goal of mine.

marrec

Banned
and I still like some older games. ps2 never dies. finding a partner to spend nights playing Champions of Norrath together is a life goal of mine.

Champions of Norrath was such a surprise at the time, before release I would have bet anyone 100 bucks that it would suck but it was about to carve out it's own little legacy aside from Everquest.

Did you ever play the Dark Alliance games?

Me and a mate played the fuck out of that game back in the day.

Same, we had basically just got over our Everquest addiction and got sucked into Champions of Norrath.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I'm eagerly awaiting the Stardew Valley macOS release so that I don't have to virtual machine to play it.

Such an amazing game.

Champions of Norrath was such a surprise at the time, before release I would have bet anyone 100 bucks that it would suck but it was about to carve out it's own little legacy aside from Everquest.

Same, we had basically just got over our Everquest addiction and got sucked into Champions of Norrath.

Speaking of

kind of silly that you need the Steam authenticator now for selling summer sale cards. I'm not interested in Yet Another App, so I guess 'free money' is out. Oh well, I've got popcorn and some Rambo to watch. Boosh.

What are your top 3 all time games?
hm this is always hard. I can't do this. there are too many unique and cool games out there.
in no particular oder but:
Planescape Torment, SotC, Spec Ops: The Line...Witcher 1+3 are also right up there. and FF7. obviously also Bioshock but I can see its flaws too now. and Dark Souls 1 but I never got past O&S :S Undertale was great too. aand Champions for coop action.

Me and a mate played the fuck out of that game back in the day.
same here!

I did but I always liked Champions more since you had more liberty in making your character

Jobbs

Banned
hm this is always hard. I can't do this. there are too many unique and cool games out there.
in no particular oder but:
Planescape Torment, SotC, Spec Ops: The Line...Witcher 1+3 are also right up there. and FF7. obviously also Bioshock but I can see its flaws too now. and Dark Souls 1 but I never got passed O&S :S Undertale was great too. aand Champions for coop action.

Respectable... If I had to make a top 3 I'd probably say Dark Souls, The Last of Us, and Super Metroid. Close runner ups are Don't Starve and Shadow of the Colossus

I still need to try Spec Ops the Line. I don't even know what it's about except horrors of war or something.

post-45308-thank-you-my-good-man-gif-Imgu-L4pd.gif

Fine choice. I think the VIII soundtrack needs a re-listen right about now

I think I actually have this when my brother bought me it years ago.

FUME5

I find it impossible to rank any of the media I've consumed into any sort of top ten style list.

I mean, I have literally played thousands of videogames.

Granadier

I find it impossible to rank any of the media I've consumed into any sort of top ten style list.

Same. Whenever the question of favorites or tops comes up I have a hard time answering.

My favorite co-op game is Hunter: The Reckoning tbh

Why don't we have more co-op games like CoN and Hunter?

Unfortunately the money went elsewhere. The best couch co-op game lately I think is Diablo.

Respectable... If I had to make a top 3 I'd probably say Dark Souls, The Last of Us, and Super Metroid. Close runner ups are Don't Starve and Shadow of the Colossus

I still need to try Spec Ops the Line. I don't even know what it's about except horrors of war or something.

I honestly am soo fed up with the TLoU hype. like...it's not the first emotional gripping game. it had a cute face but get over it people.
I'm not sure you'd like Spec Ops. I obviously think it's genius. especially taking developer choices and circumstances into account here but a lot of people get hung up on the mechanics that honestly aren't top notch. (which is pretty trivial imo)
but the less you know the better if you want to play it.

FUME5

My favorite co-op game is Hunter: The Reckoning tbh

Why don't we have more co-op games like CoN and Hunter?

Yeah? Had a good premise but for me it got boring as fuck very quickly.

Still finished it and it's far inferior sequel.

Unfortunately the money went elsewhere. The best couch co-op game lately I think is Diablo.

Divinity: Original Sin is the best couch co-op game on a console that I'd played in a long time.

jb1234

true. <3 and there's a new one coming up :3

I backed it! Very excited! Spec Ops is a tricky one for me. I really respect what it tried to do but as a game, I found it pretty underwhelming. It just wasn't really all that much fun and I ended up lowering the difficulty about halfway through just to finish it faster.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
Don't let the bad times erase those perfect and beautiful memories of perfectly timed shotgun blasts at Houdini splicers.

Jobbs

Banned
I honestly am soo fed up with the TLoU hype. like...it's not the first emotional gripping game. it had a cute face but get over it people.
I'm not sure you'd like Spec Ops. I obviously think it's genius. especially taking developer choices and circumstances into account here but a lot of people get hung up on the mechanics that honestly aren't top notch. (which is pretty trivial imo)
but the less you know the better if you want to play it.

The game got under my skin and I kept thinking about it for days afterward. That has to mean something.

It also happens to be one of the only video games I can think of that has well executed writing and acting and character development. You don't see that much.

I eventually like to try things that left a big impression on people, that's why I've been meaning to try Spec Ops. I just want to know for myself what it is.

I backed it! Very excited! Spec Ops is a tricky one for me. I really respect what it tried to do but as a game, I found it pretty underwhelming. It just wasn't really all that much fun and I ended up lowering the difficulty about halfway through just to finish it faster.

me too!
I think it has a problem with expectation since everyone hyped it so much back in the day.
that's why I said the less you know, the better. I still think a lot of visual stuff is pretty outstanding. also all the references. and the music<333

Granadier

Divinity: Original Sin is the best couch co-op game on a console that I'd played in a long time.

Oh yeah, I forgot they released that on console. That game is a blast to play with a friend.

---

I'm starting a fresh Pillars save. Who should I model my character after this time?

marrec

Banned

D:OS was great...

Now I just need someone to play it with on the couch.

*stares wistfully at the empty spot on his couch*

Need to put on my Tinder profile:

"only DOTF if you'll play Divinity: Original Sin w/ me"

Yeah, but games is easy:

Half-Life
Starcraft
Deus Ex

I would love to add Mass Effect 1 on account of the massive hype I had for it though. But the reason I list these three is because these are the ones (except for DX. Much reinstalled but little played) I return to on occasion. Half-Life is probably legit the best game ever made though. Perhaps not 'designed' because it literally took twelve years to patch (which is where Steam comes from), but ultimately the most refined in terms of gameplay serving story, not some halfway hybrid or whatever.

Spec Ops the Line is great as a game that needed to be made though, because of that whole praising violence (against actual humans that is) in Call of Duty.

FUME5

I'm starting a fresh Pillars save. Who should I model my character after this time?

Me. I was going to model mine after someone in this thread but couldn't choose, a moon Godlike named Illuna it is.

D:OS was great...

Now I just need someone to play it with on the couch.

*stares wistfully at the empty spot on his couch*

Need to put on my Tinder profile:

"only DOTF if you'll play Divinity: Original Sin w/ me"

A bold strategy Cotton.

is there a finger nail color setting in pillars? I can't remember.

otherwise you can't have me in your party

He can put you in as classic Jobbs.

Yeah, but games is easy:

Half-Life
Starcraft
Deus Ex

Many things built on the templates of those games are superior to their original inspiration.

Many things built on the templates of those games are superior to their original inspiration.

Them be fighting words!

John-Rambo-69283.gif

But as much as I also like games that came after that, I don't like them to the same degree. They don't surprise me or challenge my problem solving ability, which I still got from those games at least. Braid was neat in that regard though.

Also, "Freeze under the shower" :

laqvs_batman_et_robin_mr_freeze.jpg

Qu'est ce fuck

What is that list anyway? People making random posts? :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom