• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 8: Overthirst

Status
Not open for further replies.
10:48 really isn't the time to be mulling over the options of taking my chances with my current CS path, pulling magic out of my ass and going into engineering at the last minute

How are your math abilities/interests? CS is all discrete/number theory/graph theory and all the engineering I've seen is calculus and differential equations.

FloatOn

I hate this perspective

Why does pop-punk sound like it's made for teenagers? Why be so condescending about it?

Do you not agree that certain music appeal more to certain demographics?

Pop-punk is specifically designed for teenagers that are still developing a sense of what it is to have romantic feelings, or suffering the fallout from such things. The lyrical content usually hasn't matured much past that.

The instrumentation is simple, energetic and repetitive which also appeals to the shorter attention spans of the youth.

It's not a bad thing. Teenagers need music too and it can help their development but at some point tastes should mature.

I was just shocked by how much things have stayed exactly the same after all this time. And it's really weird to hear something so nasal from a 44 year old man.

I tend to prefer bands that evolve their sound album after album.

Xiao Hu

My mood is so shitty I don't even look forward to my new tattoo tomorrow. Damn, this was supposed to be an opportunity to relax...

Xiao Hu

Thank God they were able to arrange a flight today. I mean it's still more than 12 hours later than the orginal date buuuuut...

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
13606716_725654974204611_8978055928891121752_n.jpg

I love my family

They had no idea I wasn't a virgin (like we never talked about it) and my mom was like "WHO? WHEN?"

Bitch you crazy if l you think I'm gonna talk to you about that

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
How are your math abilities/interests? CS is all discrete/number theory/graph theory and all the engineering I've seen is calculus and differential equations.

Yep. CS will usually be discrete, statistics, and some calculus. Engineering will be all of that plus heavy physics, differential equations, and more.

why is everyone married :mad: this makes me sick

also pop punk is love pop punk is life.

Marry me

Pop-punk is specifically designed for teenagers that are still developing a sense of what it is to have romantic feelings, or suffering the fallout from such things. The lyrical content usually hasn't matured much past that.

The instrumentation is simple, energetic and repetitive which also appeals to the shorter attention spans of the youth.

It's not a bad thing. Teenagers need music too and it can help their development but at some point tastes should mature.

I was just shocked by how much things have stayed exactly the same after all this time. And it's really weird to hear something so nasal from a 44 year old man.

This is somewhat insulting to me and a lot of my friends thanks

why is everyone married :mad: this makes me sick

also pop punk is love pop punk is life.

z5iJzeg.png

And I'm not married, and probably never will be :c

Jobbs

Banned
I'm a bit shell shocked because of the bombs going off outside until like 4am

Heheh

I don't agree

This is also hugely overgeneralizing since different bands you could call "pop punk" are quite a bit different from eachother

Granadier

Great example of why I absolutely hate judging people based on their musical tastes. Leave it alone and let people listen to music that they enjoy.

I think I'd be equipped to do either.

Do you have a career picked out that would require a computer engineering degree, or are you more just interested in the learning aspect?
Either reason is fine for choosing engineering. One of my good friends is in the engineering course simply because he wants to learn those things that he couldn't teach himself.
It's extremely rigorous though, so be prepared for multiple 19+ credit semesters and all of your time being spent on homework.

zeemumu

Do you have a career picked out that would require a computer engineering degree, or are you more just interested in the learning aspect?
Either reason is fine for choosing engineering. One of my good friends is in the engineering course simply because he wants to learn those things that he couldn't teach himself.
It's extremely rigorous though, so be prepared for multiple 19+ credit semesters and all of your time being spent on homework.

The only real problem is that I'm too deep into my CS degree so I may as well see this through before deciding on anything else. CS seems more programming-heavy than the others which fit my other goal of having a degree useful for a well-paying job while also being able to program for video games.

zeemumu

I picked up a minor in CS on my math degree because I only discovered in third year that I loved it.

Oops, double post.

I could feasibly do the opposite (minor in math) without much extra effort as far as taking extra math courses goes. But I'm already pretty badly behind schedule in college so I'll leave it as is for now. I only really need 2 more math classes after this.

my core is so sore from working out yesterday that I just coughed and it hurt real nice

gonna take a bath :(

The pain of accomplishment.

And on that music argument...I'm gonna side with pro-Pop Punk. It's a nice genre that I can find something in regardless of whether I want music to relax to or productivity music.

Granadier

I have yet to do any calculus— but I mostly do text processing.

In college I meant.

Sorry to offend you pop punk fans :D

I won't go into it any further

It wouldn't have mattered what genre your comment was related to. My reply would have been the same. Just don't judge people based on their musical tastes. It's an asshole thing to do.

Jobbs

Banned
when someone blows something up outside your window when it's broad daylight

seriously? what even are you doing down there

That's cool. I just can't relate to that anymore.

I grew up with bands like green day, mxpx, new found glory etc so I understand the appeal. I just can't hang with it these days
A very large portion of it isn't even romance stuff, off the top of my head I can think of songs about mental health, death, being poor, social issues like sexism and racism, all the writer's friends being successful while they've got a shitty job because they're dedicated to the band, and being scared of skateboarding in your 20s because you might hurt yourself and drinking to counteract it >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom