• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 8: Overthirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeemumu

I've come to realise that I really dislike Pokemon Go's graphic style. It's so bland and lifeless compared to the classic GameBoy chibi look.

But the graphics are amazing. The interiors of all the buildings are fully rendered, there's a weather system, the lighting on the world is flawless, and there are NPC's everywhere. The only downside is that most of the houses are locked so you can't walk into them like you could in the other Pokemon games. But the attention to detail is beyond anything that any game has ever done. I'm staring at this penny on a table right now and it actually shows signs of age. There's even a copy of Dark Souls 3 over there and they took the time to detail the actual cover of the game. You can even pick it up and look at the back.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
But the graphics are amazing. The interiors of all the buildings are fully rendered, there's a weather system, the lighting on the world is flawless, and there are NPC's everywhere. The only downside is that most of the houses are locked so you can't walk into them like you could in the other Pokemon games. But the attention to detail is beyond anything that any game has ever done. I'm staring at this penny on a table right now and it actually shows signs of age. There's even a copy of Dark Souls 3 over there and they took the time to detail the actual cover of the game. You can even pick it up and look at the back.
It took me a couple of seconds to realise you were pulling my leg.

Well done.

Forreal.

I'm secure enough that I don't care if someone thinks it's a "gay" thing to do, and some people do like it, but I got tired of it being a topic. "Manlier" colors (black/off black) seem to be easier to fly under the radar. I would still wear something colorful for certain situations - e.g., concert, party, whatever - but as a day to day thing I've steered away.

I get to do Erica's nails so I still get to have some fun

Well a lot of rockstars and goth people do black, so that's probably why it doesn't register the same. :/

Thanks this actually worked pretty good.

Oh good! I hadn't used it before, but I saw someone link it in the Prisma thread. Apparently my image is still in queue.

According to Jimmy Fallon, it's because people actually like what they catch from other people on Pokemon GO.

Jobbs

Banned

vGrjzhQ.gif

I'll probably hatch mine tonight, walking around until 4am again lol
The fakegaf triangle should get together some time :)

what's your highest CP?

Early this morning, we went to the vet. My dog now has an expiration date.

It's unsettling. I've put four pets into the ground so far. Three cats, one rabbit. I miss them all. This is really weird.

Snorlax was just a total lucky find, he's twice as high as my next highest.

what'd ya get? :D

I don't know all the english names but I evolved the common bird thingie. my best find would probably be useless fishy nowhere near water the other stuff is kinda standard I guess

Seaklng

Banned
Other than a family medical emergency on Monday and missing a date on Tuesday..... Pretty good! Yourself?
Sorry to hear about both those things. Hopefully all is well now :)
Glad to hear you're good!

I'm doing pretty well myself. Applying for part time phlebotomy jobs still and hoping to hear back about an interview with my district manager soon for a promotion. That's about it

Xiao Hu

wha :eek: but you chased after her for so long!

It's not like I chased after her, since she had a boyfriend at that time I really did not need the drama (again). When the stuff in Disneyland happened I was confused, I didn't know how to react properly, I've been out of the game for to long now to catch all the subtitle reactions. We talked a little bit yesterday about what we felt during the kiss and both came to the conclusion that it's not worth it to corrode our friendship with some half assed long distance romantic.

I have to admit though, it feels kinda nice to be desired again and it gives me more self-confidence for my return home.

This is going to absurdly philosophical but how do you all find meaning? I am kind of at this point in my life where I feel like I am lacking and it's scaring the ever living fuck out of me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom