• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 8: Overthirst

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had to go to the local police station to file a witness report. Getting tons of posts on my fb of someone i know who is missing. Except i saw him earlier in the day outside my house and his car is still parked there. Officer told me he is high risk, but thats all they told me. I know him and his mum, and now theres a police car stationed outside my house for the last couple of hours.

Have no idea wtf hes up to, but hes definitely not missing.

Misha

Banned
Im pretty much remembering oldies. Some aged poorly and some are okay and some albums I didnt like from them are actually better than I thought in the past. Revisiting stuff can be entertaining since you can see things in a different light good or bad. For most of the part I enjoyed the albums but a lot of things are stuff from their time.

what are your thoughts on all American rejects? (the first album)

I thought it aged really well but their other ones not as much

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Had to go to the local police station to file a witness report. Getting tons of posts on my fb of someone i know who is missing. Except i saw him earlier in the day outside my house and his car is still parked there. Officer told me he is high risk, but thats all they told me. I know him and his mum, and now theres a police car stationed outside my house for the last couple of hours.

Whoa. Likely wanted for something.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

I agree the first album aged better and it was always more memorable to me. The second album sounds like a lot of other bands that released around the same time in a lot of the songs so for me is good but in the autopilot mode on kind of way.

zeemumu

But you can't be gone from one place and show up somewhere else entirely. So when you turn up, you're never missing. And when you're missing, you never turn up.

I think the only song that I know of theirs is Move Along.

Misha

Banned
I agree the first album aged better and it was always more memorable to me. The second album sounds like a lot of other bands that released around the same time in a lot of the songs so for me is good but in the autopilot mode on kind of way.

i'm assuming you didn't even bother with the third then? :p
I disliked that one so much that I didn't even bother checking to see if they released any more
I think the only song that I know of theirs is Move Along.
others you might know

Swing Swing

Dirty Little Secret
It Ends Tonight

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
But you can't be gone from one place and show up somewhere else entirely. So when you turn up, you're never missing. And when you're missing, you never turn up.
This reads like a Jaden Smith tweet. lol

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
i'm assuming you didn't even bother with the third then? :p
I disliked that one so much that I didn't even bother checking to see if they released any more

I listened to the third and I dont dislike it but I dont have a strong opinion on it besides Gives You Hell still annoying me. The fourth album aint that bad but can be a bit forgettable.

If I had to rank em
1>4>2>3

zeemumu

you were probably a bit too young for swing swing tbf

2002? I was 8. My introduction into the rock genre was when I was 6 starting with Otherside.

Otherside has one of the few early 00's music videos that still somewhat holds up, or at least isn't a CGI mess.

Besides, I was watching old cartoons like Felix the Cat and Little Lulu in addition to the current stuff when I was a kid and a lot of 70's/80's music because it's all my parents ever played. I'm a mixture of different time periods of media.

Misha

Banned
2002? I was 8. My introduction into the rock genre was when I was 6 starting with Otherside.

Otherside has one of the few early 00's music videos that still somewhat holds up, or at least isn't a CGI mess.

red hot chili peppers were already big by that point. all American rejects were sorta like indie darlings at the point of swing swing (really weird to think about in retrospect) they really blew up with their second album

Geez you're right about other side. They really knew their limitations in that vid and played it perfectly

zeemumu

red hot chili peppers were already big by that point. all American rejects were sorta like indie darlings at the point of swing swing (really weird to think about in retrospect) they really blew up with their second album

Geez you're right about other side. They really knew their limitations in that vid and played it perfectly

Yeah, the art style that they chose isn't really one that is affected by time, like pixel art.

The 2nd Fantastic Four movie is on right now. It's crazy how badly they screwed up Doom. If he doesn't have a mask in most of his screentime then you've already failed.

Misha

Banned
Listening to old all American rejects songs on YouTube and the comments are full of kids who say it doesn't sound anything like all American rejects :|

Jobbs

Banned
thought I was going to do basically nothing until my friend comes over but I found a bug in my game that is scaring the hell out of me

time to obsess

we may need another cow fence

SolVanderlyn

icd1TTXl.jpg

Jobbs

Banned

I'm a member of the rebellion so

GrcvrZi.gif

I'm always obsessing. Join me.

DUDE MY GAME HAS ACTUAL DEMONS IN IT. LIKE THE FUCKING ENGINE. IT MAKES NO SENSE.

I'll try to explain this to a non programmer. Imagine suddenly you turned your PS4 on and the window opened instead. It makes absolutely no logical sense. That's basically analogous to what's happening to me rn in my game project

jb1234

DUDE MY GAME HAS ACTUAL DEMONS IN IT. LIKE THE FUCKING ENGINE. IT MAKES NO SENSE.

I'll try to explain this to a non programmer. Imagine suddenly you turned your PS4 on and the window opened instead. It makes absolutely no logical sense. That's basically analogous to what's happening to me rn in my game project

I wonder if exorcisms work on game code...

FloatOn

Bought my dog an adaptil collar because of the whole roommate scenario I don't think I told you guys about.

I don't know if this is snake oil or it will mess my dog up. I assume since they sell it at petco it's safe and it says that it is drug free so...

Jobbs

Banned
a cute girl is coming over soon and I just want to work on my code demon and chill.

btw code demon and chill MEANS code demon and chill.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
a cute girl is coming over soon and I just want to work on my code demon and chill.

btw code demon and chill MEANS code demon and chill.

Woo her by explaining your code demon to her in great detail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom