• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 8: Overthirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

jb1234

I've only dated (sorta) one person. The other person I jumped right into bed with, skipping the process altogether. I'm still friends with the dude I dated (we're texting right now) and I can't really stand the dude I slept with. I wonder what that says?

(Probably nothing.)

Jobbs

Banned
lol tell me about it. I'm really trying to filter those people out before meeting though

Want to hear something funny?

There are no hardware stores open past midnight in the village.

latest

Jobbs

Banned
why do I let all the spiders chill in my room if they don't fight off the mosquitos.
you had one job.jpg

haha :D

No. Seriously. I needed to buy a hammer the other night and I'm out walkin' around the neighborhood but... apparently there are no hardware stores open past midnight in the village.

I actually have a spider story. I was sleeping on the floor last night and I woke up with a spider on me. That's pretty much the whole story.

dralla

lol tell me about it. I'm really trying to filter those people out before meeting though

But not filtering those people out makes things fun :p If only you knew some of the weird stuff I've been through on first dates. One girl made me come pick her up (she didn't drive) and meet her whole family on the FIRST DATE.

There was also a girl who was a hardcore racist. Another who was much older then her profile claimed. One who was maybe drunk or on drugs? <3 online dating

But not filtering those people out makes things fun :p If only you knew some of the weird stuff I've been through on first dates. One girl made me come pick her up (she didn't drive) and meet her whole family on the FIRST DATE.

There was also a girl who was a hardcore racist. Another who was much older then her profile claimed. One who was maybe drunk or on drugs? <3 online dating

I've gotten a drunk one too. he told me about circles.

dralla

guys im supposed to meet a tinder girl on monday pls stop ;(

Nothing to worry about really haha. Most dates go fine, but if you meet enough people you're bound to get a few wild dates.

My last Tinder experience. I told her I wasn't interested in meeting her after we texted a little.

She then messaged me on OKCupid four times in a row (I didn't respond). Yikes

Never really had much luck with Tinder. OKCupid has been the best for me.

Nothing to worry about really haha. Most dates go fine, but if you meet enough people you're bound to get a few wild dates.

My last Tinder experience. I told her I wasn't interested in meeting her after we texted a little.

lol wtf
you wanna lick it like an oreo has been added to my library

It'll be okay, bud. Just be your charming self.

(I'd say take advantage of the accent but that probably holds little weight if everyone you date shares it.)

Only you think im charming haha <3

lmao, this would do well at /r/cringepics

I'm planning to try that so it doesn't really bother me as much as it would lol

You gotta make the best of a bad situation ;)

yes! sounds like a good plan.
and there's no harm in spending your b-day alone or with only family, especially since you can still have a party later :)

yes! sounds like a good plan.
and there's no harm in spending your b-day alone or with only family, especially since you can still have a party later :)

For a weird reason I still don't feel upset or 'betrayed' even accounting for the fact that my two "best" friends are going on holiday together on my birthday and I'm like

"Errrrrrr where's my invite 'bestie'?" Lol

I SHALL HAVE A GOOD TIME WITHOUT EM! :)

FUME5

Why? The lawyer friend I have is very methodical and precise in his communication

One or two word responses for the most part, asked if there was any small bars she wanted to check out in the suburb / district we're going to and she never really answered etc..

That's never a good sign. Good luck lolz

Hoping it's just how she is via text during work hours, more likely she was talking to several dudes though, she doesn't look the type to be short on matches.

She has khaleesi number plates though.

I've got a date with lawyer girl Wednesday, although having a text conversation with her was like pulling teeth.

Yeah, I dont bother with flaky responses. This girl ive been talking to maybe, 2 days. Shes moving into the city soon, and i said we should go out once she moves and settles in (she works here) but she said she was not moving for 3 weeks. I prefer to meet up rather than keeping up small talk for a month for nothing to happen, she agreed so its been fast tracked.

Good luck with your date, personally i dont think i could date a lawyer.

FUME5

Yeah, I dont bother with flaky responses. This girl ive been talking to maybe, 2 days. Shes moving into the city soon, and i said we should go out once she moves and settles in (she works here) but she said she was not moving for 3 weeks. I prefer to meet up rather than keeping up small talk for a month for nothing to happen, she agreed so its been fast tracked.

Good luck with your date, personally i dont think i could date a lawyer.

Good luck with yours too broski.

Her being a lawyer is a non issue...at the moment.

Good luck with yours too broski.

Her being a lawyer is a non issue...at the moment.

yeah im being very judgmental of her without knowing zero details, however, its the nature of her profession. Thats probably more on me than it is her, in reality.

Some people just suck at messaging others. About a week ago my childhood friend texted me asking about local internet packages. I responded to her within two or three minutes. Then I didn't hear back from her for four whole days.

Another friend called me after work yesterday but put me on hold about four minutes in because her boss called. Half an hour later, still on hold, I hung up. I got a text an hour later apologizing and asking if I was free to talk later that night or meet up some time this week for dinner. I immediately responded yes to both. No response. There wasn't even the usual read receipts. In fact, I didn't hear from her again until today when I texted her again.

These people are both very kind and mean the world to me, but they're a chore to communicate with over technology.

jb1234

Some people just suck at messaging others. About a week ago my childhood friend texted me asking about local internet packages. I responded to her within two or three minutes. Then I didn't hear back from her for four whole days.

Another friend called me after work yesterday but put me on hold about four minutes in because her boss called. Half an hour later, still on hold, I hung up. I got a text an hour later apologizing and asking if I was free to talk later that night or meet up some time this week for dinner. I immediately responded yes to both. No response. There wasn't even the usual read receipts. In fact, I didn't hear from her again until today when I texted her again.

These people are both very kind and mean the world to me, but they're a chore to communicate with over technology.

I can get very uptight about poor communication but with some of my friends, I've had to learn to let it go. It depends on how close we are. I'm far less tolerant if we're besties. Turning off read receipts has helped.

Jobbs

Banned

I'd be gone after 5 minutes of hold.

Guilty. In fact my friend I asked to play snooker with responded with if saturday is okay. I mean it is, but I havent gotten around to texting him back yet, he text me yesterday. No spite, but i was busy earlier and im not gonna text at 1am in fear of waking him up.

Sometimes though, I either dont know what to say or dont want to.

Guilty. In fact my friend I asked to play snooker with responded with if saturday is okay. I mean it is, but I havent gotten around to texting him back yet, he text me yesterday. No spite, but i was busy earlier and im not gonna text at 1am in fear of waking him up.

Sometimes though, I either dont know what to say or dont want to.

With texting and email, I send it when I can. If they don't want to be woken up by a late night or early morning text message then they can silence their phone during those periods. My iPhone goes into do not disturb mode between two and ten AM for this very reason. The way I figure, someone else is going to be a better judge of if they're in a good place to be disturbed than I am, so I may as well sound it now and get it on with. :)

I can get very uptight about poor communication but with some of my friends, I've had to learn to let it go. It depends on how close we are. I'm far less tolerant if we're besties. Turning off read receipts has helped.
Read receipts are different for me because I virtually always respond right after reading something (and won't open it if I'm not in a position to respond). So people who text me can generally see that I have the receipts turned on (because the previous message will still be marked read) and can therefore intuit that I haven't had time to read something yet.

The other thing is I personally try to get back to people whether or not I have all the information. IMO, "I don't know, I'll get back to you in an hour if I can" is much better than just not answering.

With texting and email, I send it when I can. If they don't want to be woken up by a late night or early morning text message then they can silence their phone during those periods. My iPhone goes into do not disturb mode between two and ten AM for this very reason. The way I figure, someone else is going to be a better judge of if they're in a good place to be disturbed than I am, so I may as well sound it now and get it on with. :)

Read receipts are different for me because I virtually always respond right after reading something (and won't open it if I'm not in a position to respond). So people who text me can generally see that I have the receipts turned on (because the previous message will still be marked read) and can therefore intuit that I haven't had time to read something yet.

Makes sense to you, but ive woken up many people during their nighttime slumber, part in parcel of being batman. (in terms of waking hours for me personally).

Read receipts can go die. Its a good thing you can turn them off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom