• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 8: Overthirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeemumu

Should I be concerned about my mom's opinion on racial bias with cops?

She's complaining that white people get shot all the time but only the black ones end up on the news, that if you get shot you probably deserved it, and that all lives matter should be the phrase instead of black lives matter.

It's like the ark of the covenant. If I look the stupidity will melt my face off.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds

She's complaining that white people get shot all the time but only the black ones end up on the news, that if you get shot you probably deserved it, and that all lives matter should be the phrase instead of black lives matter.
No. You can't change it

FUME5

It's like the ark of the covenant. If I look the stupidity will melt my face off.

Ah.

As for your mom, shit man, I don't know, my parents express some anti-aboriginal sentiments on the rare occasion and they raised me to treat people of all countries, colours and creeds as equals. People are complex contradictions.

Misha

Banned
That's a terrible reason to not be concerned about anything

well at least it sounds like a parroted opinion so if that's something you'd have an issue with

not likely to directly impact anyone other than being frustrating to hear and determining one vote though

How would you describe yourself on Facebook?

Probably way too reserved to be on it to be completely honest. I don't trust the platform at all, never post pictures of myself, and when I do post, it's always something about a band/game/movie I like. I try not to get into political debates with some of the slack jawed idiots who likes to post severely compressed jpg images of strawman arguments with ugly ass fonts.

I've confined to letting my own neurotic freak flag fly here on the GAF.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Ah.

As for your mom, shit man, I don't know, my parents express some anti-aboriginal sentiments on the rare occasion and they raised me to treat people of all countries, colours and creeds as equals. People are complex contradictions.
So the first time I ever went to Australia, we were in Perth for some allied celebration, I made friends with this girl Cynthia and we hung out all week. Naturally I wanted to get some touristy souvenirs and got a didgeridoo. She asked me why the fuck I bought a boong flute, and it was years before I realized how racist that was

FUME5

Probably way too reserved to be on it to be completely honest. I don't trust the platform at all, never post pictures of myself, and when I do post, it's always something about a band/game/movie I like. I try not to get into political debates with some of the slack jawed idiots who likes to post severely compressed jpg images of strawman arguments with ugly ass fonts.

I've confined to letting my own neurotic freak flag fly here on the GAF.

Ah, the scrapbooker.

So the first time I ever went to Australia, we were in Perth for some allied celebration, I made friends with this girl Cynthia and we hung out all week. Naturally I wanted to get some touristy souvenirs and got a didgeridoo. She asked me why the fuck I bought a boong flute, and it was years before I realized how racist that was

No shit, when were you here?

And yeah, we still have a long way to go before this nation has any sort of true reconciliation.

Listening to paper thin arguments on a regular basis causes more stress for me than confronting them about it, so yeah

This is how exactly I feel like when I hear my dad talk about people up in the city of STL and all that shooting crime stuff. Drives me into stress because I don't want to face it and address what all leads up to that because my father is not all that enlighten about that stuff.

So I know how you feel....

Hmm, racist family members let me think.

I think it'd be easier to mention who I know isn't a racist: Me, my brother. That's all I got as far as family's concerned.

marrec

Banned
OMG I'm so happy, Milo Yiannopoulos has been banned permanently from Twitter I'm legit happy enough to cry rn, dude was a major source of abuse against me during the beginnings of Gamergate and I'm so fucking glad he's gone.

finally got home and get to jump in the shower. then it'll be time for fooooood :O

OMG I'm so happy, Milo Yiannopoulos has been banned permanently from Twitter I'm legit happy enough to cry rn, dude was a major source of abuse against me during the beginnings of Gamergate and I'm so fucking glad he's gone.

I don't know who that is but I'm glad Twitter's actually doing something about an abusive person.

FUME5

The guy's a shitstain. Hand him a fucking beatdown if you ever run into the instigating cunt.

Jobbs

Banned
I've gone 30 hours without a caffeinated drink and I feel like all I want to do is lay down, and if I lay down it feels like I don't have enough energy to remain laying down

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
So I finally washed the last of the blood out of my hair. It's all dry and clean now. I nearly cried when I didn't have to strategically place my hair to cover anything anymore. Didn't realise how much it had taken over my life :S
I can just tie it up and not worry. You guys have no idea how this makes me feel. Sorry for the sappy post but I'm so happy.

Misha

Banned

unfortunate that it takes him going after someone famous for something to happen but good that it happened and good that twitter was actually willing to defend someone

zeemumu

"That is really unfair, son. We care," you say in the most monotone and disinterested tone possible while you eat your dinner.

This guy could give Willy Wonka a run for his money in feigning concern over child endangerment.

Twitter just banned Milo. So happy.

That thread is starting to annoy me because once again we have people insisting that education is a panacea for bigotry and the oppressed should totes suffer through the bullshit and try to educate people who are nothing but hateful cunts.

No. It doesn't work that way. There are plenty of formally well educated people who are complete shitbags.

zeemumu

That thread is starting to annoy me because once again we have people insisting that education is a panacea for bigotry and the oppressed should totes suffer through the bullshit and try to educate people who are nothing but hateful cunts.

No. It doesn't work that way. There are plenty of formally well educated people who are complete shitbags.

Which thread?

Edit: Nevermind. Found it.

marrec

Banned
Is it weird that I don't know who the fuck Milo is?

Nah, he's a little piece of shit who is only popular through alt-right slimeballs.

I only know about him for (2) reasons:

He helped orchestrate a harassment campaign against me during the beginnings of Gamergate.

He spoke at Pitt a few months ago and I showed up to shittalk him.

Ironically Selena Gomez said this exact thing in an attempt to deflect attention from Taylor Swift. Didn't work there either.

I'm still yelling at this response.

b2405c1553.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom