• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 8: Overthirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

FloatOn

What are you after? A hookup? A relationship? Do you feel ready for the latter?

I was lowkey in love with this girl for like 10 years

the difficulty is that she has such a large social network and hanging out is extremely difficult to schedule. I'm also very busy so it would be difficult.

but I do think we'd be a good match. she is one of the few people that actually gets me.

Numb

You like her and she gets you.
Time to initiate. What the worst that could happen?
You don't wanna wait another decade tbh

Misha

Banned
Hmmm...
Not sure about that... :|

I was with you with the Goalie/Drummer comparison though.
Also, you're a lot cooler now, now that I know you're a goalie and drummer. :p
You were cool before that too... ;P
D1: primary responsibility is holding the line and providing steady guidance for everyone else. Some occasionally fill a similar role as a forward and great ones are just as well know as great ones at other positions
D2: background supporting role. (Tbh I couldn't think of a 6th instrument)
LW: consistent support for the melody. Won't get many accolades but there's an art to what they do
RW: flashy memorable. Usually the second person who you think of in the group. Has times where they just take over in the middle and can get known outside of the context of the group
C: face of the entire thing. Often in charge of what happens out there and also likely to be able to dictate what happens off the ice. Usually the first person you think of when you consider the group

Wait I don't remember what happened last time Seth. Did you ever confess your feelings, or did you give up because she moved away? That changes my recc this time.

MutFox

Banned
D1: primary responsibility is holding the line and providing steady guidance for everyone else. Some occasionally fill a similar role as a forward and great ones are just as well know as great ones at other positions
D2: background supporting role. (Tbh I couldn't think of a 6th instrument)
LW: consistent support for the melody. Won't get many accolades but there's an art to what they do
RW: flashy memorable. Usually the second person who you think of in the group. Has times where they just take over in the middle and can get known outside of the context of the group
C: face of the entire thing. Often in charge of what happens out there and also likely to be able to dictate what happens off the ice. Usually the first person you think of when you consider the group

Still not on board... :p

The best C's have to be great 2 ways players.
Almost as if they would be the lead guitarist.
Or maybe a Singer and guitarist combo

I dunno, just seems there's too many variables to make it a perfect analogy with a band. :|

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
The solutions to all my problems 1 click away!
e3f3d0d3b1.png
5be546f8db.png

Jobbs

Banned
If she's some kind of semi popular touring musician or whatever (correct me if I'm mistaken) it's nothing I'd spend energy chasing unless I was also one of those things

I could be wrong but that's my instinct

Misha

Banned
Still not on board... :p

The best C's have to be great 2 ways players.
Almost as if they would be the lead guitarist.
Or maybe a Singer and guitarist combo

I dunno, just seems there's too many variables to make it a perfect analogy with a band. :|
Well If you go with the general trend with the rest then rhythm=defense/grit and melody= offense so just give the lead singer a tambourine :p

But the point is more that centers are the stars. Not often where other players overshadow the centers.

FloatOn

If she's some kind of semi popular touring musician or whatever (correct me if I'm mistaken) it's nothing I'd spend energy chasing unless I was also one of those things

I could be wrong but that's my instinct

yeah that's exactly the case and kind of my feeling atm

Wait I don't remember what happened last time Seth. Did you ever confess your feelings, or did you give up because she moved away? That changes my recc this time.

and yeah I told her what was up, she was flattered but said that she was moving so.... kind of thinking she isn't down but didn't want to be mean about it.

Jobbs

Banned
yeah that doesn't sound good, I would let this one go

I can't say that 100% without seeing things first hand but that's my strong instinct based on the description

Jobbs

Banned
Have any of you seen The Shallows? I keep figuring it's hard to go wrong with Blake Lively and sharks.

Choosing a movie to go to!

FloatOn

kind of feeling like I'm going to be hermit status henceforth tbh

I would like to think that when I have more time something will happen but the people I actually like are so rare that it's looking pretty bleak.

maybe I shouldn't be so specific.

Have any of you seen The Shallows? I keep figuring it's hard to go wrong with Blake Lively and sharks.

Choosing a movie to go to!

yeah I watched it this past weekend with the star wars socks girl

it's good dumb fun. the ending was kind of weak though.

She was totally letting you down easy. Sorry Seth :(

yeah, we are still friendly but it's pretty clear it isn't going to work out.

I don't get it. I have so much of my life figured out except for that. not sure what the deal is or what I need to change.

pardon me while I mope for the rest of the day

FloatOn

I'll say this Jobbs, I don't think it would be a very good date movie.

without giving too much away, the movie is kind of about her getting hurt in some pretty brutal ways.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Lettuce and Tomato, Mayo with a bit BBQ sauce sandwich. That was good. If I get hungry early at night might make some oatmeal

MutFox

Banned
Well If you go with the general trend with the rest then rhythm=defense/grit and melody= offense so just give the lead singer a tambourine :p

But the point is more that centers are the stars. Not often where other players overshadow the centers.

Seems that a lot of centres are the stars now, I'll give you that. ;P
Though a winger did win the Hart this year. :p

Misha

Banned
I find it interesting how after a style goes out of fashion and the next generation grows up to associate it with older people they assume it would make you look old. Every style when they existed were meant to look good on good looking people but becaus of our associations we have trouble recognizing that.

What we now consider old peoples styles were once rebellious and cutting edge but now they're conservative and unflattering.

And the reason I'm bringing this up is I'm going to try to make Edwardian fashion work for my game. Gonna mostly turn the dresses into blouses and overcoats but the hair is definitely going to be quite similar and the hats are going to be similar but toned down. Probably going to adapt done of the dresses to work for men too since they had boring suits back then but idk

Jobbs

Banned
I'll say this Jobbs, I don't think it would be a very good date movie.

without giving too much away, the movie is kind of about her getting hurt in some pretty brutal ways.

yeah we've known eachother a while it's not like I have to pick the movie with kid gloves haha.

if a movie not being romantic or nice or whatever hurts your date then you probably shouldn't be doing a movie to begin with

kind of feeling like I'm going to be hermit status henceforth tbh

I would like to think that when I have more time something will happen but the people I actually like are so rare that it's looking pretty bleak.

maybe I shouldn't be so specific.

yeah I watched it this past weekend with the star wars socks girl

it's good dumb fun. the ending was kind of weak though.

yeah, we are still friendly but it's pretty clear it isn't going to work out.

I don't get it. I have so much of my life figured out except for that. not sure what the deal is or what I need to change.

pardon me while I mope for the rest of the day

Having your life figured out doesn't mean anything if they're not interested in you as a person

Not saying you're a bad person, cause your great, but you're not going to scratch everyone's itch, you know? Like not everyone is gonna be interested and that's okay. It happens to all of us.

Having your life figured out doesn't mean anything if it's not a life that someone else wants to share. There are so many factors in attraction and interest, it's folly to boil things down to having life figured out. For one thing, there are myriad different kinds of mature adult you can be. For another, having your shit figured out isn't a prerequisite for everyone.

I don't know this girl so I don't know what she wants or doesn't want. But if she's not interested right now then you have to be okay with that. There's nothing worse than a guy who keeps thinking he has a chance when you feel like you've already made it quite clear that there's not.

FloatOn

Having your life figured out doesn't mean anything if it's not a life that someone else wants to share. There are so many factors in attraction and interest, it's folly to boil things down to having life figured out. For one thing, there are myriad different kinds of mature adult you can be. For another, having your shit figured out isn't a prerequisite for everyone.

I don't know this girl so I don't know what she wants or doesn't want. But if she's not interested right now then you have to be okay with that. There's nothing worse than a guy who keeps thinking he has a chance when you feel like you've already made it quite clear that there's not.

I'm pretty sure I already said I'm letting it go.

but yeah, good insight on everything else.

Misha

Banned
Having your life figured out doesn't mean anything if they're not interested in you as a person

Not saying you're a bad person, cause your great, but you're not going to scratch everyone's itch, you know? Like not everyone is gonna be interested and that's okay. It happens to all of us.

I think he's saying "why haven't I found someone yet" rather than "why doesn't she (specifically) like me". He already basically said that he gave up due to different reasons

And the answer is basically just that it's random and the only way to increase the odds is keep meeting new people (or lower your standards but personally that's not something I consider to be a good idea)

I'm pretty sure I already said I'm letting it go.

but yeah, good insight on everything else.

I know. I'm just being thorough. You have the best intentions so I'm not upset. :)

I think he's saying "why haven't I found someone yet" rather than "why doesn't she (specifically) like me". He already basically said that he gave up due to different reasons

And the answer is basically just that it's random and the only way to increase the odds is keep meeting new people (or lower your standards but personally that's not something I consider to be a good idea)
Yeah, that's a better reading than I had. And you're right. Sometimes you just keep striking out and it makes no sense, like all the bad luck Lea keeps having.

FloatOn

exactly.

thinking back on my various successes it's all been serendipity. nothing I have forced.

which is why I'm not all that bummed out. I didn't fail here. It just didn't happen. so I shouldn't be discouraged.

I think the real reason I'm down is because of a general lack of support from people in my life. basically my family are the only ones that are particularly encouraging. all my friends have their own shit going on. and other than this past weekend I haven't had any real social interaction in months.

it would be nice to have someone I was romantically entangled with be there to encourage and vice versa.

Thanks Em.

Misha

Banned
exactly.

thinking back on my various successes it's all been serendipity. nothing I have forced.

which is why I'm not all that bummed out. I didn't fail here. It just didn't happen. so I shouldn't be discouraged.

I think the real reason I'm down is because of a general lack of support from people in my life. basically my family are the only ones that are particularly encouraging. all my friends have their own shit going on. and other than this past weekend I haven't had any real social interaction in months.

it would be nice to have someone I was romantically entangled with be there to encourage and vice versa.
I know exactly what you mean only my family isn't exactly supportive.
It's nice to have someone to comfort you and reinforce your confidence and it makes it easier to feel good if you're doing the same for someone else.

jb1234

It sounds like you need better friends, honestly. I know those can be really fucking hard to find, though.

FloatOn

It sounds like you need better friends, honestly. I know those can be really fucking hard to find, though.

it's not that my people are bad, it's just that they have slowly moved to a totally different place in life than me. most of them are now married, getting married or having kids. and it's like I was so close to being that guy but then the divorce happened and derailed me. so that common ground is basically non-existant now. and what's worse is that their life serves as a constant reminder of how it didn't work out with my ex.

I'm not doing myself any favors either by working and going to school full time. I don't have a ton of time to get out there. but something socially would be nice you know?

there is this party at a pub going on this weekend that I'll probably go to by myself and maybe I'll find some cool people to talk to but probably not.

..... I'm feeling like I've been waaaaay to transparent. burn this whole page.

I don't like taking baths. I take showers standing up in the pitch black with rock music blaring. Turn out all the lights, plug up all the doorjams with towels to keep light from seeping in. Total visual deprevation. Cold water.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom