• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 8: Overthirst

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm taking notes. Soon I'll be a monster and they'll send me to stop you.

89c.gif

in all seriousness I think I might be almost as suggestible as Lili, because now I want all the things

lol :D
it'll be like a godzilla fight only in towels. the scented candles will be your biggest weakpoint

jb1234

it's not that my people are bad, it's just that they have slowly moved to a totally different place in life than me. most of them are now married, getting married or having kids. and it's like I was so close to being that guy but then the divorce happened and derailed me. so that common ground is basically non-existant now. and what's worse is that their life serves as a constant reminder of how it didn't work out with my ex.

I'm not doing myself any favors either by working and going to school full time. I don't have a ton of time to get out there. but something socially would be nice you know?

there is this party at a pub going on this weekend that I'll probably go to by myself and maybe I'll find some cool people to talk to but probably not.

..... I'm feeling like I've been waaaaay to transparent. burn this whole page.

Nah, it helps us to know your thought processes better. But I like being open, so... :p This is kinda one of my big fears honestly, being abandoned by friends who are moving on to the next phase in their lives (especially through marriage and kids).

Misha

Banned
I don't like taking baths. I take showers standing up in the pitch black with rock music blaring. Turn out all the lights, plug up all the doorjams with towels to keep light from seeping in. Total visual deprevation. Cold water.
I think the CIA uses that exact technique to extract information.

FloatOn

Nah, it helps us to know your thought processes better. But I like being open, so... :p This is kinda one of my big fears honestly, being abandoned by friends who are moving on to the next phase in their lives (especially through marriage and kids).

I've started over socially a couple times in my life but I feel like it was much easier to do in the teenage and 20 something phase. less responsibilities to manage = more free time to be social.

and there were always friends of friends of friends to connect and branch out with. in your 30s it's like everyone is an island and it's isolating and terrible. no real sense of community.

Jobbs

Banned
lol :D
it'll be like a godzilla fight only in towels. the scented candles will be your biggest weakpoint

damnit I need scented candles. I don't even have that.

I don't like taking baths. I take showers standing up in the pitch black with rock music blaring. Turn out all the lights, plug up all the doorjams with towels to keep light from seeping in. Total visual deprevation. Cold water.

I've heard you talk about this before and I think this is genuinely interesting. I find cold showers really difficult to deal with but the visual deprivation sounds interesting.

I've been taking baths lately because I think I've found that it's a way to relax -- I have trouble relaxing most the time.

jb1234

I've started over socially a couple times in my life but I feel like it was much easier to do in the teenage and 20 something phase. less responsibilities to manage = more free time to be social.

and there were always friends of friends of friends to connect and branch out with. in your 30s it's like everyone is an island and it's isolating and terrible. no real sense of community.

Yup. It pretty much blows. I've gotten very good at developing close online/long-distance friendships but there's nothing like being in the same room as someone, hanging out. I'm trying to branch out but now that I'm almost 36, it's proving very rough.

(Probably need more gay friends, honestly.)

Misha

Banned
Cold water I can understand isn't to most people's liking, but sensory deprivation is amazing to try.
Baths in the dark are nice :)
I can only really do cool showers at night but usually shower in the morning so I never have them. In the morning they shock my body and make me really uncomfortable

More though it was just funny that you happen to mix cold water with being in the dark and playing loud music. Now if you do 5 minutes on then 5 minutes off I might be worried :p

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member

wait how do you find your way from door to shower, and then back?

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
"The guy from the second movie"

Always getting forgotten

Jobbs

Banned
There were certain things, mostly not plot related but just look/feel related, that Terminator Salvation got so right, but it got so much wrong that it was just a shame. It was within grasp of being awesome.

FloatOn

There were certain things, mostly not plot related but just look/feel related, that Terminator Salvation got so right, but it got so much wrong that it was just a shame. It was within grasp of being awesome.

The trailer ruined that movie. It gave away the big twist!

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
I commend Terminator Salvation for nailing the visual and sound design of the universe. It was fantastic.

Other than that... garbage.

Jobbs

Banned
going to have to re-figure out how to get dressed. going out with this girl in just a bit to see Blake Lively fight sharks in a swimsuit

Terminator 2 had some iconic stuff in it but I never liked the idea of the liquid metal terminator. Felt like a gimmick to show off their groundbreaking CG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom