• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 8: Overthirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

FloatOn

Well I just had the most neogaf thing happen to me. Out to dinner with a friend and we start talking about games and how nice it is that physical media is dying and then this kid with a pony tail and death note shirt chimes in uninvited talking about how he likes to collect and "dig through bins at a store". It was the most perplexing thing. He wasn't talking about retro games either. He was talking about current gen which you have to download off a disc anyway. It was so weird. Kinda felt bad for him since he came to the restaurant by himself. Some people really need to learn social graces. I'm all for conversations with strangers but don't be belligerent about antiquated ideas.

FUME5

+ paranoid delusional

but lisa liked his hair so he's not a hobo and he got the full suite!

The full suite?

Damn, here I am, job, car, home, all handsome and shit and I'm still dying of thirst.

Well I just had the most neogaf thing happen to me. Out to dinner with a friend and we start talking about games and how nice it is that physical media is dying and then this kid with a pony tail and death note shirt chimes in uninvited talking about how he likes to collect and "dig through bins at a store". It was the most perplexing thing. He wasn't talking about retro games either. He was talking about current gen which you have to download off a disc anyway. It was so weird. Kinda felt bad for him since he came to the restaurant by himself. Some people really need to learn social graces. I'm all for conversations with strangers but don't be belligerent about antiquated ideas.

You expect social intelligence from a kid in a Death Note shirt?

To be fair, he can probably get that physical disc cheaper on sale than any digital price, and a lot of people like to have a box.

Since getting the PC last year though, I'm going more and more digital.

Numb

Look at this pimp.

Indeed he is.

Also, the essence of GAF OT right here.

Crikey.
😉
lost it at death note

Nerdkiller

Membeur
I still buy physical on console...and will continue to buy physical on console until the day physical media dies. I HOPE TO HELL IT KEEPS ON GOING FOREVER!

FUME5

the full suite!

maneater.jpg

;) I say nothing.

Oh for the love of God. You can come too.

Two lewd dudes huh.

No touching or sustained eye contact Jobbs.

Misattributed quote.

jb1234

Lunch with Dude #1. This gives me a chance to hear about all the stuff Dude #2 has been saying about me. My pick of the litter is, "Yeah, I don't know if I can deal with Josh's x, y and zs."

I AIN'T LOW MAINTENANCE, BUD. That said, he's kinda a pain in the ass himself, rigid, judgemental and always thinks he's right.

I've been advised to download the app Scruff for more man flesh. I think I'll do that tonight, before Witcher 3.

Pau

Oh boy.

I don't understand the appeal of talking to strangers to tell them they're wrong or to get into an argument.

FloatOn

Oh boy.

I don't understand the appeal of talking to strangers to tell them they're wrong or to get into an argument.

My friend and I were taken aback. We did our best to stay cordial but he just kept saying things to us. It was the most awkward dinner ever.

But like I said he was probably lonely and needed the attention or something.

Jobbs

Banned
My friend and I were taken aback. We did our best to stay cordial but he just kept saying things to us. It was the most awkward dinner ever.

But like I said he was probably lonely and needed the attention or something.

I would break into your dinner to insist vinyls sound warmer or something

jb1234

I've also been told that I need a bigger bed for the dudes. I have just a twin size. :( Well, my birthday is coming up, I guess. Grandma is usually generous.

(IT'S AUGUST 1ST, EVERYONE.)

Pau

This is what happens when you've done most of your socializing via the internet.
That makes sense. Right after I posted I thought about how I get into arguments with strangers on the internet all the time! :p

How long was he talking to you guys? D:

FloatOn

I've also been told that I need a bigger bed for the dudes. I have just a twin size. :( Well, my birthday is coming up, I guess. Grandma is usually generous.

I'm not gonna buy you a bed but I'll buy you steam games.

Jobbs

Banned
lol I like vinyl on special occasions like buying RADIOHEAD albums

I'd also inform you kindly that some songs sound better out of a jukebox, because there are people who actually believe this

tumblr_mkp90sAPfA1qf8btso1_400.gif

this you what you get when you search for shaytards gif. oh god it's all so terrible

you are going down a dark path.. come back to the light!

fun fact.. I don't even fuckin' have a bed! I threw it away because it was bothering me, and I'm too lazy so far to buy a new one. Seriously. Just too much effort choosing something and getting it into the house

I'd also inform you kindly that some songs sound better out of a jukebox, because there are people who actually believe this

you are going down a dark path.. come back to the light!

fun fact.. I don't even fuckin' have a bed! I threw it away because it was bothering me, and I'm too lazy so far to buy a new one. Seriously. Just too much effort choosing something and getting it into the house

it's so cringy. I need to redeem myself
tumblr_lqtx88hY1v1qcvq81.gif

FloatOn

How long was he talking to you guys? D:

Basically from the time he showed up until we payed. So about half of the dinner. Pretty strange guy. My friend and I changed the subject and talked about how chill the restaurant was and this kid even commented on that but by that point it was time to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom