• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 8: Overthirst

Status
Not open for further replies.
I look forward to seeing Ukglok the Terrible. =] Just how big are we talking?

This is cool. I started with a strikingly similar document and map (and in each case things definitely drifted over time as the game was actually put together!).

edit: Why is it entitled "Another Love Story"?
Haha, he'll be as big as seems reasonable at the time. I don't expect to actually work on that part of the game for another year at least.

It's called another love story because the first draft on this iteration was called a love story. It has no relation to the plot. I just already have half a dozen files named hag magnate plot or moon magnate plot, so I wanted something completely off the wall.

There was a good reason for naming the character Rime but I can't remember now.

Did you happen to be hungry for bacon when you wrote this? :p
Haha no. The family name has been Bacon since November and I just wrote that last night.

FloatOn

both of you are so inspiring! so cool to see the development process as it unfolds.

I started to read a book on how to get unblocked creatively but it scared the shit out of me and so I stopped. It seems I'm addicted to my comfortable and creatively bankrupt life.

I'm going to start reading that book again soon and I really hope that creativity in some capacity becomes a thing in my life.

It's a delicate balance to convince them that you don't like being tickled but not so much that they stop altogether because you're addicted to their touch.

She was rubbing my side by my hip and I kinda clenched a little and she was all "you're ticklish?" and I was all "noooooooooo leave me alone" but of course she didn't

Jobbs

Banned
Haha, he'll be as big as seems reasonable at the time. I don't expect to actually work on that part of the game for another year at least.

It's called another love story because the first draft on this iteration was called a love story. It has no relation to the plot. I just already have half a dozen files named hag magnate plot or moon magnate plot, so I wanted something completely off the wall.

You should let me design something in your game >:]

both of you are so inspiring! so cool to see the development process as it unfolds.

I started to read a book on how to get unblocked creatively but it scared the shit out of me and so I stopped. It seems I'm addicted to my comfortable and creatively bankrupt life.

I'm going to start reading that book again soon and I really hope that creativity in some capacity becomes a thing in my life.

it's never too late to start creating. I think I've said this before but I didn't start drawing until I was in my 20s and I didn't start my first baby steps into game dev until I was I think 29.

now I'm making a game and occasionally drawing lewd pictures of forum members! it's great

Misha

Banned
Thoughts on episodic games where each episode is more episodic than serial?

Think over the garden wall or the odyssey. A series of vignettes that do follow a timeline but individually wrap up their arcs within the episode.

Paper Mario kinda does it but think even more separate than that. Can't think of any games that quite do it this way

Numb

I'm back!
Sorry couldn't post due to Ramadan and the lewd going in here. That orange and fingers. Damn
Wassup

You should let me design something in your game >:]

Okay. Email me or whatever and we'll work something out.

I love it, but I'm also a workaholic so I always feel the need to be working on something. I wish I were better at relaxing. Let us know if you ever get back into that! :)

Super Mario RPG is enjoyable but really hard if you have no idea how to adapt to an ever changing fight.

StarTropics main protagonist uses a yo yo, which is interesting to play with.

FloatOn

Josh!

Thanks for Flywrench :D

that was extremely kind of you. I was a big fan of the freeware version back in the day. Messhof is probably indie auteur crap to most but he's cool to me damnit!

FloatOn

let me continue to be a shill for Furi

this time in gif form

furi_perfect_parry_by_digi_matrix-da8zu45.gif

look at that.

all for the price of FREE*

*on PS4

jb1234

Josh!

Thanks for Flywrench :D

that was extremely kind of you. I was a big fan of the freeware version back in the day. Messhof is probably indie auteur crap to most but he's cool to me damnit!

Glad you like it! I was watching the videos and thinking that now I gotta get it, haha.

I could never play old games

They just look so dated, I've been spoilt :(

There's a charm to those SNES RPG from Square that I can't put into words. A older childhood friend that comes by and visits you unexpectedly. The friend looks a little worse for wear, but they still have that magical personality that brought you to them in the first place. Conversation with them brings back so many good memories that you held so closely to your heart after all those years.

I downloaded Furi. Might try and play it with my brother when he gets back in town. BF doesn't want to.

Me neither.

Feel free to add the vagina plant if you want. After all, not much use for a penis plant if you don't also have a vagina plant.

ynydAIP.gif
No. The thewsong flower is a potion ingredient and I already have that whole system worked out. The vagina flower won't mesh with any of the environments I'm planning.

jb1234

I downloaded Furi. Might try and play it with my brother when he gets back in town. BF doesn't want to.

No. The thewsong flower is a potion ingredient and I already have that whole system worked out. The vagina flower won't mesh with any of the environments I'm planning.

Aw. But it's a vagina plant, Lili!

There's a charm to those SNES RPG from Square that I can't put into words. A older childhood friend that comes by and visits you unexpectedly. The friend looks a little worse for wear, but they still have that magical personality that brought you to them in the first place. Conversation with them brings back so many good memories that you held so closely to your heart after all those years.

Your write up is beautiful! <3

That charm, the nostalgia, I understand is really important. But for me the nostalgia is for the GameCube, Twas my first console.

I guess when you're born and raised with is a huge factor

Is it common for non traditional values to be expressed in country music? I honestly have no idea, but I remember the dixie chicks being nearly brought to ruin for coming out against bush

Kacey Musgraves is about the only mainstream country artist I can think of who makes pretty subversive modern country music.

She's also incidentally the only modern mainstream country artist I can stand.

Jobbs

Banned
Devs usually hide lots of lewd in games?

I have all kinds of horribly stupid shit hidden in my game. It's actually shocking.

Most of the absolute dumbest stuff has such specific requirements to see that I am unsure many people ever will, but the cock plant is not very hidden and many will find it.

Numb

I have all kinds of horribly stupid shit hidden in my game. It's actually shocking.

Most of the absolute dumbest stuff has such specific requirements to see that I am unsure many people ever will, but the cock plant is not very hidden and many will find it.
Gigs of lewd hidden
more than gigs?
Who can find it all. It's a race

Devs usually hide lots of lewd in games?
I don't know about lewd, but lots of references for sure. For example, every location in my game is either a pun or a Jabberwocky reference. And if you translate the writing in the runes on the wall, you'll find all sorts of jokes.

If you translate the text in Zelda games a lot of it is the devs goofing off. I know Breath of the Wild for example has an all your base are belong to us reference.

Jobbs

Banned
My game is full of stuff where you could find something silly but the chances of you finding it without being told specifically how are incredibly small.

E.g., most of them hinge on having very arbitrary requirements + standing in a specific spot and waiting. For example, have this exact amount of ammo and this exact amount of health then stand in this spot for 30 seconds and a baby will fall on your head. or whatever.

Numb

I don't know about lewd, but lots of references for sure. For example, every location in my game is either a pun or a Jabberwocky reference. And if you translate the writing in the runes on the wall, you'll find all sorts of jokes.

If you translate the text in Zelda games a lot of it is the devs goofing off. I know Breath of the Wild for example has an all your base are belong to us reference.
Always dug in game languages hiding stuff if translated
Adds to the game for those that go for it and doesn't take away from those that don't

jb1234

My game is full of stuff where you could find something silly but the chances of you finding it without being told specifically how are incredibly small.

E.g., most of them hinge on having very arbitrary requirements + standing in a specific spot and waiting. For example, have this exact amount of ammo and this exact amount of health then stand in this spot for 30 seconds and a baby will fall on your head. or whatever.

Is there a hint hotline we'll get to call?

(At $3.99 a minute, no doubt.)

Jobbs

Banned
Is there a hint hotline we'll get to call?

(At $3.99 a minute, no doubt.)

nah, it's mainly to amuse myself and people I know. plus if I'm so fortunate that the game is a success it'll be cool for any fans I'm lucky enough to have to discover some of these things down the road.

jb1234

Unrelated but it's been so long since I've posted something musical of mine, I might as well indulge my ego.

Here's the song that I have been writing for the last two months, performed by me and a colleague of mine!

Ah Sunflower

Jobbs

Banned
Unrelated but it's been so long since I've posted something musical of mine, I might as well indulge my ego.

Here's the song that I have been writing for the last two months, performed by me and a colleague of mine!

Ah Sunflower

really cool =] very pretty

also you killed the thread by posting this, not sure most can handle it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom