• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 8: Overthirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jobbs

Banned
this.
I think I'd be way to proud to change my appearance. maybe take out my piercing but that's also all I could do really. I couldn't cut out my tattoos or even let my dye fade that quickly. they need to know that it makes someone feel kinda shitty when they're expecting stuff like this. I can totally understand Lili taking the non-confrontational road but I don't necessarily think it's the best or right thing to do. it's not like a wedding entitles you to being a shithead ;p

I'd write you a letter saying you need more duck tattoos before the wedding or there'll be trouble

zeemumu

Lilith are you part of the wedding party or just attending in the audience? Because wedding party coordination can get nuts, as I learned not too long ago. But if you're just in the audience then yeah it's a pretty odd request.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
this.
I think I'd be way to proud to change my appearance. maybe take out my piercing but that's also all I could do really. I couldn't cut out my tattoos or even let my dye fade that quickly. they need to know that it makes someone feel kinda shitty when they're expecting stuff like this. I can totally understand Lili taking the non-confrontational road but I don't necessarily think it's the best or right thing to do. it's not like a wedding entitles you to being a shithead ;p

And yet it seems so common because it's "their day".
Edit: I actually have no idea how common it is so ¯_(ツ)_/¯

For what it's worth, I'm really proud of you for thinking this. It sucks that they are not as open minded as you and your choice of expression but it speaks to your character that you are willing to take the high road.

I appreciate that. I meant to quote you earlier when you were in support of me but I forgot. :)

That wasn't a nice thing of them to do. It kind of wreaks. It's the sort of thing that would damage my relationship with them unless and until it's addressed and resolved. I can understand family obligations and eating shit sandwiches, but I would be upset about it.

FWIW you can come to my wedding wearing whatever offensive stuff you want. The bride has a tattoo on her forehead, though, so it may be hard for you to outdo her.

Man, nobody's perfect. Just because somebody does one thing that's not nice doesn't mean you launch into full on retaliation mode.

And honestly it may even be my fault. Had they not seen that I was willing to let my dye fade out for my India trip, then they may not have considered it an option. They know it's possible and that I'm willing to do so in certain circumstances, so they're just asking to be one of those circumstances.

And yeah, it's annoying, but it's really not the end of the world. High class weddings generally always have strict dress codes anyway. I know I sound kind of defeatist right now but this is just not the hill I want to die on.

Lilith are you part of the wedding party or just attending in the audience? Because wedding party coordination can get nuts, as I learned not too long ago. But if you're just in the audience then yeah it's a pretty odd request.

I'm in the wedding. I'm one of the bridesmaids.

Jobbs

Banned
Man, nobody's perfect. Just because somebody does one thing that's not nice doesn't mean you launch into full on retaliation mode.

And honestly it may even be my fault. Had they not seen that I was willing to let my dye fade out for my India trip, then they may not have considered it an option. They know it's possible and that I'm willing to do so in certain circumstances, so they're just asking to be one of those circumstances.

And yeah, it's annoying, but it's really not the end of the world. High class weddings generally always have strict dress codes anyway. I know I sound kind of defeatist right now but this is just not the hill I want to die on.

Maybe the message is that I just don't like "high class" (ironic name) weddings or stuffy ancient close minded people. I'm not beholden to any, though, so I don't have to like them.

Maybe the message is that I just don't like "high class" (ironic name) weddings or stuffy ancient close minded people. I'm not beholden to any, though, so I don't have to like them.

I actually had the idea that if I ever got married I'd specifically state that there's no dresscode whatsoever. if casual or classy everyone could just wear whatever the fuck they liked.
high heels? if you like them! sweatpants? fine with me

FloatOn

I kind of want to compare it to going for a job interview. Or doing a presentation. You have to play to the needs of your audience so that your message can be received as effectively as possible.

It would be different if this was her wedding but I think being respectful of the family wishes is a classy move. And it's only a day that is being compromised here, not any great length of time.

Granadier

Clothing or dress is understandable. Asking someone to change their physical appearance for a single day is overboard though in my opinion.

Jobbs

Banned
I actually had the idea that if I ever got married I'd specifically state that there's no dresscode whatsoever. if casual or classy everyone could just wear whatever the fuck they liked.
high heels? if you like them! sweatpants? fine with me

That's how it was at my older brother's wedding years ago. Outdoor wedding and no dress code. Some people were dressed fancy, others were dressed like punks. I remember a guy with safety pins and stuff was there.

Was a relaxed fun atmosphere. Nothing was damaged or taken away by the fact that some people expressed themselves differently.

Suffice it to say I agree with that outlook. People, if they're your friends and family, will be inclined to be respectful and positive and whatever is their way of expressing that is more than fine.

It would be different if this was her wedding but I think being respectful of the family wishes is a classy move. And it's only a day that is being compromised here, not any great length of time.

Family's wishes are twisted. I understand eating a shit sandwich because you're intertwined with a bunch of stuffy people and the alternative is worse, but it doesn't mean it's all fine

Jobbs

Banned
I should get HBO.

HBO, booz, and...

The confidence of youth!
600px-ColdM_34.jpg

Misha

Banned

if this was a much serious topic, I'd be much more concerned for you right now. its not your fault they're entirely the instigators. if you suddenly started dying your hair blue after never doing that before it would still be their fault.

also this isn't the high road. they already destroyed the high road. this is the easy road and I don't blame you for taking it

Jobbs

Banned
if this was a much serious topic, I'd be much more concerned for you right now. its not your fault they're entirely the instigators. if you suddenly started dying your hair blue after never doing that before it would still be their fault.

also this isn't the high road. they already destroyed the high road. this is the easy road and I don't blame you for taking it

the agreement part of my body is tingling

------

gM7lxzU.gif

why

Granadier

He was so close to getting it right!! Damnit.

---

Client said the payment was being sent on Wednesday. Still have yet to see it in my transfer log or my bank account.
I think I'm done with freelancing for now. I make nearly twice my daily rate there, but the hassle is not worth it.

Jobbs

Banned
When you realize most of this thread probably also doesn't know how to operate an audio cassette tape

I need food for tonight and I'm not sure what food to food.

Misha

Banned
jesus people are dumb about polling wrt trump/Hillary. no one acknowledges the fact that back in October trump was already charted in polls to at least do as good as Romney and win the republican nod. it was ignoring polls that caused people to underestimate him.
now he gets to the GE and he's easily projected to lose and people are saying "people constantly underestimated him so obviously all predictive data is wrong". THEY ARE MAKING THE EXACT SAME ERROR AGAIN

are they all trolling?

Also reading the stories the ladies in Girl GAF have with respect to male behavior is genuinely disturbing, and everyone seems to have those stories..

If I was a woman I'd so want to be a lesbian
part of the reason i'm more interested in girls is cause I've spent so much time around guys and got to hear their every little opinion cause I was "lucky" enough that they didn't think I would mind. I'll probably run into some crappy girls and it will even out a bit but so far its seemed to be a huge disparity even among fairly reasonable guys

IHaveIce

Banned
When you realize most of this thread probably also doesn't know how to operate an audio cassette tape

Dang I made my own mixtapes.

Also for those who have read it on page 1, I went to the date, in the rain. Now I have a cold, got to bang though so all good <3

Granadier

I think you're forgetting how long tapes were relevant.

IHaveIce

Banned
wooh :eek: you're really feeling the Tinder vibe I see.
congrats on the sex

thx, yeah though I'm not looking for ONS exclusively or anything, I will see her again. Hopefully when the weather is better, but people can say about online dating and dating apps what they want, I met awesome girls who I never would have met through my normal social circles and got to know them

thx, yeah though I'm not looking for ONS exclusively or anything, I will see her again. Hopefully when the weather is better, but people can say about online dating and dating apps what they want, I met awesome girls who I never would have met through my normal social circles and got to know them

then you have better luck than I have! good for you :)

zeemumu

Why is monday tomorrow. Why....

So Sunday can be today.

Messaged one of the matches on OKCupid today because if my choices are social and awkward or secluded and still awkward then I may as well pick the former. At the very least I can possibly make friends.

Oh and they were out of the blankets so I got a Marauder's Map pillow and a Jason Vorhees Pop figure for my friend instead.

Pau

Today is one of those days where I've been awake for only four hours and already want to go back to bed.

Symphonia

Banned
Yellowcard
Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
Sugarcult
The All American Rejects
My Chemical Romance
The Used
Fall Out Boy
Blink 182
Alien Ant Farm
Paramore
Evanescence
Slipknot
Linkin Park
Korn
Three Days Grace
Jimmy Eats World
Hellogoodbye
You've basically listed every most listened to artists on my Spotify.

Jobbs

Banned
Today is one of those days where I've been awake for only four hours and already want to go back to bed.

I woke up in sweat, laid around for a long time bullshitting, took a nice colorful bath with one of my bathbombs, then... laid back down and resumed bullshitting.

I should probably screw around with some of the steam games I bought.

Shower then. Or invest in a bidet

what makes you think I haven't?

Misha

Banned

same

except its only been an hour

____
none of the apartment people responded :(
guess I'm gonna call all of them today

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
You've basically listed every most listened to artists on my Spotify.

Im pretty much remembering oldies. Some aged poorly and some are okay and some albums I didnt like from them are actually better than I thought in the past. Revisiting stuff can be entertaining since you can see things in a different light good or bad. For most of the part I enjoyed the albums but a lot of things are stuff from their time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom