• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 8: Overthirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nerdkiller

Membeur
tumblr_mpyx4gHd9y1rdqbfro1_500.gif
ZmsfzSN.gif

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I enjoy the prequels too, BTW. I would even argue that their setting and characters are better than the OT, even if the writing is worse.

I found a teaching job nearby. Applied for it this morning. Life is definitely at a crossroads right now...

Misha

Banned
#celibacy4life

I enjoy the prequels too, BTW. I would even argue that their setting and characters are better than the OT, even if the writing is worse.
Yeah that's my opinion too. OT was very straight forward and it was direction set design acting etc that carried it and prequels sucked at all of that but had an interesting overall plot. I consider it more of the rise of palpatine than the rise of Vader.

Nerdkiller

Membeur

I found a teaching job nearby. Applied for it this morning. Life is definitely at a crossroads right now...
I'll be honest...I thought Episode VII was quite unimaginative compared to the Prequels. They at least they had some working foundation going on throughout, even if they were executed haphazardly. Ep. VII was now that I think about it, a shockingly shallow Star Wars movie.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Exactly.

ALL of Star Wars is shit. Except the Kotor games.
I used to think this because of how overrated it is but Star Wars has some really nice concepts going for it that I warmed up to over time, and now I understand its widespread appeal. Its hammy writing and goofy aliens still don't sit right with me, but I do love the series on a conceptual level now. Space knights/samurai, space wizards, uniquely designed sci-fi setting, easily identifiable characters... etc.

The KotOR games are fantastic though

Misha

Banned
I used to think this because of how overrated it is but Star Wars has some really nice concepts going for it that I warmed up to over time, and now I understand its widespread appeal. Its hammy writing and goofy aliens still don't sit right with me, but I do love the series on a conceptual level now. Space knights/samurai, space wizards, uniquely designed sci-fi setting, easily identifiable characters... etc.

The KotOR games are fantastic though
That's pretty much where I'm at now but I used to love it. Over time I realized I like the concept more and the actual movies don't do as much for me
Though the lack of important aliens always annoyed me
Misha! My new match is wearing huge white thingies on his legs in one of his pics. Some sports gear. Hockey?? 😮
Look up hockey goalies. He's probably wearing goalie pads.

SolVanderlyn

There's literally two other "this kind of food is bad" threads RIGHT THERE. I think a mod or two has it out for me

Oooopps

You're welcome into my steak thread tho
Nah bruh. I don't even anymore. I just don't even

Today in maintenance, people using Nutella to eat ass

This story has me cry laughing honestly

Also there's a story about some dude getting his dick cut with a steak knife I'm dying

Xiao Hu

I'll be honest...I thought Episode VII was quite unimaginative compared to the Prequels. They at least they had some working foundation going on throughout, even if they were executed haphazardly. Ep. VII was now that I think about it, a shockingly shallow Star Wars movie.

This. The visuals were nice but the rest of the movie was mediocre fanservice whose sole purpose was to cash into a fanbase that was hungry for a sequel for about a decade.

And btw, fuck Disney for killing off Extended Universe. EU had some really interesting stuff going on and enough material that would have made VII ashamed of its own existence

That's pretty much where I'm at now but I used to love it. Over time I realized I like the concept more and the actual movies don't do as much for me
Though the lack of important aliens always annoyed me

Look up hockey goalies. He's probably wearing goalie pads.
He is!! U so smart. Thanks❤️

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
No trab goalies are like drummers or garbagemen. You're glad they exist but what they do is too boring to care about.

marrec

Banned
Like directly from the jar? I'm trying to understand the logistics.

I'm guessing fingers in jar, fingers on ass, fingers back in jar, fingers back on ass.

Like, they didn't disinfect whatever they were using as the nutella application device, thus contaminating all the nutella.

Misha

Banned
Naaa. They're like the bassists of hockey.
-high price of buy in
-don't have to practice with the group
-often replaced though high skill ceiling makes great ones very valuable
-considered eccentric
-does something completely different than everyone else
-sits in the back
-customizes large equipment
-can't find one when putting an amateur group together

For a hockey to band comparison:
G: drummer
D1: bassist
D2: synth
LW: Rhythm Guitar
RW: lead guitar
C: singer
Misha plays goalie? Headcanon about Misha reinforced lol
Not sure if that's good or bad :p

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
I'm guessing fingers in jar, fingers on ass, fingers back in jar, fingers back on ass.

Like, they didn't disinfect whatever they were using as the nutella application device, thus contaminating all the nutella.
You really need that much nutella? Like did the guy have a scat fetish but was too chicken?

-high price of buy in
-don't have to practice with the group
-often replaced though high skill ceiling makes great ones very valuable
-considered eccentric
-does something completely different than everyone else
-sits in the back
-customizes large equipment
-can't find one when putting an amateur group together

Not sure if that's good or bad :p

lol

MutFox

Banned

Hmmm...
Not sure about that... :|

I was with you with the Goalie/Drummer comparison though.
Also, you're a lot cooler now, now that I know you're a goalie and drummer. :p
You were cool before that too... ;P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom