• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 8: Overthirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jobbs

Banned
The generation that has aged the absolute worst.

16 bit remains timeless and unbothered by time.

that opinion's not valid, you must just want attention!

I can't name one game on N64 that looks good and has any great sense of art design. Not one. on SNES I can name many, and even some on NES.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
the mechanics might be interesting but holy was N64 such a shit console

ywQUh0s.gif

jb1234

I can't name one game on N64 that looks good and has any great sense of art design. Not one. on SNES I can name many, and even some on NES.

I can think of a few but none of them are 3D.

End it.

Also, the controller for the N64 is the worst controller ever designed. There's no defending it objectively.

jb1234

Which? I can't even think of any 2D games that look very good. Maybe Paper Mario. That'd be it.

Yoshi's Story, I guess. Even though the game was ass. I never owned an N64 (skipped from SNES to PSX) so I wasn't exposed to it a great deal. My dad had one but I wasn't over there often.

zeemumu

Didn't realize you hated Paper Mario's art design that much.

Jobbs

Banned
Okay sorry that consoles in the 90's didn't have the technology of newer, sleeker consoles

SNES had lower tech than N64 but the games looked great :D

Didn't realize you hated Paper Mario's art design that much.

I don't. I already pointed out that it's probably the only good looking game that existed in N64's library.

Again, I recognize the need for these growing pains to happen. But it's still a really bad console IMO, not just because of the tech, but sensibilities around game design and art design were in kind of a bad place in that era

oh gosh I need to go back to work. I have so much free time right now since my company has all the other interns doing most stuff and it's not good. instead of using the time I just become lazier and less motivated to do anything ,_, I need a task or something.

zeemumu

I don't. I already pointed out that it's probably the only good looking game that existed in N64's library.

Again, I recognize the need for these growing pains to happen. But it's still a really bad console IMO, not just because of the tech, but sensibilities around game design and art design were in kind of a bad place in that era

You need to play more bad consoles then. N64 is nowhere on my list of worst consoles.

Jobbs

Banned
oh gosh I need to go back to work. I have so much free time right now since my company has all the other interns doing most stuff and it's not good. instead of using the time I just become lazier and less motivated to do anything ,_, I need a task or something.

learn programming and help me with this crap!

You need to play more bad consoles then. N64 is nowhere on my list of worst consoles.

It is for me. I can't think of many worse, unless we go to the really wierd ones I don't know much about, especially pre-NES

IHaveIce

Banned

you could be my personal driver. Honestly I'm getting way to lazy to drive by myself. you would need to wear a hat though

Misha

Banned
Isidewith.com's discussion thing at the bottom might be worse than YouTube comments. Worst part is those are their exact views rather than an exaggeration of them to get a rise out of someone

By a Green voter in Minneapolis said:
“I don't care about femmies, and lezzies wanting to merry, and live together. I really would have little about femmies, and lezzies if they didn't pose the risk to public health that they do, and I'm referring specifically to their disgusting physical activities! The rectum is NOT a sexual organ, and should never be used that way! I want to the sodomy activities of these groups stop!”

in response to “Do you support the legalization of same sex marriage?”

IHaveIce

Banned
Isidewith.com's discussion thing at the bottom might be worse than YouTube comments. Worst part is those are their exact views rather than an exaggeration of them to get a rise out of someone

Pff Ass is life
confession time...I don't even have a car
or a driver's license. I'm afraid of operating larger vehicles ;_;

Wtf. A former Girlfriend of mine was exactly the same, so far nobody I've met understood or shared her view. And now you are the same?

You seem to be the perfect pick for me then. From now on you are my personal driver.

Timu

Being worse than YouTube comments is an accomplishment, also that's a ridiculous comment coming from him.

zeemumu

It is for me. I can't think of many worse, unless we go to the really wierd ones I don't know much about, especially pre-NES

There are plenty. My only complaint with the N64 is the controller that requires 3 hands to fully utilize. Luckily most games were able to work around that. But outside of that, I don't see much of an issue. The games were fun and memorable. By today's standards the 3D models weren't great but back then they were okay since they were some of the first. I don't classify that as a growing pain. I'd classify the Virtual Boy as a growing pain since it wasn't very successful in its own time so it doesn't get the tech handicap bonus.

confession time...I don't even have a car
or a driver's license. I'm afraid of operating larger vehicles ;_;

Any reason in particular or you just don't like the feel?

Pff Ass is life

Wtf. A former Girlfriend of mine was exactly the same, so far nobody I've met understood or shared her view. And now you are the same?

You seem to be the perfect pick for me then. From now on you are my personal driver.

well it's scary T_T people could die D:::
how does this make me the perfect pick lol?

IHaveIce

Banned
well it's scary T_T people could die D:::
how does this make me the perfect pick lol?

I had like 3 bad traffic accidents already, I'm prepared.

So if I'm late or don't show up to meetings I can say "my driver is at fault, she refuses to drive cars or get a license"
Seems like a perfect excuse

I had like 3 bad traffic accidents already, I'm prepared.

So if I'm late or don't show up to meetings I can say "my driver is at fault, she refuses to drive cars or get a license"
Seems like a perfect excuse

see, that's what I'm afraid of D:

haha clever boy! I should really work on overcoming that fear though. that could be my task! except getting a license in Germany is super expensive :/

I got half way through driving lessons and then got bored >_>

Also N64 has the best Zelda just saying
Majora's Mask

Also I just wrote a big thing on Facebook about politics I hope people like it c:

Also you should also listen to my friend's band Haters

zeemumu

I relied on taking the bus/walking up until around midway through high school. For me, the worst thing about driving is parking. I usually run into one of two problems: either it's impossible to find a space (usually on campus or somewhere popular with free parking) or it's expensive (Disneyland and Universal charge $18 just to park for the day and I don't have free parking on my pass anymore).

Also N64 has the best Zelda just saying
Majora's Mask

clint-eastwood-nod-of-approval.gif

Getting a license in most of Europe seems prohibitively expensive and a huge time sink.

Here in the US, you can literally just walk into a DMV, take a driving test, and then pay like $40 for your license if you pass. You aren't required to take classes if you're 18 or over.

Jobbs

Banned
Getting a license in most of Europe seems prohibitively expensive and a huge time sink.

Here in the US, you can literally just walk into a DMV, take a driving test, and then pay like $40 for your license if you pass. You aren't required to take classes if you're 18 or over.

And the tests are very easy

Basically you can be an idiot and not know how to drive + be legal to drive

I was a bit crazy when I was young and I liked driving fast and that stuff... now I am always a bit scared of driving (this is, after all, the only time in my day I have a realitsic chance of being smashed by two tons of metal at any moment) and I dislike it

IHaveIce

Banned
see, that's what I'm afraid of D:

haha clever boy! I should really work on overcoming that fear though. that could be my task! except getting a license in Germany is super expensive :/

I never was hurt though, I'm like in Unbreakable. Though getting new cars everytime sucks.

In my experience, only if you want it, driving CAN be really stressfull, but if you want it and have some one as a co driver who keeps you calm it will be easy. :)

But yeah getting a license here is expensive, and now add even more money if you want your own car.

OH and PS: don't try to overcome that fear when you moved to Hamburg, people are driving crazy here.

Damn. I had to do lots of lessons and payed like 500€ and that is already considered cheap by many.

zeemumu

I got mine when I was 16, so I ran the whole gauntlet of classes where they show you videos of horrible car accidents, written tests, and 30+ hours of learner's permit training before I was actually able to take the driving tests. The most important thing that I learned is that location matters in taking the actual test, and after you pass you can throw most of what you learned out the window.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom