• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FakeGAF 8: Overthirst

Status
Not open for further replies.

Numb

I enjoy the gameplay but the story and character building is mediocre. What Uncharted shines Tomb Raider sucks at it and vice versa.

Another type of this game should come out and take the best parts of both
Leave the fatality deaths behind tho yikes

Misha

Banned
Wow. Keeping her in my thoughts. Hope everything turns out ok.

I hope everything turns out okay.
Turns out it was a cyst so just some pain from what I can tell
Biking with hills is such a good workout.
That's my neck o the woods (North Vancouver)
Once you get used to it, it's so easy too.

I do trail riding there too... :p
I know. Biking on flat land really isn't much of a workout in comparison. Sooooo easy.

Not a fan of trail riding though. You can feel every little twig and that's annoying

Turns out it was a cyst so just some pain from what I can tell

I know. Biking on flat land really isn't much of a workout in comparison. Sooooo easy.

Not a fan of trail riding though. You can feel every little twig and that's annoying

Plenty of people here that bike as a workout here in The Netherlands on completely flat land. I use my bike commute as a workout too.

It just depends on how fast and far you go.

Also it's a windy country.

Xiao Hu

Ok, I'm not going through with UC2, fuck that shit. I'm too tired of boring cinematic gameplay and scripted explosions left and right, not my taste anymore. Like UC1 was already a subpar experience, shitty looking and mechanics from my arse for a game from 2007. I liked Golden Abyss for my Vita but I didn't imagine the mainline games would have been that boring.

Misha

Banned
Plenty of people here that bike as a workout here in The Netherlands on completely flat land. I use my bike commute as a workout too.

It just depends on how fast and far you go.

Also it's a windy country.
Well the distance is the thing. I get bored eventually so like 4 miles is perfect for me and I don't break much of a sweat at that distance when it's flat.
I max out the gears too so either I need to do something different or I need a new bike. Hard to say

Well the distance is the thing. I get bored eventually so like 4 miles is perfect for me and I don't break much of a sweat at that distance when it's flat.
I max out the gears too so either I need to do something different or I need a new bike. Hard to say

I do slightly more than six miles within half an hour. It is not a great workout, but since it is just my commute it is okay.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Ok, I'm not going through with UC2, fuck that shit. I'm too tired of boring cinematic gameplay and scripted explosions left and right, not my taste anymore. Like UC1 was already a subpar experience, shitty looking and mechanics from my arse for a game from 2007. I liked Golden Abyss for my Vita but I didn't imagine the mainline games would have been that boring.
It only gets worse afa scripted setpieces go

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Yesterday I had a half hour discussion with my new regional manager about video games. His favourites are Mass Effect, The Witcher, Uncharted, and Civilisation. Off to a good start before my inevitable redundancy.

aloha

Bored, looking at dick pics on Tumblr to unwind.

You know the usual.

I remember one of my earliest exposures to popgaf was being invited to that music stream and someone posting a bunch of links to erection gifs.

Numb

I mean that there should be options. I dont think the game has them tho.

Wanna see mine?
dang

Yesterday I had a half hour discussion with my new regional manager about video games. His favourites are Mass Effect, The Witcher, Uncharted, and Civilisation. Off to a good start before my inevitable redundancy.

aloha

I remember one of my earliest exposures to popgaf was being invited to that music stream and someone posting a bunch of links to erection gifs.

first exposure to popgaf was when someone mentioned popgaf and they descended like a swarm with the gifs
pretty hype

zeemumu

I rank them as
Shit, Trash, Garbage, Junk

But you use those rankings too often for them to mean anything. A pass-fail system doesn't work well for games.

What PS4 game should I takle next. Gimme some suggestions!

I enjoyed Shadow of Mordor for that first half, but if you hate AC or Arkham Asylum with a passion then you may want to hold off on it. It's also not exclusive as far as I know :p

All of the exclusives that I would suggest have already been mentioned.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
I should set up a Medium page for sci comm.
I'm not that experienced in science, but the shit journalists and popular opinion say makes my blood boil.

Ceallach

But you use those rankings too often for them to mean anything. A pass-fail system doesn't work well for games.

I enjoyed Shadow of Mordor for that first half.

I have more than a pass/fail. Like, I dig Star Fox, but it has a lot of flaws.

But I have little respect for the Uncharted series. They are boring as fuck, have awful boring characters, and rely on pretty graphics. But graphics mean nothing to me. I would rather play like Berzerk or Jumping Flash, or something hideous that has fun mechanics and gameplay that has some substance.

It's basically the safest, most boring type of game I could ever imagine

jb1234

I really, really liked Uncharted 2 but I've been burning out on the series ever since. I guess that game just balanced the wild set pieces with the story the best.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I really, really liked Uncharted 2 but I've been burning out on the series ever since. I guess that game just balanced the wild set pieces with the story the best.

I agree wholeheartedly and am yet to finish Uncharted 4 due to the awful slog of what seems to be the first act. Uncharted 2 is really the only game in the series that keeps up the pacing and balanced momentum between narrative and encounters. The story is dull but the characters make up for it.

A Fish Aficionado

The problem with naughty dog is that they continue to try to join emotional or character development set pieces with bullet sponge enemies and unnecessary gore.

zeemumu

I have more than a pass/fail. Like, I dig Star Fox, but it has a lot of flaws.

But I have little respect for the Uncharted series. They are boring as fuck, have awful boring characters, and rely on pretty graphics. But graphics mean nothing to me. I would rather play like Berzerk or Jumping Flash, or something hideous that has fun mechanics and gameplay that has some substance.

I'm not very strict when it comes to graphic but I appreciate being able to have gunfights in batshit insane environments.

Jobbs

Banned
Man my big toe nail is dark... I took a pretty good shot to it when I was exercising earlier but I didn't know it was so bad

Hope it doesn't fall off

Ceallach

I'm not very strict when it comes to graphic but I appreciate being able to have gunfights in batshit insane environments.
but the gunplay sucks!! And thats without even getting into the fact that the gameplay doesn't jive with story at all

zeemumu

but the gunplay sucks!! And thats without even getting into the fact that the gameplay doesn't jive with story at all

Not really. It's acceptable (in 2 and 4, anyway). And I've realized that you actually are capable of dying in a good chunk of those cinematic events so it's not entirely for show. As a standard adventure game in a Indiana Jones-style world I thought the games were pretty fun overall.

btw am I the only one who thinks the Systemshock remake looks kinda bland? I'm not getting any atmosphere here. all sci-fi shooters look the same these days

Jobbs

Banned
btw am I the only one who thinks the Systemshock remake looks kinda bland? I'm not getting any atmosphere here. all sci-fi shooters look the same these days

Nope. You're right . I'm having trouble caring about it.

And I think it might fall off 😭😭

Ceallach

Not really. It's acceptable (in 2 and 4, anyway). And I've realized that you actually are capable of dying in a good chunk of those cinematic events so it's not entirely for show. As a standard adventure game in a Indiana Jones-style world I thought the games were pretty fun overall.
It's barely adequate. It works okay, sometimes but enemies are bullet sponges and ND barely understand ballistics. Not to mention how utterly boring the whole chest high wall arena shootout thing is

jb1234

The problem with naughty dog is that they continue to try to join emotional or character development set pieces with bullet sponge enemies and unnecessary gore.

4 tries to balance this by including a bunch of walking, talking moments (and climbing, yuck) but that just creates bigger problems because those are boring as hell.

zeemumu

It's barely adequate. It works okay, sometimes but enemies are bullet sponges and ND barely understand ballistics. Not to mention how utterly boring the whole chest high wall arena shootout thing is

I like to mix it up. Very few of my firefights were straightforward. I'm all for unconventional tactics, like driving a Warthog off the grav launcher while you're inside and then jumping out midflight to watch it barrel over the other team in Halo.

Bullet sponge enemies were initially annoying but I learned to deal with them in time.

I think No Man's Sky, Phoenix Wright, KH 2.8, and DOOM are the last games I that I still need to play for the year.

A Fish Aficionado

4 tries to balance this by including a bunch of walking, talking moments (and climbing, yuck) but that just creates bigger problems because those are boring as hell.
Yeah, I heard 4 is way better in terms of execution. I don't have a ps4.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Looks awful but it tastes good ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
f938cf2590.png

Misha

Banned

I think someone in the games industry has a time machine. How else would everyone know exactly what the future is going to look like?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom