• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 8: Overthirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
I never meet anyone named Liam, Todd or Chad, but they all sound like people you meet in Hermosa Beach bars.

Andrew's are like a dime a dozen and they're mostly douchebags.

The Andrew Jb and I know is most certainly not.

jb1234

I never meet anyone named Liam, Todd or Chad, but they all sound like people you meet in Hermosa Beach bars.

Andrew's are like a dime a dozen and they're mostly douchebags.

The Andrew Jb and I know is most certainly not.

When is the last time we've even heard from that dude? If anything, he's a douchebag for abandoning us. :p

(He also never followed me on my new Twitter account. Which is kinda douchey. But I'm over it. Mostly.)

Why oh why did I wander into a GG conversation on Twitch.

why

And no offense to Amy Henning or Jade Raymond, but they rose to power in a climate that was way before GG ever could reach as many people, in companies that are progressive even among the games industry. And they want to try to tell people with less job security/status than them that sexism doesn't exist in the industry?

Jobbs

Banned
A lot of girls have a dickhole clingy dirtbag friend who is in love with them but doesn't seem to accept that they're strictly friendzoned. This person tends to be named Chris.

A Fish Aficionado

When is the last time we've even heard from that dude? If anything, he's a douchebag for abandoning us. :p

(He also never followed me on my new Twitter account. Which is kinda douchey. But I'm over it. Mostly.)

Probs busy with life, not like us miserable bastards.

A lot of girls have a dickhole clingy dirtbag friend who is in love with them but doesn't seem to accept that they're strictly friendzoned. This person tends to be named Chris.

This was me for the longest time. :(
I needed a wake up call.

Jobbs

Banned
Probs busy with life, not like us miserable bastards.

This was me for the longest time. :(
I needed a wake up call.

The girl I'm seeing has a close male friend who is such a little.... I don't want to be mean, but he's a little dirtbag. He's so clearly in love with her.

His name is Chris. I thought back and remembered that I've known other people like this who were also named Chris. It's weird.

Is your name Chris? I don't think you're a dirtbag, though, so you're probably not Chris. You're a non dirtbag variant.

I'll never forgive him for this.

Josh's are alright. How about Jake's?

Other than fakegaf Jake, I've only really known one that I can remember. The drummer in one of my bands was Jake. He was okay. Jakes seem fine.

A Fish Aficionado

I was just gross and obsessive and I'm very sorry for that. I let that friendship get really toxic until it finally broke and I really hate that about myself.

Jobbs

Banned
I learned quite a while ago (and I'm old so there are a lot of things I learned quite a while ago) that if a girl ain't interested, she ain't interested, and you have to just put it out of your mind and move on

There's always someone else -- Another thing I learned a long time ago :)

DrM

Redmond's Baby
There's always someone else -- Another thing I learned a long time ago :)

There is certain U2 (blargh) song playing on the radio right this moment, with which I can fully relate.

Interesting fact: I got my first cellphone in 2005, in the first year of college.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
How old is everyone?
How old is old?
Is old the new young?

Uh oh. He wants to meet in person. Do you think he'll be turned off if he finds out I'm a mess? MUST HIDE ALL MY UNSAVORY CHARACTER TRAITS.

108278-Starsky-and-Hutch-do-it-gif-Im-R7GF.gif

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
Fucking Chads.

Also things are getting steamy in text with the dude from last night. And the one from last week. Mannn.

Last night's guy has a bangin body. As in idk why he'd be into me level of bangin.

Ok for reference I'm gonna call last nights dude not fume5 and last week's not Jobbs. Damn common names.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Rejected by the DILF last night. He appears to be only into tiny girls based on the Facebook creeping. Ended up hooking up one of my backup boys though, so no biggie.

Pau

Hahaha yes. Although mine wasn't clingy or an asshole just awkward.

FloatOn

Got into this whole thing about ghostbusters last night with some Facebook people who refused to see why the female cast was important.

One even said that the gender pay gap wasn't real. Still feeling pretty fired up about the whole thing.

Music seems like such a superficial thing to leverage for or against a relationship unless one of you is a musician, but what do I know? Haha

Stuff like Diet Coke was a godsend when I was on keto.
That makes sense, I've just never seen anybody who did that until now. :)

Waiting for that first friend to show up to an event so I finally have someone to talk to.

Misha

Banned
I have this issue that if i have a lot of downtime after I do my hair I keep messing with it and it ends up getting worse

Apearently got someone banned from one of the bars I was at last night but if you jump and stand on a bar stool that has a top that spins you can't expect me to not spin it hard as shit lol.

😂 That dude went fucking flying and caused a huge messlol

Symphonia

Banned
What's up?
I currently use a Lenovo Ideacentre AIO to do my video editing and uploading, using my Elgato connected to my PS4. I want to buy a desktop PC, though, so I can record directly from the PC, as well as record my PS4 gameplay. These are my current specs.

I'm looking for a desktop that has at least double the RAM, 2TB, and is capable of running Grand Theft Auto V. That is one game I must be able to run. I have a budget of £800-£1000.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
I currently use a Lenovo Ideacentre AIO to do my video editing and uploading, using my Elgato connected to my PS4. I want to buy a desktop PC, though, so I can record directly from the PC, as well as record my PS4 gameplay. These are my current specs.

I'm looking for a desktop that has at least double the RAM, 2TB, and is capable of running Grand Theft Auto V. That is one game I must be able to run. I have a budget of £800-£1000.
You can achieve what you want for WELL under your budget. If you don't care about SSD, a 2TB HDD is cheap, RAM is cheap, and it doesn't take a great card to run gta v. But you can get an rx 480 for about $300us. Not sure what that is over there with the falling pound.

This thread is going to give excellent recommendations and you should probably try there:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1222740

I think you'd end up something like this though, but I haven't looked very carefully and I don't live in the UK:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor (£220.99 @ More Computers)
CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler (£30.99 @ Ebuyer)
Motherboard: Asus Z170-A ATX LGA1151 Motherboard (£127.43 @ Amazon UK)
Memory: Kingston HyperX Fury Black 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2133 Memory (£65.99 @ Ebuyer)
Storage: Samsung 850 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5" Solid State Drive (£72.99 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: Western Digital BLACK SERIES 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive (£109.39 @ Kustom PCs)
Video Card: XFX Radeon RX 480 8GB XXX OC Video Card (£229.78 @ Scan.co.uk)
Case: Fractal Design Define S ATX Mid Tower Case (£64.99 @ Amazon UK)
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply (£70.97 @ Amazon UK)
Total: £993.52
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2016-07-17 18:23 BST+0100

It's pushing the budget a bit, especially if you also still need an OS and peripherals. But a good CPU and a SSD is nice for video editing. Could possibly replace the RX 480 with a NVidia 1060 when it arrives depending on how it weighs up, but I doubt it'll be cheaper. Could also go cheaper by going for a CPU that can't overclock. In that case you can also save on the motherboard and CPU cooler.

Jobbs

Banned
Music seems like such a superficial thing to leverage for or against a relationship unless one of you is a musician, but what do I know? Haha

Didn't you say once you were turned off by a guy who belittled your taste in things like movies?

Criticizing someone's taste in things especially on first contact seems really weird and dickholy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom