• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 8: Overthirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Misha

Banned
as someone who doesn't like polos I don't have a lot of options in the summer, so I generally just wear fitted plain t shirts since graphic Ts are generally speaking a travesty

plain shirts and stuff look totally great as long as they fit you correctly

I wear the button downs here and there

If you have to go to like an anniversary dinner where at least one person is planning on wearing a tie what would you go with?

Jobbs

Banned
If you have to go to like an anniversary dinner where at least one person is planning on wearing a tie what would you go with?

if it's an anniversary dinner and someone's wearing a tie -- I don't know exactly how formal the place is, but depending on where it is it may be hard to avoid anything with buttons since that doesn't leave much.

zeemumu

I usually look like I'm going to a funeral when I dress semi formal because I wear a black button up shirt, black slacks, and black shoes.

Jobbs

Banned
You could put a blazer over vanilla slacks and a plain shirt or something and look presentable with minimal buttons

again, though, buttons are hard to avoid entirely

bow tie > tie

If someone's wearing a bow tie, unless they are *absolutely* awesome in every way, i just think it looks goofy. There's an incredibly high barrier of awesomeness to pull this off IMO.

Misha

Banned
You could put a blazer over vanilla slacks and a plain black shirt or something and look presentable with minimal buttons

again, though, buttons are hard to avoid entirely

I don't consider henleys or cardigans in the same group

tbh tho I think blazer+t looks a little tryhard without confidence and having decent physique

DrM

Redmond's Baby
Took this pic on the coast of the lake. Windy evening
VGLZQtD.jpg

zeemumu

Working to get good enough at fighting games to go to EVO someday. I wonder if Beef is working his way through the ranks.

I'm oddly decent at Guilty Gear despite the moves and direction on the arcade cabinet in the game room being in Japanese.

'Cause I fuck with myself more than anybody else
It's all love
I used to care what you think about me
It's all love
'Cause my love so good
So I fuck with myself more than anybody else

fkyTSAk.jpg

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
is it that guy's younger brother
Oh my god no. That'd be too creepy.

Also my post operative instructions were to not bend over today lest the blood pressure pop my sutures. My squatting game is on point haha. Gonna have buns of steel by the end of the day

I bought seven tickets for Suicide Squad today! :D I'm almost more excited for the August 4th premier than my brother's wedding next week haha.

For now I'm becoming a hat person because this haircut's a little off.
Please post a pic so we can make a barbershop meme. Thanks.

I usually look like I'm going to a funeral when I dress semi formal because I wear a black button up shirt, black slacks, and black shoes.
What about something like this? I realize layering seems scary but the vest is pretty open and you can have a nice, breathable t-shirt underneath it.
4622882_PhotoGrid_1439365164509.jpg

zeemumu

I bought seven tickets for Suicide Squad today! :D I'm almost more excited for the August 4th premier than my brother's wedding next week haha.

Please post a pic so we can make a barbershop meme. Thanks.

Congratulations! I can't wait for that movie to come out.

And sadly this haircut is nowhere near worthy of a barbershop meme. It's a 6/10. Not good enough for me to like it but not bad enough to make fun of.

What about something like this? I realize layering seems scary but the vest is pretty open and you can have a nice, breathable t-shirt underneath it.
4622882_PhotoGrid_1439365164509.jpg
I'd say my look is closer to this if the pants were black

Congratulations! I can't wait for that movie to come out.

And sadly this haircut is nowhere near worthy of a barbershop meme. It's a 6/10. Not good enough for me to like it but not bad enough to make fun of.

Are you gonna get tickets soon? It probably won't sell out, but I'm incredibly hyped for it so getting the tickets feels like progress.

And yeah, being in that limbo position is awkward. Only bad enough to be distracting to you. My hair is usually cut quite well, but it tousles a lot in my sleep and on some mornings I just don't have the time or attention to fix it.

I'd say my look is closer to this if the pants were black

Yeah, I just was trying to offer an alternative since you said no button-downs. :)

zeemumu

Are you gonna get tickets soon? It probably won't sell out, but I'm incredibly hyped for it so getting the tickets feels like progress.

And yeah, being in that limbo position is awkward. Only bad enough to be distracting to you. My hair is usually cut quite well, but it tousles a lot in my sleep and on some mornings I just don't have the time or attention to fix it.

I'm planning on getting tickets but I don't know when. For some reason my local theater wasn't selling tickets for Ghostbusters in advance and I'm planning on seeing that with my friends next week. After Ghostbusters is Light's Out. I don't know if it'll be good but I'm willing to give it a shot.

Did you hear about the movie The Woods? Supposedly it's a
stealth Blair Witch Project sequel.

My hair doesn't straighten out. I can either allow it to grow out again and do my afro/cornrows alternating look like I did for about 6 years, or cut it short like it is now.

Yeah, I just was trying to offer an alternative since you said no button-downs. :)

I don't mind my funeral look. I look great in black :p

-----------------------------

I caught a Magmar and hatched a Staryu!

It was Misha who has the no button downs thing! 🐴

Oh yeah huh. That's what I get for skimming the thread :O

Indeed.

My surviving grandmother is a little beside herself as well. I had to take her clementines today since my mother is out of town. For a change I got to hear how wonderful my dad is (her son-in-law) and how awful my mom is. Everyone hopes she'll die soon.

That's an awful thing to hope for :(

Would it be too hard to just cut her out of your life? I had an uncle who was toxic to everyone and not receptive of help, so eventually we just stopped inviting him to things or trying to have him in our lives.

I'm planning on getting tickets but I don't know when. For some reason my local theater wasn't selling tickets for Ghostbusters in advance and I'm planning on seeing that with my friends next week. After Ghostbusters is Light's Out. I don't know if it'll be good but I'm willing to give it a shot.

Did you hear about the movie The Woods? Supposedly it's a
stealth Blair Witch Project sequel.

My hair doesn't straighten out. I can either allow it to grow out again and do my afro/cornrows alternating look like I did for about 6 years, or cut it short like it is now.

I don't mind my funeral look. I look great in black :p

Oh, I think Justin's taking me to Ghostbusters tonight. I let him pick between that and Secret Life of Pets, but he hasn't gotten back to me yet.

I don't know if this is a controversial opinion, but I actually think
BWP
is a boring horror movie. I admire what it tried to do, but I didn't find it scary nor relatable nor enjoyable. I prefer something much more directed.

What would be your ideal haircut? Realistic or not?

Also, dressing in all black is really fun sometimes. :)

zeemumu

I'm at the park with the dog, muself and a maye will go pick up copies shortly.

I think the new Magic expansion is out today as well.

I just got into SOI and now I have to worry about a new expansion? Will I be able to find a deckbuilder's toolkit for the in the local Target on the day of release? Because I don't feel like braving the collectible shop right now.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I've got a lot of love for BWP. It scared the shit out of me as a kid, but I was caught up in the cultural phenomenon surrounding it, including the faux documentaries covering the incident that screened on TV. On reflection I think it's a masterpiece, but largely due to its cultural significance in cinema, and its attempt at convincing found footage narrative.

Though I think that's because with a majority of horror films I'm more fascinated by the ideas and themes they explore, and the emotions they conjure, particularly in their inventiveness of concepts, sets, editing, direction, etc than actually expecting to be scared. Like even typing this I can't think of many horror films that scare me, and the horror films I love I do so for other reasons. Though I guess that's horror, so broad and abstract as a genre, that it's really just about the unsettling emotional resonance and not always outright spooks.

I really like The Orphanage.

zeemumu

I enjoyed it for what it was. Seeing the threat actually kinda ruins it.

Ruined, I tell you!
194464_v2.jpg

The Devil Inside remains as my most hated horror film. When you end your movie on a cliffhanger and a black screen that says "For more information, visit YouPaidForThisMovieGoFuckYourself . org", you are dead to me.

FUME5

I just got into SOI and now I have to worry about a new expansion? Will I be able to find a deckbuilder's toolkit for the in the local Target on the day of release? Because I don't feel like braving the collectible shop right now.

Have no idea mate, I only play digitally.

Jobbs

Banned
Home video where they shake tbe camera a lot and expect you to be scared. Not worth the price of admission. 😪😪😪😪😪😪😪

Almost couldn't believe it

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Home video where they shake tbe camera a lot and expect you to be scared. Not worth the price of admission. 😪😪😪😪😪😪😪

I really like the idea of found footage, and love BWP, but then there's stuff l Cloverfield which is a rich steaming turd so *shrug*

Horror is weird. Let's just watch Tetsuo.

zeemumu

Some films are able to make it work. I thought Grave Encounters did a great job.

The thing about found footage films is that you have to get creative because you no longer have a musical sting or cinematic shots to aid your scares. They have to make sense in-universe. There's a moment in Paranormal Activity 3 where the guy opens a door and there's no stinger sound so you just see a bunch of cult members turn and look at him. I thought that was a really good moment. That's also probably the only Paranormal Activity that I like.

[REC] is a great found footage horror film.

The English remake known as Quarantine ain't bad either. Although, it's largely a one to one copy save for being English and not Spanish.

zeemumu

[REC] is a great found footage horror film.

The English remake known as Quarantine ain't bad either. Although, it's largely a one to one copy save for being English and not Spanish.

REC's fuckin' weird

tumblr_ls8qdzBY3X1qla21zo1_500.gif

Pretty sure that GIF is REC 2 but whatever.

And Quarantine decided that it would be a great idea to put the ending on the poster.

EatChildren

Chronicle, like Cloverfield, is just too obviously choreographed, neat, and false in its found footage shtick for my liking. The prefer the noise of BWP.

But unlike Cloverfield, it's still a good movie.

Jobbs

Banned
The chrome guy made that fantastic 4 movie that everyone days is bad... is it? Everyone also says BvS is bad and I liked that far more than any of the marvel crap

zeemumu

The chrome guy made that fantastic 4 movie that everyone days is bad... is it? Everyone also says BvS is bad and I liked that far more than any of the marvel crap

Chrome guy? You mean Rise of the Silver Surfer? No that's pretty bad. Galactus is a fuckin' cloud in that movie and Doom's still shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom