• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 8: Overthirst

Status
Not open for further replies.
david-byrne.jpg

i don't get it

Pau

So it looks like Kark is gonna come help me move out and be here the weekend of July 22. We can have the FakeGAF meetup featuring Kark that Saturday if that works for y'all. :O

And by y'all I also include you, Jobbs. You're close enough to make the drive! :mad:

jb1234

So it looks like Kark is gonna come help me move out and be here the weekend of July 22. We can have the FakeGAF meetup featuring Kark that Saturday if that works for y'all. :O

And by y'all I also include you, Jobbs. You're close enough to make the drive! :mad:

TOO FAR AWAY! Pau, you gotta get on inventing the transporter so we can hold this magnificent event in Seattle, haha.

Pau

Are you moving again Pau?
Yeah, this was only for the summer so I move back to NYC.

TOO FAR AWAY! Pau, you gotta get on inventing the transporter so we can hold this magnificent event in Seattle, haha.
One day! ;-; And if I ever get into University of Washington-Seattle (and convince Kark to live there) then we can have meetups all the time!

That's a pretty long drive. That does sound interesting though, tbh, I'm definitely curious... Keep me in the loop
I promise we're worth it! :p

jb1234

Yeah, this was only for the summer so I move back to NYC.

One day! ;-; And if I ever get into University of Washington-Seattle (and convince Kark to live there) then we can have meetups all the time!

I promise we're worth it! :p

Haha! I dunno. NYC is a pretty amazing city. I'm not sure I'd pick Seattle over it if you can pull off the cost of living.

Pau

Wow that was quick! (I guess halfway through now) Very cool.
Yeah, it's only two months long! Which also means I get a few weeks of vacation before the semester starts. (Although technically I'm supposed to assisting a professor with their research once I get back.) How long are you in Boston?

Haha! I dunno. NYC is a pretty amazing city. I'm not sure I'd pick Seattle over it if you can pull off the cost of living.
I don't really like any of the statistics or sociology programs in NYC. :/

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I enjoy Dragon Ball way too much for a 27 year old man

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Yeah, it's only two months long! Which also means I get a few weeks of vacation before the semester starts. (Although technically I'm supposed to assisting a professor with their research once I get back.) How long are you in Boston?

Guaranteed until the end of August, but I'm begging to get strong indications that it will be longer than that. (Hooray!)

marrec

Banned
Ugh, Tinder is just making me generally depressed about the people in my area.

Maybe I shouldn't be on Tinder.

I'll have to make sure I don't have plans but that sounds perfect.

Pau

Given the city's size and importance, you'd think they'd have some of the best. That sucks. :(
I mean, they aren't bad. But for example, Columbia University (top 20) focuses more on biostatistics which I don't want to do. And my sister works for NYU but I haven't really been convinced. There's also the graduate programs from the school I'm currently attending, but they don't offer a Ph.D in statistics. The sociology program I need to talk to friends more about. But they also tend to want to accept folks from ivy leagues. :/ And one of my mentor professors who's from the #1 sociology program pretty much told me to not bother applying to anything outside of the top 10 for sociology, at least.

Guaranteed until the end of August, but I'm begging to get strong indications that it will be longer than that. (Hooray!)
That's awesome! When do they let you know? And you've already graduated right? :O

I'll have to make sure I don't have plans but that sounds perfect.
Awesome!

Why is Tinder making you depressed? I always imagined there would be too many cool people on these apps. I mean, a lot of shitty folks too, but enough cool ones to make it worth it.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Why is Tinder making you depressed? I always imagined there would be too many cool people on these apps. I mean, a lot of shitty folks too, but enough cool ones to make it worth it.

I feel actually most of the cool/nice people get discouraged by the shitty people and often leave and what you'll see mostly in these apps is shallow people or people who don't have much in common to work something out.

marrec

Banned
Awesome!

I just don't get why everyone lists "travel and outdoors and craft beers" as interests.

What does that even mean? I like alternately going outdoors then being inside. That's if they even have a description.

I don't wanna just hook up with some rando but want some companionship... but if they're outdoorsy types it'll likely not work out. I want someone that'll playing Divinity: Original Sin on the couch w/ me too in between our outdoor travel craft beer trips.

Or people putting "fitness" as an interest.

I love to run, but it's not an interest. I work out so that I can eat somewhat shitty.

Basically I'm shallow af

Granadier

That's awesome! When do they let you know? And you've already graduated right? :O

They'll let me know around the end of July/beginning of August. And I have a year of schooling left, so we'll see what happens.

FUME5

*Proceeds to change name to Monday Morning*

I should have known better.

I just don't get why everyone lists "travel and outdoors and craft beers" as interests.

What does that even mean? I like alternately going outdoors then being inside. That's if they even have a description.

I don't wanna just hook up with some rando but want some companionship... but if they're outdoorsy types it'll likely not work out. I want someone that'll playing Divinity: Original Sin on the couch w/ me too in between our outdoor travel craft beer trips.

If one of their photos is on a yacht I swipe left, I can't fund that kind of lifestyle.

Granadier

I love to run, but it's not an interest. I work out so that I can eat somewhat shitty.

Basically I'm shallow af

This would be a solid Tinder bio.

Mine literally just says, "Swipe if you want to go kayaking."

Pau

I feel actually most of the cool/nice people get discouraged by the shitty people and often leave and what you'll see mostly in these apps is shallow people or people who don't have much in common to work something out.
:(

Is this just on Tinder or across services? It seems like OKCupid is geared more towards having a profile versus just pictures?

Basically I'm shallow af
I mean, that doesn't sound quite shallow. Then again, I'd probably only put the question: "Do you like the Robins?" and vet guys by how they answer.

They'll let me know around the end of July/beginning of August. And I have a year of schooling left, so we'll see what happens.
Would you take a year off if they make an offer? :eek:

I should have known better.

If one of their photos is on a yacht I swipe left, I can't fund that kind of lifestyle.
and what's up with all the travel/activity pics?? at least with guys it's like every second pic is him wearing a snowboard helmet in the alps or some shit. great to check out their look. not.
I was expecting this to end with a joke but I appreciate that it followed through with giving legitimate advice.

yeah me too. I found it quite charming afterwards

zeemumu

yeah me too. I found it quite charming afterwards

And it's very true. I just wish I had realized that sooner.

I got spriter to work. I can finally make a game. I just need to scan in puppet man because making him from scratch is more work than I'm willing to do at the moment.

Granadier

Would you take a year off if they make an offer? :eek:

Most likely. It would be difficult to turn down the salary being offered and instead going back to paying for school and being broke.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I wonder if Tinder will do better than any of the other apps Ive used. Adam 4 Adam, Biggercity Okcupid, Grindr, Scruff, Daggr and Growlr.

FUME5

*sees pictures of girl on Easter Island, in Mexico, in Australia*

Fuck that. *swipes left*

Word.

and what's up with all the travel/activity pics?? at least with guys it's like every second pic is him wearing a snowboard helmet in the alps or some shit. great to check out their look. not.

I get that people want to put their best foot forward and look interesting and shit, but it's like everyone is an extreme sports aficionado.

The last date said my profile stood out because I could spell, didn't have a photo of me holding up a fish or a gym selfie. So, there's that I guess.

Maybe I should switch to a short af bio like that see what happens.

"A few drinks and a bite to eat? Sardonic environmental consultant who tends towards indolence."

I'm self selecting for intelligence a bit...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom