• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 8: Overthirst

Status
Not open for further replies.
Word, I meant to comment on this before but I forgot. You create all of your art with just a mouse? I find that crazy. I understand (roughly) how Illustrator works, I get it, but I would have trouble fleshing out designs without some kind of sketch first.

What mouse did you get? I'm looking to finally break this cycle of LMB death and buy something different.

Yeah. I usually block something out first with the pencil tool in illustrator if it's a complicated character or item, then draw it properly with a combination of the pen and knife tools.

This was the rough of the straw man before I filled it out. It took maybe thirty seconds to make, plus a few adjustments probably.
zDBLqnP.png

I tried recording a vid of me drawing something simple but Fraps doesn't play nicely with all the rendering layers Illustrator uses.
https://youtu.be/JRRxllzAgDM

The mouse I'm using now is this one.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I19TU76/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I predict lit and fam going out of style in 1.5 years.

2019: Saying "it's lit" will be the equivalent of saying "yo dawg" now

Neither of those particular words have entered my lexicon, but I totes have other slang I use obnoxiously, so I forgive the lit speech.

Jobbs

Banned
Yeah. I usually block something out first with the pencil tool in illustrator if it's a complicated character or item, then draw it properly with a combination of the pen and knife tools.

This was the rough of the straw man before I filled it out. It took maybe thirty seconds to make, plus a few adjustments probably.

I tried recording a vid of me drawing something simple but Fraps doesn't play nicely with all the rendering layers Illustrator uses.
https://youtu.be/JRRxllzAgDM

The mouse I'm using now is this one.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00I19TU76/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Ah, I gotcha. I would just be completely creatively stifled if I couldn't sketch with my tablet. It's interesting to see how different your process is. I find vector work in illustrator to be kind of obtuse but it has its advantages.

There's a vector paint program that came across my radar a year or two ago -- It functioned as a paint program, very organic and intuitive, but created vector art. I wish I could remember what it was called. It was really neat.

Ah, I gotcha. I would just be completely creatively stifled if I couldn't sketch with my tablet. It's interesting to see how different your process is. I find vector work in illustrator to be kind of obtuse but it has its advantages.

There's a vector paint program that came across my radar a year or two ago -- It functioned as a paint program, very organic and intuitive, but created vector art. I wish I could remember what it was called. It was really neat.

For the kind of artwork you do I agree. I have a couple Wacom tablets and use them where appropriate, but vector art requires an incredibly stable hand so the stylus is not a good element.

But you may notice the mouse I linked you to is super small and light. That's because I need all the dexterity I can get.

Jobbs

Banned
For the kind of artwork you do I agree. I have a couple Wacom tablets and use them where appropriate, but vector art requires an incredibly stable hand so the stylus is not a good element.

But you may notice the mouse I linked you to is super small and light. That's because I need all the dexterity I can get.

I used an intuos3 6x11 from 2006 to 20014 when it was just utterly worn out and every button on it was fucked. I have an intuos pro now, but honestly I liked the old one better. They keep overdesigning these things and making them clumsier and stupider and the drivers seem to become less stable with each model. It's so annoying.

NIGHT ALL

ra9keJX.gif

:: lays down on the hard wood floor ::

Does anyone else ever have weird oral fixations? I was helping my boyfriend clean up his bedroom because he's moving in with me tomorrow, and we found a box of like five year old See's Candies. I'm working on a cinnamon lollipop right now but instead of sucking on it, I'm biting off from the top. (yeah, I know I said I don't like candy the other day... somehow this isn't sickening me). That's because the tactile sensation from my teeth is more satisfying than lolling it around in my mouth for now. Weird.

Spending time with other people, doing creative work, and charity.

I must be a Microsoft shill because I read that as she used Bing to find results about downton abbey, she binged it.
I'm the same. I love biting

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I ordered a GTX 1080 and it shipped.

why

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
I think I just made a date for tomorrow night. Oh I'm gonna be so tired haha. He's weird and kinda cute. Let's see what happens.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I think I just made a date for tomorrow night. Oh I'm gonna be so tired haha. He's weird and kinda cute. Let's see what happens.

is it that guy's younger brother

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Finally weekend. Probably gonna get wasted today.

But next two weeks will be insane. Unless my back say that it is enough

marrec

Banned
Back from Chicago, wiped out from the schmoozing I had to do. Being introverted and being in my position at my job do not mesh.

But, Olly Moss did Overwatch prints so I'm happy.

Misha

Banned
Write "thanks babe [pinches=butt/]"
Back from Chicago, wiped out from the schmoozing I had to do. Being introverted and being in my position at my job do not mesh.

But, Olly Moss did Overwatch prints so I'm happy.
Overwatch is so June. Pokemon go is the new hotness now

marrec

Banned
Overwatch is so June. Pokemon go is the new hotness now

I took over a Gym at Midway airport and my Pokemon is still there for all I know.

We hosted a diner for the customer, 25 people were there and a full half were playing Pokemon Go. Lord help us.

Misha

Banned
I took over a Gym at Midway airport and my Pokemon is still there for all I know.

We hosted a diner for the customer, 25 people were there and a full half were playing Pokemon Go. Lord help us.
So you ever get your Pokemon back after you put them in a gym?

FloatOn

more annecdotal evidence that this pokemon go thing is bad for real life.

FloatOn

yeah, 1984 is spot on in so many ways.

Orwell nailed the whole degradation of language idea. Now it's too much effort to even type out "lol" or an ":)"

we have emoji now and I kind of wonder if years from now language itself will be replaced with these pictograms.

zeemumu

Orwell nailed the whole degradation of language idea. Now it's too much effort to even type out "lol" or an ":)"

we have emoji now and I kind of wonder if years from now language itself will be replaced with these pictograms.

Is it a degeneration of language if it only exists in text form as a way to save time? I don't know a lot of people who say lol or "smiley face" in real life. That's actually part of the reason why I never finished Life is Strange.

Friend of mine spotted a throng of people congregating at an unlikely place, staring at their phone. She snuck up behind them and yelled "OMG, there's a pikachu!" to her great amusement.

Misha

Banned

Uhhhhhhhh that was supposed to show that your opinion was rediculous....

I'd fully support moving to pictograms since its language agnostic and we could communicate across countries

FloatOn

Is it a degeneration of language if it only exists in text form as a way to save time? I don't know a lot of people who say lol or "smiley face" in real life. That's actually part of the reason why I never finished Life is Strange.

I understand that it saves time but being able to communicate an actual idea over a pictogram is still pretty important even if it is just text. Leads to less confusion as well.

Uhhhhhhhh that was supposed to show that your opinion was rediculous....

I'd fully support moving to pictograms since its language agnostic and we could communicate across countries

I'm in agreement with that timeline. There has been something that has been lost as the world has become more digital.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom