• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 8: Overthirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

IHaveIce

Banned
Think I've reached the point again where hookups are kinda boring and I'm annoyed by the days between dates.

Seems like I'm a relationshipkinda guy

Clydefrog

holy crap, a group of tourists just stormed on our yard, looking for Pokemon. It is crazy, app is not even officially released over here, but people are already walking around with phones in their hands.

wtf? how does this game work?

does it ask you to go somewhere IRL and find a pokemon?

wtf? how does this game work?

does it ask you to go somewhere IRL and find a pokemon?

Nope

It connects to the GPS on your phone so as you walk around / visit places pokemon will pop up that you can catch

There are also spots / landmarks to visit to collect poke balls and eggs and stuff and gyms to battle at various IRL locations. Someone made a church their gym and I battled it tonight, for example

Clydefrog

Nope

It connects to the GPS on your phone so as you walk around / visit places pokemon will pop up that you can catch

There are also spots / landmarks to visit to collect poke balls and eggs and stuff and gyms to battle at various IRL locations. Someone made a church their gym and I battled it tonight, for example

you battled a church?

dragonz :(

:)

FloatOn

Count your lucky stars that Holly isn't around to wtfpwn you all for talking shit about duckface.

Last time I made a joke about it I was satan/hitler

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
Count your lucky stars that Holly isn't around to wtfpwn you all for talking shit about duckface.

Last time I made a joke about it I was satan/hitler

A Hitler doesn't change his spots

woah I scored this Tinder match which is just lit. trying to find out what's wrong with this guy because I can't believe it yet
latest

Still awake at 3:45am so what the hell let's try Pokemon GO. Hey, they let you have blue hair. Already a better game than Miitomo. Pokemon spawning outside my house, down the street and whatnot? I guess not. Climb back into bed and try not to disturb him even though he's been sound asleep for four hours.

People making jokes about kissylips/duckface? What a ripe opportunity to change my avatar.

Okay sleep juice time. It's four in the morning and I'm not okay.

Edit: Lea I'm sure there will be something.

Numb

The more perfect they are the crazier their flaw/hobby is
Races snails or something
hope there aint anything wrong tho

Still awake at 3:45am so what the hell let's try Pokemon GO. Hey, they let you have blue hair. Already a better game than Miitomo. Pokemon spawning outside my house, down the street and whatnot? I guess not. Climb back into bed and try not to disturb him even though he's been sound asleep for four hours.

People making jokes about kissylips/duckface? What a ripe opportunity to change my avatar.

Okay sleep juice time. It's four in the morning and I'm not okay.

Edit: Lea I'm sure there will be something.

:( ya'll need to be optimistic for me

My curiosity has never been that morbid, Anthony. I can't imagine what compelled you.

Lea that Tinder date is perfect. There's only two small things wrong with him but they're negligible. Just enough to prove he's human.

Clyde we need pics.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Texted my dad happy birthday at four twenty in the morning. A minute later he replies thanks.

I'm a good daughter.
No you're not

Not with a duckface avatar

Why

What does the dark side have to offer that could possibly compel you to do this of your own free will

Duckface (also referred to as "Magnum") started in World War II by service women celebrating the defeat of Rome-Berlin-Tokyo Axis in 1945. The duckface phenomena was isolated to Britain before being popularised and brought to American audiences by Paul Mccartney in 1964. It's now seen primarily on teens and young adults because they need a face to pull and for some reason this one is the one society chose, possibly out of a subconscious self-hatred.
Well I... wasn't expecting that, interesting to know though

Xiao Hu

I had the pleasure to watch The Revenant on my flight back to Shanghai. Such a good movie, cinematographically, soundtrack and acting wise. I still have goose bumps because if the last scene with Leo starring into the camera....oh God, sooo good.

Just came back from a Highlander / Highlander 2 double feature.

It was the director's cut, unfortunately, so I missed H2 in all its original turdey glory :(

He has me for the beard already. Get on that.

I'm not even a fan of most full beards anymore but this one just kills it. at least on the pics.

edit: okay so here's the German way of dating: I went out with this guy once. I had one bottle of lemonade that was like 2 bucks and he still insisted on splitting the bill. I don't expect someone to buy me a five course meal but c'mon. it was 2 bucks. I then messaged him afterwards and the didn't reply for several days. after this half-assed show he suddenly messaged me weeks later but I already moved on. now after 1 year of no talking whatsoever he now drops me a message again. German guys seriously think you wait around for them for as long as they need to make up their mind or something. happens so often. aaaah this drives me crazy. hope the regrets are killing him rn :D

I'm not even a fan of most full beards anymore but this one just kills it. at least on the pics.

edit: okay so here's the German way of dating: I went out with this guy once. I had one bottle of lemonade that was like 2 bucks and he still insisted on splitting the bill. I don't expect someone to buy me a five course meal but c'mon. it was 2 bucks. I then messaged him afterwards and the didn't reply for several days. after this half-assed show he suddenly messaged me weeks later but I already moved on. now after 1 year of no talking whatsoever he now drops me a message again. German guys seriously think you wait around for them for as long as they need to make up their mind or something. happens so often. aaaah this drives me crazy. hope the regrets are killing him rn :D

That's like...even more frustrating than being ghosted.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member
Just came back from a Highlander / Highlander 2 double feature.

It was the director's cut, unfortunately, so I missed H2 in all its original turdey glory :(

Was it in theatre? They never do cool shit like that near me

Someone called in, so now I have to cover the customer service chatline most of the day. Not sure if I'm happy or not since it lets me relax but sometimes chat gets flooded with people so ehhhhhh

Also I tried downloading Pokemon Go and ProfessorBeef is taken wtf. Had to settle with RealProfBeef because of such ass-etry.

at this point I'm not even sure why so many dudes act like that...is it either that they're playing exremely hard to get or that they have like 5 other women on their waiting list :eek: doesn't make any sense

Oh shit oh shit she messages me, must not appear desperate. Should wait a couple of days...

Oh shit I forgot to send a message, it's been a week already, should think of an excuse. Christ it has been two weeks already, I've been busy. Well, no point in rushing now. Let's just wait for a good opportunity. Damn it has been a month, just fuck it, I'll only piss her off.

Year later: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ She was kinda cool, let's give it another shot. I heard playing hard to get was a thing.

I really have no clue why people do this, I tend to be very responsive so it frustrates me so much. It's not just men though, I can assure you that.

Oh shit oh shit she messages me, must not appear desperate. Should wait a couple of days...

Oh shit I forgot to send a message, it's been a week already, should think of an excuse. Christ it has been two weeks already, I've been busy. Well, no point in rushing now. Let's just wait for a good opportunity. Damn it has been a month, just fuck it, I'll only piss her off.

Year later: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ She was kinda cool, let's give it another shot. I heard playing hard to get was a thing.

I really have no clue why people do this, I tend to be very responsive so it frustrates me so much. It's not just men though, I can assure you that.

haha this actually sounds plausible.

yeah I guess women can be weird too. :/

Xiao Hu

Yeah, I don't know. I always respond immediately and get kind of anxious if people don't respond after one day. Especially if you can see that they were online...

IHaveIce

Banned

And I get called out for trying to pay the bill more often than not alone by myself. Wtf.

And I hate delayed messages or responses, had this happen to me aswell

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
Yeah, I don't know. I always respond immediately and get kind of anxious if people don't respond after one day. Especially if you can see that they were online...
One of my tinder guys was doing that so I deleted him off fb and unmatched him.

Supposedly going on another date tomorrow with a musician. He has band practice tonight so he hasn't been talking. Kinda need to know where we're meeting, bruh... I'll wait and see if he replies but I'm not gonna wait around. Got stuff to do tomorrow. I'll delete him too if need be.

zeemumu

I went to the local outdoor mall the other night and every last person in there with a phone was playing Pokemon Go. I walked past a guy and he just turned and said "There's a Persian over there if you're interested." I even found two of my friends from high school and we went on our own little 3 person Pokemon journey, and ended up helping to defend a friendly gym.

I need to head to the beach or something because I have virtually no water types.

Lisa why are you turning into Chance in your avatar pic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom