• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 8: Overthirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
A friend and I were talking about Phantom Crash on the weekend while we schooled kids on Hawken.

I probably played more Phantom Crash than Phantom Dust. I love both but Phantom Crash I had to grind my money to buy the designs and better pieces. Some of the mechs were fucking tanks.

Very, very different show. Haha.

A more memorable one imho tbh.

image.php

hnnng doggy

jb1234

A more memorable one imho tbh.

I think it was far more uneven. When it hit, it scored but I found it inconsistently funny and the characters more unlikable. Definitely not a group of people I wanted to hang out with (despite their charms at times).

(The drink that caused sex dreams ep is hilarious, though.)

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I think it was far more uneven. When it hit, it scored but I found it inconsistently funny and the characters more unlikable. Definitely not a group of people I wanted to hang out with (despite their charms at times).

(The drink that caused sex dreams ep is hilarious, though.)

Lol I dont wanna hang out with the cast of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia but that doesn't make the characters bad and its perhaps part of the appeal.

Season 2 of Happy Endings was uneven tho so I give you that but Friends I only liked 1 character so yeah...

jb1234

Lol I dont wanna hang out with the cast of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia but that doesn't make the characters bad and its perhaps part of the appeal.

Season 2 of Happy Endings was uneven tho so I give you that but Friends I only liked 1 character so yeah...

See, I need likable characters in my sitcoms. I can't watch Always Sunny as a result.

(Who's the likable character in Friends for you, Joey?)

Scrubs reigns as supreme ruler of all things sitcom

Scrubs is garbo

explain yourself

QQEZtgM.jpg

Ugh

That Facebook post I mentioned is relevant to this:

Not having a mainstream voice countering the awful anti-immigration and anti-refugee rhetoric by arguing that the problems usually blamed on them is actually down huge lack of investment in the NHS, housing etc. is why the country is in the state it's in today. Voting out of the EU, followed by a huge increase in emboldened racists committing hate crimes will just be the start if we don't have an actual left wing voice.

There's an argument that elections are won from the centre, because that's how Tony Blair won and how Cameron won. Except that's garbage - Neil Kinnock lost against a massively unpopular Tory party, twice. Cameron became PM because there was a massive recession under Labour two years earlier. Miliband lost against a Tory party who have failed to meet any of their targets. The Lib Dems have never won an election. It's a nonsense argument.

Whenever the left accepts a right wing argument it's followed by a shift in political discourse to the right. We can't keep doing this. We can't keep having our supposedly left wing party abstaining on votes for bills to cut £12bn of the welfare budget, or putting out "Controls On Immigration" mugs, because every time they do it legitimises the position. We need someone like Corbyn, otherwise we'll continue to descend into fascism at a terrifying rate. We need someone to say the things he's saying here, or things will keep getting worse.

https://www.facebook.com/JeremyCorbynMP/videos/10154349631618872/

See, I need likable characters in my sitcoms. I can't watch Always Sunny as a result.

(Who's the likable character in Friends for you, Joey?)

I like laughing at awful people being awful

I can have a pretty dark sense of humour

Jobbs

Banned
I thought Phoebe was being kind of mean when she tried to break up her brother's marriage :D

I understood her concerns but the way she went about it was kinda wrongish

jb1234

I thought Phoebe was being kind of mean when she tried to break up her brother's marriage :D

I understood her concerns but the way she went about it was kinda wrongish

She makes some snide comments towards the other friends later on that come across as out of character and callous. Like, "Oh, and Ross will be there!" "Eh."

Interesting. A lot of people consider her one of the meanest, especially in later seasons.

in the earlier ones too. the problem with her was that she was so inconsistent. sometimes she was the caring hippy with higher values and sometimes she was just a selfish bitch. I like her in some episodes but in others she's just annoying

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom