• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 8: Overthirst

Status
Not open for further replies.
From ptmyl

w16iJpS.gif

Jobbs

Banned
I got a letter in the mail from the family of my soon to be sister in law. They're very politely and strongly asking that I don't have any unnatural hair dye for the duration of the wedding. I feel like this is an unfair request since they are probably not asking the same of anyone who bleaches or dyes red. Am I just too tired and/or close to this to see clearly?

FWIW I was maid of honor at my best friend's wedding last year and they had no issues.

Ugh. My head.

I just wanted to highlight how much bullshit this is. Weddings ought to be about, among other things, celebrating the people in your life. It should be a place of love and acceptance. Fuck that noise.

Really awful

Also god mornig all

Breathe your smoke into my lungs
In the back of the car with you I stare into the sun
Still not too old to die young
But lovers hold on to everything
And lovers hold on to anything

I chased your love around a figure 8
I need you more than I can take
You promised forever and a day
And then you take it all away
(And then you take it all away)

tumblr_inline_o959axPRuz1t2w08d_500.gif

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Yellowcard
Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
Sugarcult
The All American Rejects
My Chemical Romance
The Used
Fall Out Boy
Blink 182
Alien Ant Farm
Paramore
Evanescence
Slipknot
Linkin Park
Korn
Three Days Grace
Jimmy Eats World
Hellogoodbye

and more shit I used to listen when many moons ago. Most has aged like milk LOL

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
I got a letter in the mail from the family of my soon to be sister in law. They're very politely and strongly asking that I don't have any unnatural hair dye for the duration of the wedding. I feel like this is an unfair request since they are probably not asking the same of anyone who bleaches or dyes red. Am I just too tired and/or close to this to see clearly?

FWIW I was maid of honor at my best friend's wedding last year and they had no issues.

This is absolute bullshit.
Are you in the wedding itself, or will you just be in the audience. Either way, they have no right to dictate what color your hair can be.

Low-top chucks with no socks is so attractive on girls. Ugh.

Granadier

this!
or not show up at all. what is this bullshit

Lil, you could just cover yourself in blue body paint and then show up in an all blue outfit.

BXuUR.jpg

---

Neither of the ladies from last night worked out. Museum girl dropped out of the conversation, and cute grad and I were going to meet for coffee this morning but she bailed.

Jobbs

Banned
alone or with ladyfriend? :0

did you totally sense a lesbian theme too???

Alone.

And YES. Anna even looks on jealously when Marnie is seen with that dude. The movie starts to flirt with themes like sexuality, abuse, and other darker things but it never discusses them fully in order to maintain its child appeal and PG rating. It felt like it was being pulled in two directions and suffered a bit because it never fully engaged its subject matter.

I still found the movie to be very good, though. Beautiful to look at. All of the art and animation was amazing. I did tear up a bit as I fell victim to its pathos; the movie is drenched in melanacholy. The ending had the subtlety of a sledgehammer but it didn't really detract too much.

Overall <3/10

Lil, you could just cover yourself in blue body paint and then show up in an all blue outfit.

BXuUR.jpg

this would be the coolest thing. I would send her a basket of German candy if she did that.

____
is it just me or does anyone else keeps running into guys/gals it didn't work out with on Tinder? it makes it even worse because now you know they're obviously single+searching for someone but that someone wasn't you :/ happened with high guy and his friend who I've been also kinda flirty with in the past.
man I really have some men-repellent inside of me or something.

FloatOn

My knee-jerk reaction is in complete agreement with all of you. It's like who wants to be told what to do right?

Upon further reflection I think this would be a great opportunity to take the high road and "play the game"

Adulthood is marked by compromises and concessions and if it is the wish of the family then I think it is important to be respectful of that. The day isn't about you

Alone.

And YES. Anna even looks on jealously when Marnie is seen with that dude. The movie starts to flirt with themes like sexuality, abuse, and other darker things but it never discusses them fully in order to maintain its child appeal and PG rating. It felt like it was being pulled in two directions and suffered a bit because it never fully engaged its subject matter.

I still found the movie to be very good, though. Beautiful to look at. All of the art and animation was amazing. I did tear up a bit as I fell victim to its pathos; the movie is drenched in melanacholy. The ending had the subtlety of a sledgehammer but it didn't really detract too much.

Overall <3/10

it wasn't even this what bothered me, I'm fine with things being suggested but when I found out
that they're fucking related
I was like wtf. it's her
granny for christ's sake.
^all this regarding the romantic tension I mean.

but yes apart from that beautiful movie, no doubt. very realistic characters.

Xiao Hu

is it just me or does anyone else keeps running into guys/gals it didn't work out with on Tinder? it makes it even worse because now you know they're obviously single+searching for someone but that someone wasn't you :/ happened with high guy and his friend who I've been also kinda flirty with in the past.

It miiiiiight be because you're insulting our mothers constantly....

Jobbs

Banned
it wasn't even this what bothered me, I'm fine with things being suggested but when I found out
that they're fucking related
I was like wtf. it's her
granny for christ's sake.
but yes apart from that beautiful movie, no doubt. very realistic characters.

Haha. Yeah. SHE didn't know that, though. It's based on a book that is somewhat darker, iirc, but I'm too lazy to do the research rn. The protagonist is so flawed and has such dark emotions inside her, particularly in the first half of the movie, that it's really upsetting. I felt awful.

And you don't have man repellent. You just expect too much from boys and their behavior.

Granadier

Weren't you talking earlier about how high-guy invited you out and then literally ignored you the whole night? I'd say your man-repellent is working perfectly in that instance.
You aren't crazy and you are very attractive. Unless you are showing up with a beheaded wombat to the dates or something, I'd suspect the outcomes recently have been out of your control.
Anyways, it's only been a couple of guys that haven't worked out. Just keep looking.

Haha. Yeah. SHE didn't know that, though. It's based on a book that is somewhat darker, iirc, but I'm too lazy to do the research rn. The protagonist is so flawed and has such dark emotions inside her, particularly in the first half of the movie, that it's really upsetting. I felt awful.

And you don't have man repellent. You just expect too much from boys and their behavior.
yeah but still...having a crush on
your grandma
is weird.

well I'm only expecting consistent+normal behaviour. like for instance if a guy asks me out I'd appreciate if he doesn't get high and ingores me all night. is that really already too much to ask for?
I just don't get why I'm receiving all these signals at first but I never get any follow-up.. looking around on Tinder seems to be more fun for them.
Weren't you talking earlier about how high-guy invited you out and then literally ignored you the whole night? I'd say your man-repellent is working perfectly in that instance.
You aren't crazy and you are very attractive. Unless you are showing up with a beheaded wombat to the dates or something, I'd suspect the outcomes recently have been out of your control.
Anyways, it's only been a couple of guys that haven't worked out. Just keep looking.

:/
also sorry to hear your date stories didn't work out!

Jobbs

Banned
yeah but still...having a crush on
your grandma
is weird.

well I'm only expecting consistent+normal behaviour. like for instance if a guy asks me out I'd appreciate if he doesn't get high and ingores me all night. is that really already too much to ask for?

hahaha.

I dunno. Sometimes I think I forget how dumb guys in that age range often are. I don't have a lot of exposure to early 20s guys these days, but if various topics in OT are any insight into the mind of the young male then it's nothing I'd want much to do with personally. :-\ I've read things in the past day that have made my mind reel.

I'm probably over generalizing though..

Also reading the stories the ladies in Girl GAF have with respect to male behavior is genuinely disturbing, and everyone seems to have those stories..

If I was a woman I'd so want to be a lesbian

hahaha.

I dunno. Sometimes I think I forget how dumb guys in that age range often are. I don't have a lot of exposure to early 20s guys these days, but if various topics in OT are any insight into the mind of the young male then it's nothing I'd want much to do with personally. :-\ I've read things in the past day that have made my mind reel.

I'm probably over generalizing though..

Nah, they're all trash.

Let's be old and bitter together.

Jobbs

Banned
Yesterday there was a topic where a guy was upset because a girl he was going on a date with had short hair when he preferred long hair so he didn't know what to do...

And today there's a thread about whether men or women are better looking and please avoid like the plague

I just hate men. I'm a man hater.

Granadier

Also reading the stories the ladies in Girl GAF have with respect to male behavior is genuinely disturbing, and everyone seems to have those stories..

Same.

Also yes, I remember that topic. Stayed far away from it and prevented myself from posting.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member

Woah bro, woah.

For every story about dudes acting disturbingly/spitefully/overbearingly, there's one for a chick. Relationships are unnatural it's no wonder humans are so bad at them.

Same.

Also yes, I remember that topic. Stayed far away from it and prevented myself from posting.

Link?

Jobbs

Banned
Woah bro, woah.

For every story about dudes acting disturbingly/spitefully/overbearingly, there's one for a chick. Relationships are unnatural it's no wonder humans are so bad at them.

I just know I can navigate the world without being harassed or bothered by anyone, I'm pretty much invisible to randoms in the public.

This is not the experience of most women, especially young women

This idea that the bad behavior of men is equaled by the bad behavior of women is kind of a shocking idea to me, btw, but needless to say I don't agree with it

Granadier

Yeah, I would have to say that the experiences are faaaar from equal.

Woah bro, woah.

Link?
Thanks to patriarchy and other shit upbringings men are still worse than women. Not saying that chicks cant be crazy but we're talking different levels here

Jobbs put it perfectly. Thanks!

Dryk

Ask your future sister-in-law. Then write them a letter politely telling them to go fuck themselves.

I'd tell them to go fuck themselves.
*fist bump*

Granadier

If you have any doubt about the shit that women deal with, make a couple of dating profiles. One with a decently attractive man, and another with a decently attractive woman.

T

Transhuman

Unconfirmed Member

You'd still get harassed if you were a lesbian...

I just know I can navigate the world without being harassed or bothered by anyone, I'm pretty much invisible to randoms in the public.

This is not the experience of most women, especially young women

This idea that the bad behavior of men is equaled by the bad behavior of women is kind of a shocking idea to me, btw, but needless to say I don't agree with it

I'm an egalitarian. I'm disgusted by everyone equally. Personally, after seeing my friends ex continue to harass him, lie to family about him being abusive, and interfere with his life after he broke up with her because she wanted a family and he didn't, it's hard to believe men have monopoly on being overbearing in a relationship. And then I read shit like that gaffer whose girlfriend would abuse him and escalated to stabbing him...

Dryk

If you have any doubt about the shit that women deal with, make a couple of dating profiles. One with a decently attractive man, and another with a decently attractive woman.
As a socially awkward and generally unattractive/not-notable man it makes my life really difficult too. I try not to be one of those people but it just makes me completely invisible -_-

(Women still probably have it worse tho)

Jobbs

Banned

I'm an egalitarian. I'm disgusted by everyone equally. Personally, after seeing my friends ex continue to harass him, lie to family about him being abusive, and interfere with his life after he broke up with her because she wanted a family and he didn't, it's hard to believe men have monopoly on being overbearing in a relationship. And then I read shit like that gaffer whose girlfriend would abuse him and escalated to stabbing him...

you're a narrowviewitarian

like I said, women can be crazy/psycho too but the extend to which women/men have to deal with abusive/manipulative/shitty behaviour is still different due to the way our society raises and shapes both sexes.

So it's not possible for females to be shitty?

Ok

not.what.any.of.us.said.

don't take this the wrong way, you're cool but sometimes I feel like you're just trying to find something to be offended about.

Jobbs

Banned
So it's not possible for females to be shitty?

Ok

If we're discussing the much different life experiences of black people and how they are assumed a criminal half the places they go and discriminated against by the police regularly and institutionally, and you came in and said "you know, my friend knows a black guy who is a total asshole" I'd tell you to shut the fuck up. TH got off surprisingly easily.

like I said, women can be crazy/psycho too but the extend to which women/men have to deal with abusive/manipulative/shitty behaviour is still different due to the way our society raises and shapes both sexes.

Not worth it

Granadier

This is going to spiral into chaos pretty quickly.

The facts exist. Nothing much to argue about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom